Need help with pulling assets from CoH 1

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
Endiarsi

Need help with pulling assets from CoH 1

Post by Endiarsi »

Sorry to bother people with this, but I’ve been having trouble pulling some specific assets from CoH 1. I’ve been trying to pull the UI unit badges, and so far I’ve found the Badge Bases, Unit Symbols, and Veterency Pips, but finding the Health Bar and Squad Size Number has been impossible, any help or suggestions are very much appreciated.

(I'm not sure if it matters but I have been using Corsix Mod Studio to pull the images from the game.)

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Need help with pulling assets from CoH 1

Post by MarKr »

Is health bar and the squad size number even editable? The health bar is just proportional representation of HP that given unit has, so it is not a static "picture" such as the badges or unit symbols and I think same goes for the squad size number - if you mean the number on unit badge that shows how many soldiers are still alive. I think it dynamically changes based on remaining soldiers so I don't think it is a static picture.

But I don't know much about editing the UI so maybe I'm wrong.

Endiarsi

Re: Need help with pulling assets from CoH 1

Post by Endiarsi »

MarKr wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 13:52
Is health bar and the squad size number even editable? The health bar is just proportional representation of HP that given unit has, so it is not a static "picture" such as the badges or unit symbols and I think same goes for the squad size number - if you mean the number on unit badge that shows how many soldiers are still alive. I think it dynamically changes based on remaining soldiers so I don't think it is a static picture.
I started wondering if that was the case, and yeah the number that shows how many soldiers are still alive is what I meant, so far the only reference I've been able to find to the squad health bar has been under data-game-taskbar.lua. In that lua I have been able to find multiple references to unit badge construction which included the health bar. The references that stood out to me were squad_health_bar, portrait_squad_health, entity_health_bar, and portrait_building_health.

I know I’m missing something, and I now believe like you mentioned, that both the health bar and squad size number are created dynamically, but there has to be a way to generate what I’m looking for outside of the game (or at least I hope there is). How would one edit the health bar normally, like if I wanted to edit the color of the health bar, how would I go about that?