Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.3 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Warhawks97

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.3 Patch

Post by Warhawks97 »

jonnyyankee wrote:Other time the m1 garand have low values :S

the accuracy is enough now. Just the rof is a bit weird. First from every 0.78 sec a shot to 1,75 to 2.6. Thats the last i would change to 0,75 to 1.5 sec to 2 sec. Then everything regarding M1 would be fine and rifle a dangerous rifle and more than competetive till 35 range and dangerous (though inferior to others) at ranges.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Warhawks97 wrote:you can simply "hold fire"

But I couldn't see the hold fire button the last time when I checked it, that's my point actually... :)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yeah...M10s don't have "hold fire" ability while in camo because in the UI there is place is the "Hit and Run" ability instead...I'll try to disable auto-target completely when in camo.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Yeah...M10s don't have "hold fire" ability while in camo because in the UI there is place is the "Hit and Run" ability instead...I'll try to disable auto-target completely when in camo.

ehm... remove the hit and run ability? oO. I mean the tank is doing hit and run automatically while in ambush. Ambush alone decreases reload speed, increases range, decreases incoming accuracy (end action?), activates top speed ability.

Also its not the hold fire ability that blocks it as it seems. The slot is free. The Hit and run ability is where the flank speed is or should be and the hit and run ability is where the tank commander arty strike should be (m10 cant use tank commander arty atm).

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Warhawks97 wrote:ehm... remove the hit and run ability? oO.
No no no, please. Let "hit and run" be as it is. I will be Tiger now: "dont even think about touching "hit and run" thing after you removed 3rd bazooka".

Krieger Blitzer

I would say to leave the 'hit and run tactics' as it is too.. but to also give Panthers the 'accurate long shot ability' on Vet lvl 2! :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

oh jeez.... keep stupid ability to justify another or what?

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Leave Hit and run alone! Seriously, leave it. I am not even gonna tell you why. Just leave it. There is no reason to change "everything".

Yes, I say that.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:oh jeez.... keep stupid ability to justify another or what?

At least the other of which I am justifying for Panthers is not stupid anyhow... :P

Terence's Mouth

Post by Terence's Mouth »

The hit and run is realy important for the american tank gameplay.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Just as I said - in camo Wolverine and Achilles will have their auto-targetting disabled. Hit and Run stays. No Accurate Long Shot for Panthers.

Krieger Blitzer

Although it would be a lot much more logic to give such an ability for Panthers, and even earlier for Tigers.. than leaving the 'hit and run tactics' for Wolverines of which is honestly a total nonsense ability btw specifically since that the Axis tanks are somehow getting easier out ranged by the Allies ones like this way... But alright; anyways! :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Just as I said - in camo Wolverine and Achilles will have their auto-targetting disabled. Hit and Run stays. No Accurate Long Shot for Panthers.

and there was no free slot for a "hold fire" ability? I wonder as i think there had been one. I am sure that will bug me the next days when i forget about it.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK...so I thought that Wolverine suffers from this too but it has normal Hold Fire when cammoed. Achilles has a bit different ability placement in UI because it also has Hulldown in RE doc. The only empty space is in upper right slot - but it is reserved for "Retreat Button" and other abilities cannot be placed there :/

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

ehm.... Right now i am confused. I am not sure but all TD´s have always hold fire ability and M10 always in ambuhs? havent checked it yet to be honest but i know that they all have in ambush at least.

So where is the exact problem atm? And what are we talking about when hold fire works in ambush?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

M10 Wolverine:
Middle line:
First ability = Exit when TC is inside
Second ability = Ambush
Third ability = Hold Fire (only when camoed, otherwise empty OR when upgraded with plough then on/off is in this slot and then no Hold Fire)
Fourth ability = Max Speed
Bottom Line:
First ability = HVAP shot
Second ability = Ultra-effective shot with lower range
Third ability = Hit and Run
Fourth ability = Direct Fire

M10 Achilles:
First ability = Exit when TC is inside
Second ability = Ambush
Third ability = Hit and Run
Fourth ability = Max Speed
Bottom Line:
First ability = HVAP shot
Second ability = HE Shot
Third ability = Hulldown (RE only with other docs empty)
Fourth ability = Direct Fire

So the problem is that in the slot where Wolverine has Hold Fire, Achilles has Hit and Run and therefore you cannot activate Hold Fire when Achilles is camoed...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

So that 60 ammo, 80 range, tank stunning "hit and run ability" is the reason that Achilles has no hold fire and M10 wolverine no TC arty strike?

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

M1 garand need good values to kill bikes at mid range or close range need more accuracy please fix this Wolf ... :S

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:Although it would be a lot much more logic to give such an ability for Panthers, and even earlier for Tigers.. than leaving the 'hit and run tactics' for Wolverines of which is honestly a total nonsense ability btw specifically since that the Axis tanks are somehow getting easier out ranged by the Allies ones like this way... But alright; anyways! :)

Well "hit and Run" was the offical tactic of the US Army to kill AXis heavies. Also known as "Scoot 'n' shoot". So this ability makes perfect sense.

Accurate Long shot for Panther AND Tiger is actually nonsense. Axis tanks would have a slight range advantage, but there's no possibility to simply say "Oh wow I'll concentrate totally on this shot, then I can suddenly shoot twice as far!"
So ACTUALLY Long shot ability is BS ;)

So much for realism :D

MarKr wrote:No Accurate Long Shot for Panthers.

Thanks. Panther G with sniper sight AND accurate long shot? Instant GG.

jonnyyankee wrote:M1 garand need good values to kill bikes at mid range or close range need more accuracy please fix this Wolf ... :S

M1 wsa buffed in last patch. Even before they could take out a bike when in good cover.

Krieger Blitzer

The so called 'hit and run tactics' is already there as Hawks described. Once u order ur tank to move out of the ambush mode.. u will then have a free flank speed activated for a while! So this ability is an arcade one that stuns Tigers and KTs on such a very high range without any veterancy levels to be needed even somehow... But at the same time neither any of those Axis tanks are able to shoot it back surprisingly!!
Although that anyways my point here primarily was not to remove this kind of an ability from Wolverines, as it should stay in my opinion btw.. also because M10s had good range in reality... However that Tigers and Panthers should be then able to reply back on it at least, cuz these had an even better both accuracy and range in reality as well.

SO; 'the accurate long shot ability' for Tigers on Vet lvl 1 and for Panthers too on Vet lvl 2 instead of the 'rapid shooting' is actually nothing but a similiar thing as if they would have a slightly boosted gun range by default already without any veterancy levels to be required on the other hand. It's the same ;)
That's why u can't say that it's a nonsense ability as it describes the reality one way or another :)
But whatever.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:The so called 'hit and run tactics' is already there as Hawks described. Once u order ur tank to move out of the ambush mode.. u will then have a free flank speed activated for a while! So this ability is an arcade one that stuns Tigers and KTs on such a very high range without any veterancy levels to be needed even somehow... But at the same time neither any of those Axis tanks are able to shoot it back surprisingly!!
Although that anyways my point here primarily was not to remove this kind of an ability from Wolverines, as it should stay in my opinion btw.. also because M10s had good range in reality... However that Tigers and Panthers should be then able to reply back on it at least, cuz these had an even better both accuracy and range in reality as well.

Ah sorry understood you wrong there ;)

Tiger1996 wrote:But whatever.

Yep, Markr said no, I just wanted to give my two cents :D

But I love what you did to Churchills. I now also started playing tanks :D

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger wrote:also because M10s had good range in reality

What? It has a 76,2 mm L/52 which was similiar to shermans and hellcats M1A1 and M1A2 76,2 mm L/55. So what reality are you talking about? Oo

ATM the ambush gives already hit and run.

The ambush ability of allied TDs give some boosts which can be considered as Hit and run tactic:

In Ambush:
+5 range (not for jackson)
+15 sight

When first shot had been made and tank still standing and the "eye" above the tank is still there:
-0.75 reload time (so it makes two shots very quickly: 4.2x0.75=3.15 second realod)
-0.75 or 0.25 received accuracy (i think the 0.75 applies which means -25% received accuracy)
(Range boost still applies maybe)

When tank starts moving after ambush shot:
1.5 speed boost (not for jackson)

So the normal ambush gives already a nice boost and being "hit and run".

The "Hit and run" ability for 60 ammo actually only slows down enemie tank speed by 90% and has 80 range (KT has 70 range). Thats atm all i could find.
So its just as odd as the "bren lmg pins tanks".

I would also agree and prefer instead giving more long shot vet abilities for more axis tanks to add +5 Range for tanks with Panther 75mm L/70 gun and Tiger 88mm L/56 gun and + 10 range for tanks with KT gun 88 mm L/71.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 01 Sep 2015, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

I think the point you don't consider when talking about Longshot ability is simply, that Axis often only needs one or two shots to kill an Allied tank.

So easy example:
One Firefly with Hold Ground vs Panther. Panther attacks, Firefly shoots first, with APCR could oneshot Panther. Panther without PzGr 40 needs two shots for firefly, also shots nearly never bounce. If Firefly has no APCR, Panther has a very good chance to kill it.

If you attack with two tanks, you can be sure that you kill it.

If you have longshot ability you just kill it with two panthers by using the longshot.

Sweet.

SO Allied tanks have more range atm, but therfore nearly very single one of them is killed with two shots. Ever considered that Allies got a range advantage because they need way more shots to kill axis heavies? Once an Axis heavy is in range it's to 90% a sure kill.
So atm Allies have more range to balance out their weak armor.

Krieger Blitzer

NO, Fireflys could kill Panthers with one shot; Tigers with only 2 shots... Jacksons are same.. and those tanks would be usually covered with AT guns and emplacements then not to mention the arty support too! Both Jumbos and Churchills are too tough while being earlier available as well as it's by far ridiculously way harder to hit a Comet currently for some reasons.
So I seriously disagree if u would tell me that the Axis tanks are actually stronger as they are sadly NOT really -_-

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:NO, Fireflys could kill Panthers with one shot; Tigers with only 2 shots... Jacksons are same.. and those tanks would be usually covered with AT guns and emplacements then not to mention the arty support too! Both Jumbos and Churchills are too tough while being earlier available as well as it's very hard to hit a Comet currently for some reasons.
So I seriously disagree if u would tell me that the Axis tanks are actually stronger as they are sadly NOT really -_-

Well if you keep in mind effectiveness of Schrecks vs effectiveness of zookas...
then Axis are way stronger^^
Or better said, the only way to kill a Panther/tiger during an attack is basically with tanks.
When advancing with axis, he high effective schreck could do it also for you.