Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0 Patch TEST

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Butterkeks

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Butterkeks »

Oh man Hawks I don't even know where to start quoting :D :D

Warhawks97 wrote:I tired to explain you such things soooo many times. Still you are a typicall "kill counter", "stats watcher", "point checker" to find out "who is better". Thats greatly dumb. If i want to find out who and what is better i gotta check how he uses units. I look reaction times, unit positioning, use of recons and countering recons etc etc.

+1

Warhawks97 wrote:I mean you tell and show us your heroic final stands with tanks with dozens of kills. But still you lose. Then you point on others with low kill score but who win. So who is better? apparently those who finally won or? I mean as i said..... killing 1000 men with single HMG over time doesnt matter when you cant cause disorder on your enemie. Killing one unit and cause huge disorder can sometimes be more important to win a game.

+1

Warhawks97 wrote:So pls again, "learn" the game. Dont look only for kill stats etc. Look who wins at the end

+100

I love you, Hawks.

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

Dont hate the stats, hate your tactics :)
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well.. me, Hawks, Design, Shadow, Red, Wurf, Kasbah, and also many more... All already voted for yes!!

So why should it be considered back now as a "No" once again? It can't happen.

@Hawks;
Hmm ya.. let's look for the result and who won it at the end, Belisar dropped for some reasons so the game even wasn't ended... And they struggled one hour against an Allies team where such a noob RE doc player was participating in it!

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Just ignore this, guys. Talk about patch. If he wants to talk about the replay, then in replay thread.

Krieger Blitzer

U r the one who firstly came up with the replay link :) While claiming that u lost only 1 Panther, but u lost 3 out of 4!

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

@Keks

Haha, nobody plays AB, in BK history I know only 2 guys who were playing AB frequently with high results, me and 1impulse. Now I stopped because it's just too stresfull, u must have at least 5 inf squads for facing axis infantry, u have to be really careful, avoid blobbing, as soon when at least two squads are together they are blown by artygain 8 cp,s to make them effective, and the only real defense against heavy tanks is ambushed hellcat, if it fails to kill a Cat, than you are deadman.

Worst case is facing terror: AB units can't even stop grens spam ( cause they have MP 44 for free and longer flame grenade range ) add here nebels, VT, walking Stuka and finally panther G, which u can't really atack, only sneaky kill from ambush.

I prefer raf more now, at least it have good stuff against German tanks ( gammon bombs, all sort of 17p, typhoon rocket run ). As well as claster bombs are 100 times more effective than strafe run.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Has anybody checked how much easier is 107 to kill now?

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

And you stated that you killed a KT which he never built...

But back to topic.

And? You all voted for yes, I want everyone of them to play a game as inf soc and still saying that the third zooka isn't needed. But I guess that'll never happen. Did you even ever play inf doc Tiger?
Or did you just want to erase a possible thread to you precious tiger tank?

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:@Keks

Haha, nobody plays AB, in BK history I know only 2 guys who were playing AB frequently with high results, me and 1impulse. Now I stopped because it's just too stresfull, u must have at least 5 inf squads for facing axis infantry, u have to be really careful, avoid blobbing, as soon when at least two squads are together they are blown by artygain 8 cp,s to make them effective, and the only real defense against heavy tanks is ambushed hellcat, if it fails to kill a Cat, than you are deadman.

Worst case is facing terror: AB units can't even stop grens spam ( cause they have MP 44 for free and longer flame grenade range ) add here nebels, VT, walking Stuka and finally panther G, which u can't really atack, only sneaky kill from ambush.

I prefer raf more now, at least it have good stuff against German tanks ( gammon bombs, all sort of 17p, typhoon rocket run ). As well as claster bombs are 100 times more effective than strafe run.

Yeah, I rarely see people play AB doc^^
I'd say your post sums it up perfectly. Allied elite inf is worse in everything than axis standard grens. Wow...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I played as terror vs kwok as AB recently. Without cp unlock AB inf dies as quickly as rifles, and Sukin is right, 2 RL are not a threat to puma.

Anonter

Post by Anonter »

I for one think all soldiers should have same hp then it would just be down to weapons and training, then we wouldn't have invincible Germans coz they would die if hit just as easy as the rest. But hey I'm not sure how all the stats work together!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Butterkeks wrote:And you stated that you killed a KT which he never built...

But back to topic.

And? You all voted for yes, I want everyone of them to play a game as inf soc and still saying that the third zooka isn't needed. But I guess that'll never happen. Did you even ever play inf doc Tiger?

afaik he did in 1 vs 1, He should try in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4^^

Design, wurf, shadow, .... nobody plays inf doc. Just wanna mention that.

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:@Keks

+1

I played airborne myself and its freaking hard. When i used only two AB units then i had to get HE shermans to be able to fight normal grens or even volksgrens. Using AB inf is very hard job. Its costly and you need lots of them to be effective+ vet upgrade+ weapons. To get them is the hardest part as you simply cant do anything for a while untill you got the entire AB inf army. But even when i got a vet squad (vet 4 i think) i lost it in a blink of an eye against a storm squad. At the end i gave up using AB inf. I just dropped res and picked the MG´s and got Hellcats as defense. In offense i only supported with calli jeep and 75 mm howitzer.

JimQwilleran wrote:I played as terror vs kwok as AB recently. Without cp unlock AB inf dies as quickly as rifles, and Sukin is right, 2 RL are not a threat to puma.

in a 3 vs 3 on 4 vs 4 map i played SE doc. Ive been alone on my side vs Kwoks AB and Shadows RAF. I could hold line for more than one our before mate came with walking stuka and KT. I used as SE no arty. 2-3 gren squads, always a 20 mm vehicle, sniper, 50 mm pak and Hetzer, mortar Ht and such things. But with minimum effort (assault grens, 20 mm and sniper and mortar HT i could defend every attack from shadows RAF and kwoks AB. And they used smoke and other stuff, also airplanes.

So its pretty easy to kill masses of allis as long as you manage to stay on distance. My Pgrens with K98 and G43 killed so many AB´s and commandos from range...

Anonter wrote:I for one think all soldiers should have same hp then it would just be down to weapons and training, then we wouldn't have invincible Germans coz they would die if hit just as easy as the rest. But hey I'm not sure how all the stats work together!

well..... Idk. Pios die as fast as elite inf OO... sure you want it? Funnily 82nd has more HP as commandso which have HP like grens which have more as rangers:D
Some upgrades can buff the health as well afaik.

Also there are inf armor types. Afaik infantry, inf_elite, Inf_soldier, Inf_AB and heroic stuff. Most weapons are pretty equal now against Tp_inf and Inf_soldier (some exceptions maybe) and against Elite type also mostly. Against Tp_AB most weapons have -25% accuracy when the squad moves. Heroic is given only at max vet against which many weapons suffer damage and accuracy penalites iirc.

What makes axis looking superhumans is rather that allis doesnt hit targets or didnt. The M1 couldnt hit shit beyond allied nade range. Cal 50 sucks against targets beyond 35 range (schrecks have 45 range) so you are just not able to fight axis at the critical range: Distant range which is from 35-60 range. Axis at this range shredding very well but it should be said that Brits enfields can shred like K98 at distance, just brits inf is more rare (unless its RAF) as the axis inf. So axis during assault could shred enemies at a distance where those couldnt harm them effectively. On the other hand axis AA tanks, rifles and stuff did stop allied attacks before they could get into any effective range.

So i wouldnt say axis are superhumans due to HP. Just US has limited options to deal critical damage against targets from 35-60 range.

The next thing is that axis bullets are often stronger. So axis do not only have accuracy and also rof advantages in general, they also deal more damage per bullet for a reason idk yet. I mean 30.06 springfield and Mauser 8 mm bullets are very equal. The 30.06 is even a bit "bigger" and has more power, flying 100 meters more per second having arround 500 Joule more as axis 7,92x57. But it seems that old devs had a "voice" in their hads which tells him always "its an axis unit/weapon", so lets give them a farther slight HP/damage/pen advantage.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 24 Aug 2015, 17:05, edited 4 times in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Still the best inf unit for the whole game is Heavy SS stormtroop with 2x mg42 and sniper. When I play SE i get over 150 inf kills with it per game.

Krieger Blitzer

Butterkeks wrote:Did you even ever play inf doc Tiger?

Alright.. let me remember u guys with some precious facts too...

It was Hawks himself who suggested this as well here:-
Not me!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=653

And it was Jim himself also who asked for polls there:-
Again; not me!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=625

The poll was made as per his wish too:-
And NOT as per mine!!!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=655

But the poll finally comes with a result of which is not with their taste... And then, sadly as u could all see it now :)

This is ur democracy gents? If yes; then simply FK IT!!!

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

I know there is no side armor in coh, that was the funny thing, that you add sideskirts on side which cant be even hit and it improves frontal armor, while weak side doesn't count at all.
One solution would be to alter the chances of hitting front/rear while hitting the side, but if this is hardcoded then its lost of course.

Not sure if infiltration ranger squad has upgraded zooks, but in one game, axis were already losing and called a Elephant (they were actually calling in big tanks over and over since it was 4v4) and i was standing like literally 5 mins behind it with 2 of my vetted inf ranger squad (the one from ranger truck) and they kept shooting zooks right into the arse of Elephant and couldn't do a thing.
Question is, is there a chance of "hitting front" while hitting rear? Or they have somehow hit the side and it counted as front? Or zook are so pathetic that they can't pen rear of the Elephant?
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Anonter

Post by Anonter »

^ I honestly don't see the issue here, we thought it would be a good idea to have the 3rd zook removed but after play testing everyone can tell that it was a bad decision.

Yafa

Post by Yafa »

Tiger1996 wrote:
Butterkeks wrote:Did you even ever play inf doc Tiger?

Alright.. let me remember u guys with some precious facts too...

It was Hawks himself who suggested this as well here:-
Not me!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=653

And it was Jim himself also who asked for polls there:-
Again; not me!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=625

The poll was made as per his wish too:-
And NOT as per mine!!!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=655

But the poll finally comes with a result of which is not with their taste... And then, sadly as u could all see it now :)

This is ur democracy gents? If yes; then simply FK IT!!!

+1

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

We do not discuss who wanted the changes. We just say that we dont like that Bazooka was removed and it has bigger impact than it would have seemed. If markr reads this topic, I would like to ask him to think about something to rebalance Inf doc AT capabilities (that has always been the poorest of all US docs)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Devilfish wrote:I know there is no side armor in coh, that was the funny thing, that you add sideskirts on side which cant be even hit and it improves frontal armor, while weak side doesn't count at all.
One solution would be to alter the chances of hitting front/rear while hitting the side, but if this is hardcoded then its lost of course.

Not sure if infiltration ranger squad has upgraded zooks, but in one game, axis were already losing and called a Elephant (they were actually calling in big tanks over and over since it was 4v4) and i was standing like literally 5 mins behind it with 2 of my vetted inf ranger squad (the one from ranger truck) and they kept shooting zooks right into the arse of Elephant and couldn't do a thing.
Question is, is there a chance of "hitting front" while hitting rear? Or they have somehow hit the side and it counted as front? Or zook are so pathetic that they can't pen rear of the Elephant?

you must stay directly behind them, if not it can happen that you make a "front hit".

@Tiger:

As i said, it would have never come to a poll that would have requested cheaper AT squad+ M6A3C for all inf doc zooks+ keeping the third zook. So it was a trade and as for me having M6A3C in all docs and not only in specific AT squads was preferable over having only single squads with more and better zooks. So it was trade knowing that having all 3 things would have never been accepted. I havent played with new inf doc yet so i still need to test how i will deal with armor as inf doc in future. But i am playing inf doc also a lot more as support doc (meds, reccons, TD´s, mortars, arty) with rather "soft" attacks on weaker defended areas. But i also told you many times that i personally dont consider three zooks in a squad as balance breaking.

Alman

Post by Alman »

where can i find/download 4.9 ??????????

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I found a hold position exploit. If I hold position and hit retreat, I can break suppression and my unit stays where it is.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Can u make "hold position" button work like it did earlier? Seriously, now retreating is so much micro. Please remove that 1 sec deleay and let inf retreat when hold is on. Playing with any inf is kinda ruined now...

Just, teleporting bug is not worth it. I have seen it 1 time in my life, and now I have to pay for it.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:Can u make "hold position" button work like it did earlier? Seriously, now retreating is so much micro. Please remove that 1 sec deleay and let inf retreat when hold is on. Playing with any inf is kinda ruined now...

Just, teleporting bug is not worth it. I have seen it 1 time in my life, and now I have to pay for it.

i also had trouble today:D First they didnt stop, when they stopped i couldnt retreat, thus losing like 4 inf squads or more.

Idk what to do ive never or only once seen a teleport user doing it just once. Coz of some idiots everybody need to pay the cost. If i would know where they live......:D

Btw. Love you so much wolf for sniper in luft doc. Krad, vampire+sniper :) I enjoy it. The SD2 are a lot more fair though i felt like spamming them sometimes :P

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Warhawks97 wrote:i also had trouble today:D First they didnt stop, when they stopped i couldnt retreat, thus losing like 4 inf squads or more.
It's just extremely annoying. Devs, please make hold position work like it always did.