How is BK2 going?

Talk about CoH2 or BKMOD2 in general.
FoxerWilde

How is BK2 going?

Post by FoxerWilde »

The topic gives it away. How far is BK2 at this Point in development?

Me and my friends plays lots, but can't (obviously) play the original game. So we are still in BK1 at the moment.
One side question is, we have a few really well designed maps that we play created mostly of a friend of mine. Is that something we can share with this community?

(And Wolf, thx so mutch for an amazing mod! We have had so many fun moments in this game. ;) )
"We are airborn, we are ment to be surrounded!"

kwok
Team Member

Re: How is BK2 going?

Post by kwok »

Ooh share them. I've been dying for somethjng new. Do the maps have that temp file bug?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

Unfortunately they do.. But, if you know how to remove it, or disable it plz just tell me and I'll make him fix it pronto.
So, how do I do to share them?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Darn, too bad. Butterkeks might know how to? I think he mentioned he knows why the bug happens, not necessarily the fix for it. If you do get it fixed though, bknc would love to spotlight it and try to spread it among players. You can upload the files in a zip or something on here and maybe I'll give them a spin with others. What kind of maps are they? 2v2s, 3v3s?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

kwok wrote:Darn, too bad. Butterkeks might know how to? I think he mentioned he knows why the bug happens, not necessarily the fix for it. If you do get it fixed though, bknc would love to spotlight it and try to spread it among players. You can upload the files in a zip or something on here and maybe I'll give them a spin with others. What kind of maps are they? 2v2s, 3v3s?

Well, If you can get the information out of Butterkeks I might be able to fix the maps, if it's possible. ;)

I know how to zip, but where do I upload the file? You have a link? Most of the maps are 2v2 but some 3v3. :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hey, I found the post I was looking for finally. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=782&p=9300&hilit=sga#p9300 Check this for fixing maps.

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

I have given him the link. My hope is that he converts the maps.

So, where do I upload the maps?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

You can upload them here I bet. Just "attach file". Maybe after I take a look at them myself, I'll try to share them around via BKNC channels.

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

Allright, he will try to solve the .temp problem. Thank you for the link. :)

Here are two maps, but still with the .temp problem. Great maps with lots of fun. Have about 6 more if you like them. Enjoy.
Attachments
Byzon_KL.zip
A pretty small map but very well made on the country side with 2 victory points
(6.24 MiB) Downloaded 346 times
Betzone_KL.zip
A larger map with bridges and a small Town in the center to fight around
(5.52 MiB) Downloaded 329 times

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

I'll add a couple of more maps, he tried to make them work better so I'll add the same two maps again as well.
Hope you enjoy.
Attachments
Langlef_KL_2p.zip
A large map with wide fields and a lots of roads to cover off. Mainly in the countryside. 2 player version
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
Langlef_KL.zip
A large map with wide fields and a lots of roads to cover off. Mainly in the countryside. 4 player version
(5.4 MiB) Downloaded 354 times
Floreen_KL.zip
(7.01 MiB) Downloaded 372 times
Fabez_KL.zip
A river crossing a large map with a small Town and some railroads. 4 player version
(6.2 MiB) Downloaded 335 times
Charbour_KL.zip
A large city map with lots of tactical dicisions. 4 player version
(8.1 MiB) Downloaded 329 times
Byzon_KL.zip
A medium countryside map with 2 small villages. 4 player version
(6.24 MiB) Downloaded 335 times
Bule_KL.zip
(9.37 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
Bruche_KL.zip
(5.89 MiB) Downloaded 337 times
Betzone_KL.zip
A large citymap that have many cross overs and som small fields in the out skirts. 4 player version
(5.52 MiB) Downloaded 347 times
Bettice_KL.zip
(4.69 MiB) Downloaded 360 times

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

...a few more maps.

Please give feedback, favorites and dislikes so we can develop better maps in the future. ;)
Attachments
Moliner_KL.zip
(5.7 MiB) Downloaded 336 times
Meze_KL.zip
(7.28 MiB) Downloaded 346 times

FoxerWilde

Post by FoxerWilde »

Still waiting to hear what you think of the maps. The more information we get, the better maps for you to play.

I will upload one more for you here.
Attachments
Wake_KL.rar
A version of Wake Island made by mr KL once more.
(7.85 MiB) Downloaded 343 times

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Would be nice if somebody check them

Creator_KL

Post by Creator_KL »

Like my maps post a comment please...
Im starting do maps for Coh2 ....

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

is there going to be an alpha/beta version of bk2 soon? how is going the work? :)

Creator_KL

Post by Creator_KL »

La_Rencontre_KL.7z
Blitz
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 365 times
Big city ...last map from me ..

Creator_KL

Any like my maps or ?

Post by Creator_KL »

Nice if some one add a comment

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

BK MOD2 can't be done the way we want (for now) there is no efficient tools to mod COH2 properly, i know, you guys will tell me, <<Yeah, but there is Spearmod, Wikinger mod etc...>> yes, but still its Fubar all the way, we can't properly create and design the units in the BK style, add new interesting features, mod COH2 the way we need for BKII, its frustrating for sure, but whats the point to do something who will never look or taste like BK? without speaking about any new COH2 updates will ruin the work done...so nope imo the most interesting things right now in COH2 is the Maps creations, the rest is still numb, and will stay numb until Relic/Sega offer us a real mod tools like COH1, otherwise it will be a lot of work and a big waist of time for nothing.

I do agree that those mods adds something better to the original game, but still... its so far away from what we really want to do for Bk MOD II, and without propers tools, we just can't do something who's kicking.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:BK MOD2 can't be done the way we want (for now) there is no efficient tools to mod COH2 properly, i know, you guys will tell me, <<Yeah, but there is Spearmod, Wikinger mod etc...>> yes, but still its Fubar all the way, we can't properly create and design the units in the BK style, add new interesting features, mod COH2 the way we need for BKII, its frustrating for sure, but whats the point to do something who will never look or taste like BK? without speaking about any new COH2 updates will ruin the work done...so nope imo the most interesting things right now in COH2 is the Maps creations, the rest is still numb, and will stay numb until Relic/Sega offer us a real mod tools like COH1, otherwise it will be a lot of work and a big waist of time for nothing.

I do agree that those mods adds something better to the original game, but still... its so far away from what we really want to do for Bk MOD II, and without propers tools, we just can't do something who's kicking.

agreed, id rather just wait until the correct tools, if ever i hope, are released.