Forum members

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
Carlos303

Forum members

Post by Carlos303 »

Hi I was reading forum for a long time. I saw many many users, but now everybody seems gone. I read all old topics and many many players just disappeared with no reason, even though they were devoted to the mod and wrote long posts. Can anybody tell me why those users stopped using forum?

Crimax
Wake
JimQwilleran
DanjelSk
Sukinkot
Yummy

Even now Tiger and Warhawks dont post much. Devs too. This is very sad :(. What happende guys?

SchlagtSieTot

Re: Forum members

Post by SchlagtSieTot »

Honestly, this forum is just loaded with too much personal bs. I haven't even been around for that long, but you can literally be here for maybe a week or so, and this pattern is clear as the sun. The same few members ranting the same old arguments at each other again and again and again - combined with insane biblical text blocks - as another user once described it - and technicalities incomprehensible to most.

It's just uninteresting. This is my experiences and my opinion.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

From my part its lack of time ending in lack of interest, because when I have some time, I am rather spending it non-coh related stuff, as CoH modding and even playing is very time consuming thing if you want to do it properly. Plus generally CoH2 got better, got some good mods, so some went playing that or other games (dont forget Fallout 4 is out). I still have plans for BK2 and I would love to do it, but its way too time consuming right now.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Take it easy mate.. I could insure to you that everyone you have mentioned is still checking out the forums from time to another probably except both JimQwilleran and Yummy; illa haven't been online here for some long time, apparently also the same thing on Steam for some reason... Yummy is often online on Steam but seem to be not interested in Bk anymore! However that this doesn't mean that they will never come back once again anyhow. U just can't really know it...
A friend of mine btw recently reported that he finally saw the player so called as 'BffWithDEATH' playing Bk few days ago although that he had been completely unavailable for too long.. same to other old users of whom we thought they would never be back anymore time again.
But even though if someone is ever gone forever or disappeared somehow.. u have to always make sure that someone else will come to be in his place at some point... This is usually how the life keeps going!!

I am not surprised as well to see that Wolf is now posting again after such a while ago since his last post down here.. as I have been contacting him recently, so I surely knew that he was hopefully still there ^^ Plus, if u notice, that sentence upon his Bk logo signature of which is clearly stating that he is just very busy for now... Nothing more or less as he now clarified too.
I mean that there is nothing wrong at all... :)

The same to me and Sukin specifically.. as we both have got to become very busy too at the same time.. and for the same reason perhaps as well! Studying purposes.
But I think that he is more often available than I am for the moment as he has still got a small notebook PC to use but it's too poor to run CoH as he told me once. That's why he does play so rarely now...
Almost the same for the remaining rest of others.. if not mistaken. But I honestly don't know anything about Wake...

For me... I have said it too many times already in fact even before I get to be busy like this (u can search my posts) that I have been currently unavailable on Steam for more than 30 days but I only keep checking the forums when it's possible.
I also said that I will be once again much more active on the mid of Jan at the early stage of the next year.. where I will then post the final missing list of things to be lastly done ;)
So just wait.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:JimQwilleran and Yummy; illa haven't been online here for some long time, apparently also the same thing on Steam for some reason

JimQwilleran = Illa = Nami-Swan ;)

Well I also experienced that. From some players I personally know why they stopped participating.

Mostly it was because when something gets discussed here it's

1) not possible to find an agreement because only few people will change their mind. Instead the same arguments are repeated over and over again.
2) even if there's an agreement it will most likely not be changed as most of the dev team simply doesn't care anymore
3) with CoH2 being better supporting mods BK I simply reached the end of it's life circle
4) I also know several players who stopped participating because they didn't want to interact with certain forum members spamming the whole forums with their BS anymore

From my point of view BK mod started it's downturn with the Steam servers and the 4.8 (?) open beta.

Suddenly there were 4 possible BKs to play and it simply confused people. You weren't able to find games for hours. Therefore people stopped playing it. WHich leaded to even less games. Which made even more people stop playing it and so on.

In BKs peak I could play around 10 games on a good day (around 2012).
Nowadays I'm happy if I get around 3 games per week.

That's why I also nearly don't play BK anymore and why I also only participate once in a while in the forums.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Do u really think I don't know that already?! O_O

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Butterkeks wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:JimQwilleran and Yummy; illa haven't been online here for some long time, apparently also the same thing on Steam for some reason

From my point of view BK mod started it's downturn with the Steam servers and the 4.8 (?) open beta.

Suddenly there were 4 possible BKs to play and it simply confused people. You weren't able to find games for hours. Therefore people stopped playing it. WHich leaded to even less games. Which made even more people stop playing it and so on.

In BKs peak I could play around 10 games on a good day (around 2012).
Nowadays I'm happy if I get around 3 games per week.

The ammount of players is pretty high currently. And 3 games per day are possible, on weekend even more. Just it seems they are a lot more spread arround the world. For a while BK mod was full with mainly german players and europe. Now players come a lot more from arround the world.

We have some that leave (havent seen erich and nami ina while), others came back (BffWithDeath) for example.

Thing is its a divided group currently. We have some "old rabbits" here but those dont play with "kids" and instead let only other old rabbits play in their games. But that makes things quite strange. While there are currently some players with good stats (like 33:3 recently) they are still veeery bad simply as they played only vs other newbies but never against older players. So we have a huge Gap. Like a football leage (Soccer) that has a first leage and a third leage but no second leauge and so nobody there is a missing connection and chance to "grow up". I am trying to fill that gap and got in contact with two new groups but well. It will take veery long to make them competetiv.

New players do have the potential to change the mod as they are "growing up" with current patches and thus learning right from the beginning "the new balance" and starting to develop playstyles accordingly to those. Many of the "old rabbits" just hanging really hard on their old formulas and are learning extremly slowly to deal with new performences of units etc. What i figured out is that new players are learning quite fast to combine many different units instead to only run for 2 or 3 unit types in an entire game. It doesnt mean they win better that way but with growing experience some of them may become very good.

Just lots of these new guys do not (yet) participate in forum. Personally i waited over 2 years to feel "experienced enough" to give my opinion. In 4.7 beta, xaliburs leaving, some old OP units (e.g Stupa), not wanted units (SP), switch to steam and stuff made many players leaving or not starting which nowadays might be here. From the ammount of players we do got a "revive" in the past months and weaks but untill they feel ready for the forum it will take some time.

But what we really should try is, as you said, not to write too much BS, less spam, staying more on Topic and less personal hates which in some weeks filled 50% or more of some topics. But its currently pretty hard to find the middle. If Tiger or me do not start a discussion then nobody does (this topic proves that :P). If we write too often and too much then nobody gonna read because its too much.

But i think here are more players that are reading as we might think. But they just dont participate for some given or unkown reasons.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:

Do u really think I don't know that already?! O_O

Then why did you write:
Tiger1996 wrote:I could insure to you that everyone you have mentioned is still checking out the forums from time to another probably except both JimQwilleran and Yummy; illa haven't been online here for some long time

To me it sounds like:

"Everyone is checking out forums, except Jim and yummy. I also didn't see illa for quite a long time."
Therefore I suggested that you thought these were two different people.

Warhawks97 wrote:Thing is its a divided group currently. We have some "old rabbits" here but those dont play with "kids" and instead let only other old rabbits play in their games. But that makes things quite strange. While there are currently some players with good stats (like 33:3 recently) they are still veeery bad simply as they played only vs other newbies but never against older players. So we have a huge Gap. Like a football leage (Soccer) that has a first leage and a third leage but no second leauge and so nobody there is a missing connection and chance to "grow up"

Well I can kinda understand these "old rabbits". I sometimes played with noobs on my side so they also get games and can see how it's done. But often they are so - sorry - stupid that it hurts. Even when you try to give them advice and how they could some things better, most of them will simply don't react to it.
Of course there are also some that appreciate the advice, but it feels to me like they are a minority.

Warhawks97 wrote:Just lots of these new guys do not (yet) participate in forum. Personally i waited over 2 years to feel "experienced enough" to give my opinion.

Basically same to me, but sadly this point is still pretty accurate imo:
Butterkeks wrote:2) even if there's an agreement it will most likely not be changed as most of the dev team simply doesn't care anymore

I remember the old forums:
In every single discussion, dev members participated and discussed actively with the community. It simply felt like "Wow, my opinion can do something."
Nowadays the discussion is mostly between players, but they seem to reach the dev team very seldomly.
So I also don't chech the forums too often, because I'm always thinking: "Why? It won't change anything." So I rather do other stuff.

Warhawks97 wrote:But what we really should try is, as you said, not to write too much BS, less spam, staying more on Topic and less personal hates which in some weeks filled 50% or more of some topics.

I'd say this is a direct result of the point stated above.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Game is simply old. After 10 years people start to be bored and play something else. Add to that BK become more and more specialized in PVP. That is its primary goal. However it became by the way far less attractive for solo players which was more than half of the forum population around three years ago when it was still active. Probably COH2 is more suitable for PVP, and this population tend to switch on the new version. Imo COH2 is not suitable for solo players, but BK mod isnt for them either.