5.1.6 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MenciusMoldbug

Re: 5.1.6 Patch

Postby MenciusMoldbug » 02 Dec 2018, 23:58

Possible changes to take into consideration for next patch:

Stuka bomb not killing tanks on direct hits: This is 1000 KG bomb, if it lands on top of your tank, no way you are just going to be 'fine' and at half hp because you over-repaired it a while ago. Direct hit = death (would make the single stuka bomb strike in the reward menu useful to take over the other one too).

Weird 37mm greyhound target tables: Has a chance to bounce on puma, bounce the rear of a nashorn, a 24% chance to bounce on snipers at max range with it's main gun (and I've literally seen the 37mm shot bounce on a wehrmacht sniper). Maybe copy-paste target table values from another 37mm gun because they seem to have different better values to the greyhound one.

Sherman Smoke: Most overpriced smoke in the game, 50 munitions and you have to buy it from WSC to use it too, and it pops on top of the tank only. Doesn't help much in the end considering some guys can just ignore smoke accuracy debuffs thanks to accuracy modifiers from tank commanders, vet, target tables, etc. Make it cost 15 to smoke the Sherman or somewhere around there.

Equalizing HE damage between 37mm guns: Stuart 37mm does 40-40 damage while the pak 37mm HE on the blitzkrieg doc halftrack does 60-60. Considering the halftrack HE already has more range (65) and faster reload by .5 seconds, the Stuart should at least have the same damage as this thing or the damage for the axis halftrack can be brought down considering how many times I see it wipe out sapper squads in a single shot.

M4 Sherman Crocodile: If it isn't going to have anything but it's main flamer gun and a top .50 MG it shouldn't cost more fuel than a normal Sherman. I would apply the same thing to the Flammen Hetzer with it's fuel cost (should be 50 instead of 60).

Bren Carrier Repair Vehicle: Nobody uses this unit because the repair speed feels inconsequential to getting Royal Sappers with advanced repairs to do the job. Maybe buff it's repair speed even more (and increase its cost if it becomes really good)? It's really, really vulnerable to pretty much any type of AT and it's slow too.

Bofors should damage Nashorn: Nashorn is immune to bofor 40mm guns. It's kind of funny seeing the bofors shoot the rear of a nashorn with that infinite 'weak armor point penetrated' message and it's doing 1 point of damage to it.

12oz.Mouse

Postby 12oz.Mouse » 03 Dec 2018, 00:49

MarKr wrote:This is the oposite of what one of the things people complained about - Hotchkiss rockets coming too early. Tank Hunter doctrine's main purpose is to fight tanks with their many TDs, not to shoot arty from Hotchkiss as soon as possible.

If the allies have Shermans with rockets and jeeps with rockets at the beginning of the game, then let the Germans have at least something or nerf the axis too.

Warhawks97

Postby Warhawks97 » 03 Dec 2018, 00:51

MenciusMoldbug wrote:Possible changes to take into consideration for next patch:

Stuka bomb not killing tanks on direct hits: This is 1000 KG bomb, if it lands on top of your tank, no way you are just going to be 'fine' and at half hp because you over-repaired it a while ago. Direct hit = death (would make the single stuka bomb strike in the reward menu useful to take over the other one too).

yes
Weird 37mm greyhound target tables: Has a chance to bounce on puma, bounce the rear of a nashorn, a 24% chance to bounce on snipers at max range with it's main gun (and I've literally seen the 37mm shot bounce on a wehrmacht sniper). Maybe copy-paste target table values from another 37mm gun because they seem to have different better values to the greyhound one.

lol, needs a change.

Sherman Smoke: Most overpriced smoke in the game, 50 munitions and you have to buy it from WSC to use it too, and it pops on top of the tank only. Doesn't help much in the end considering some guys can just ignore smoke accuracy debuffs thanks to accuracy modifiers from tank commanders, vet, target tables, etc. Make it cost 15 to smoke the Sherman or somewhere around there.

The sherman self repair ability is also quite usless. It makes your tank unable to do anything for 40 seconds and repairs slowly for 50 ammo.

Should require either vet 1 or WSC upgrade and costing not 50 ammo. And if you order your tank to do something the ability should stop (the timer would run down though).

yes
Equalizing HE damage between 37mm guns: Stuart 37mm does 40-40 damage while the pak 37mm HE on the blitzkrieg doc halftrack does 60-60. Considering the halftrack HE already has more range (65) and faster reload by .5 seconds, the Stuart should at least have the same damage as this thing or the damage for the axis halftrack can be brought down considering how many times I see it wipe out sapper squads in a single shot.

All perma HE are better for axis compared to counterparts. They have decent accuracy and high on point damage. Allis HE behave more realistic in terms of accuracy max range, scatter, AoE and AoE damage modifiers.

And wtf, why this thing has 65 range. I would guess its simply a mistake.

Bofors should damage Nashorn: Nashorn is immune to bofor 40mm guns. It's kind of funny seeing the bofors shoot the rear of a nashorn with that infinite 'weak armor point penetrated' message and it's doing 1 point of damage to it.

Bofors is more like a HE weapon. It cant bounce so far and shells always explode on impact.
It could have an HE and AP switch like axis 37 mm.... perhaps.

Mr. FeministDonut

Postby Mr. FeministDonut » 03 Dec 2018, 11:58

MarKr wrote:Weaker compared to what or when? The situation in 5.1.5? I've never heard you complaining about the strength of 75mm Sherman vs StuG in 5.1.4 and before but suddenly NOW it is too weak? Even when it has been like this for years? This is the part that I don't get. It was OK for years, then it got for the period of one patch stronger frontal penetration against StuG, then it returned to the "OK stage" which it had for years, except now it is not OK anymore?

Actually the stronger rear penetration chances (which were added in 5.1.5) are still there so 75mm Shermans are still stronger than they were before 5.1.5.

Dude, is it problem that I suggested that only after few years? Stug has brilliant top mg, that allows this tank perfom both well against infantry and with it's main gun against mid-tier class tanks. And while German's making stug, allies get what? Pure AI tank that also had to pay 90 ammo just to be good at something? I never heard an explanation, why Stug should have such good perfomance in both countering stages. Could you please explain me why?

mofetagalactica

Postby mofetagalactica » 03 Dec 2018, 13:39

MenciusMoldbug wrote:Possible changes to take into consideration for next patch:

M4 Sherman Crocodile: If it isn't going to have anything but it's main flamer gun and a top .50 MG it shouldn't cost more fuel than a normal Sherman. I would apply the same thing to the Flammen Hetzer with it's fuel cost (should be 50 instead of 60).

Bren Carrier Repair Vehicle: Nobody uses this unit because the repair speed feels inconsequential to getting Royal Sappers with advanced repairs to do the job. Maybe buff it's repair speed even more (and increase its cost if it becomes really good)? It's really, really vulnerable to pretty much any type of AT and it's slow too.

YES YES YES AND YES

Walderschmidt

Postby Walderschmidt » 03 Dec 2018, 14:03

+1000

The New BK Champion

Postby The New BK Champion » 03 Dec 2018, 14:15

I agree with mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Postby MarKr » 03 Dec 2018, 23:37

12oz.Mouse wrote:If the allies have Shermans with rockets and jeeps with rockets at the beginning of the game, then let the Germans have at least something or nerf the axis too.
Calliope rockets are not as strong as the Stuka rockets so it is not very good comparison.

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:Dude, is it problem that I suggested that only after few years? Stug has brilliant top mg, that allows this tank perfom both well against infantry and with it's main gun against mid-tier class tanks. And while German's making stug, allies get what? Pure AI tank that also had to pay 90 ammo just to be good at something? I never heard an explanation, why Stug should have such good perfomance in both countering stages. Could you please explain me why?
I don't have much problem with the change itself but I wanted to know the reasoning and the reasons you gave me did not make much sense.
After checking some files I found that the StuG top MG did not receive the latest changes, so it will be added and the anti-infantry power will drop a bit, leaving it as mainly anti-tank unit.

MenciusMoldbug wrote:Possible changes to take into consideration for next patch(...)
Obvious bugs/oversights will be changed, the rest maybe too, cannot promise anything though.

Mr. FeministDonut

Postby Mr. FeministDonut » 04 Dec 2018, 22:51

Thanks alot

Viper

Postby Viper » 10 Dec 2018, 23:00

although it's not on the change.log and im not sure if other people have discovered it or not yet. but im genuinely impressed how you fixed the immortal crew of the american 37mm anti tank gun :) much better now!

MarKr
Team Member

Postby MarKr » 10 Dec 2018, 23:16

That is really surprising, because nobody touched the 37mm gun :? But thanks for the praise anyway :lol:

Viper

Postby Viper » 11 Dec 2018, 07:24

as you know, the crew of the american 37mm anti tank gun had heavy cover around them from all directions.
now there is no heavy cover at all. or just medium cover. pioneers can now quickly kill the crew even from long range.

it must be that someone has touched it. otherwise we might have a ghost in the bk dev team hiding somewhere.......... :D

Return to “Announcements”