M12 Trench Gun

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MenciusMoldbug

M12 Trench Gun

Postby MenciusMoldbug » 07 Nov 2018, 00:43

So in BK we have an M12 Trench Gun in the game which is only given to a single model in a CQB Squad that infantry company gets. This weapon has weird stats such as:

- High amounts of accuracy at distance (0.35 / 0.35 / 0.55 / 1)

- No 'burst fire,' i.e. - acts as a single shot weapon in the game

- Very high damage for a single shot small arms weapon (100-70 damage)

- Doesn't seem to have a sound for the shotgun? If there is one I can't hear it (should sound something like this)

In short, you get a very erratic weapon that doesn't act as a 'shotgun' but more of a 'sniper rifle.'

I think it should be fixed so it fits into BK better, such as having multiple damage-roll shots when it's fired so all the damage isn't concentrated into a massive slug round. With accuracy and cooldown fixed so it acts less like a long range rifle (that seems to also have better accuracy than a riflemen M1 Garand).

If this is fixed to act more like a shotgun; I would like it if combat engineers in infantry company could have them as a third upgrade. It really fits them, and I find it unfortunate they don't have a choice of getting it at all even though it is in the game.

Jalis

Re: M12 Trench Gun

Postby Jalis » 07 Nov 2018, 01:34

MenciusMoldbug wrote:
In short, you get a very erratic weapon that doesn't act as a 'shotgun' but more of a 'sniper rifle.'

A sniper rifle ? with 30 max range ?

It simply act as intented, (except perhaps sound) ; massive damage, but only at short range … because long range dont exist for shotgun

MenciusMoldbug

Postby MenciusMoldbug » 07 Nov 2018, 01:40

Yeah my bad, I didn't check that. I thought it was at 60 range like every other weapon. At 30 it's ok with that accuracy I guess, but I still don't get why it shoots super-slug rounds instead of gauge shells.

Is it because there is no way to have a 'burst fire'/multiple shots that isn't continuous in the game? I.E. it either shoots like a machine gun or it doesn't? Then I guess it can't really shoot gauges, but I would still like combat engineers to have it as a upgrade still.

kwok

Postby kwok » 07 Nov 2018, 04:57

as far as i understand, that is unfortunately correct mencius, you can't do "burst" in the sense that it's multiple rolls in one shot. it's a stream technically speaking. practically speaking, you COULD have the a stream of shots within an extremely short set of time to represent a "shot gun". but then you'd have to be willing to accept that one shot blast could effectively roll down a single person per "bursted bullet". Like if you wanted 6 pellets in one shot, the gun shoots at a squad, and you get the RNG god blessed rolls of the century, that 1 shot could 5% insta kill each individual in that squad, full squad wipe. lol, that'd be hilarious..... and totally that'd i'd be the painful receiving end of given my luck....

The New BK Champion

Postby The New BK Champion » 07 Nov 2018, 08:03

On the side note, this gun can penetrate halftracks and deal criticals on them xd

Warhawks97

Postby Warhawks97 » 07 Nov 2018, 12:09

Yes, it has a 10% chance to pen a halftrack.
Due to its accuracy of 100% at close range and good rate of fire at close range its possible to deal damage, esspecially with its 70-100 damage. A single pen will take 1/3 of a HT health.

However it seems to have even better pen vs PE scout cars with up to 40% pen. That seems way to OP.

But when i went through files i found more weird stuff, esspecially with MG´s.

I cant write down them all but just giving examples:

The Axis coax, hull and top mounted MG´s have a 60% pen chance vs bren carrier. Against Dingo its 10%.
The US HMG has also 60% pen vs bren carrier. So capturing one makes them to be very effective vs bren carriers.

Meanwhile the axis HMG pens a bren carrier with 1% chance but a US halftrack with 10% and greyhound with 4%.

I would have to test it in game again though but its not that easy without a testing partner. I also never bren carriers battleing german tanks so....

PECenturion

Postby PECenturion » 07 Nov 2018, 17:12

I love that you have brought this up
a sound is definitely required, the link sound is pretty epic
would like to see this weapon used more and 100% aggre it fits the combat engineers and their fighting style maybe give the regualr engineers this option to purchase these guns
with a bit of tweaking this could fit bk perfectly but needs a bit of work, cinda lame to see a wepaon used only by one squad :/

Return to “Balancing & Suggestions”