Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0 Patch TEST

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Warhawks97

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Warhawks97 »

The Boys AT got changed very often. Once they had high rof like a normal rifle and accuracy but lower damage. It was quite strong there. Then rof dropped for higher damage.

I think the weapon has normal accuracy and rof values of rifles in game, just its only one.

Generally such AT weapons had been used in numbers and not just single weapons.

So what about adding a fourth men to them which has another Boys AT rifle? The damage could be slightly lower since it deals damage like a 37 mm AT gun.

So you would have a four men squad with two Boys AT. And simply the increased rof (basically doubled) as result would make the squad effective. The damage of a single hit would be lower a bit so that it is different from 37 mm paks.

what you think?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Warhawks97 wrote:The Boys AT got changed very often. Once they had high rof like a normal rifle and accuracy but lower damage. It was quite strong there. Then rof dropped for higher damage.

I think the weapon has normal accuracy and rof values of rifles in game, just its only one.

Generally such AT weapons had been used in numbers and not just single weapons.

So what about adding a fourth men to them which has another Boys AT rifle? The damage could be slightly lower since it deals damage like a 37 mm AT gun.

So you would have a four men squad with two Boys AT. And simply the increased rof (basically doubled) as result would make the squad effective. The damage of a single hit would be lower a bit so that it is different from 37 mm paks.

what you think?

I could totally fap to this.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Wolf probably forgot to add it here but both normal and Commandos BOYS will now receive an accuracy buff of about +15% when in static mode.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:Wolf probably forgot to add it here but both normal and Commandos BOYS will now receive an accuracy buff of about +15% when in static mode.
Nice, now Brits maybe won't be so ridiculously easy to kill in early game.

Have you thought about increasing damage done by PIATS? They are very inaccurate and deal 2x less damage than other hh AT. While IRL any tank penetrated by either PIAT, bazooka or Shreck would be immediately destroyed or heavily damaged. Not like here, 5 penetrating shots, still half of HP remaining... (but I get it, balancing is more important).

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

MarKr wrote:Wolf probably forgot to add it here but both normal and Commandos BOYS will now receive an accuracy buff of about +15% when in static mode.

Well, I think it could also fap to this. It will take a bit longer and won't be so satisfying like when I would fap to Warhawks suggestion, but yeah, I'll still fap to it :)

Thanks for listening to the community, keep up the good work guys :) Thumbs up

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

JimQwilleran wrote:Have you thought about increasing damage done by PIATS? They are very inaccurate and deal 2x less damage than other hh AT. While IRL any tank penetrated by either PIAT, bazooka or Shreck would be immediately destroyed or heavily damaged. Not like here, 5 penetrating shots, still half of HP remaining... (but I get it, balancing is more important).
PIATs don't need clear line of sight on the target which means they can fire over obstacles which means that in certain situations you don't need to expose your squad to enemy fire at all. I think this is the reason why PIATs suffer from lower accuracy and damage. So it is an advantage weight out with a disadvantage and therefore changes for PIATs are not planned at the moment. I know that sometimes it is not possible to use this advantage but that does not mean we should not take it into consideration.
Butterkeks wrote:Well, I think it could also fap to this. It will take a bit longer and won't be so satisfying like when I would fap to Warhawks suggestion, but yeah, I'll still fap to it :)
:shock: Eww...after reading this I take the changes back. :lol:

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

MarKr wrote::shock: Eww...after reading this I take the changes back. :lol:

Omg Markr, stop saying stuff like that! Long Dong Silver doesn't like to hear that... Now he's all floppy and sad :(

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

so what now? 4 men with 2 AT rifles? :D Think that would be awesome :D

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Well, I'm also ok with this accuracy buff.

Let's see how it will work out, if they are still crap we can suggest more changes for the next patch.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Anyone who is willing to help with translations, send me your Google account email into PM, we have translations on google docs and I have to give you access.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Anyone who is willing to help with translations, send me your Google account email into PM, we have translations on google docs and I have to give you access.

i could maybe help. But my german isnt "the best". But how much would it be?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Well you can change stuff which you know for sure, if you want to. There are often bad numbers (50% instead of 25% etc) or totally wrong descriptions, so its kind of up to you, where you think its needed. We have only very few completely new lines. Send me your info and you can look for yourself.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

By the way.. the CW AT rifle Boys have the tread breaker ability too and it's effective even against Tigers, as well as all the HQ early small AT guns also if not mistaken!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:By the way.. the CW AT rifle Boys have the tread breaker ability too and it's effective even against Tigers, as well as all the HQ early small AT guns also if not mistaken!

It once was effective against all armor. It had 100% chance to destroy any units engine even when it failed. But that got fixed by old devs already very long time ago. Not sure but most of the time it does nothing and cant be activated vs tanks. At least i havent seen it immobilizing anyhting anymore since it got fixed in 4.5 already.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Where 107 mortar nerf?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Warhawks97 wrote:It once was effective against all armor. It had 100% chance to destroy any units engine even when it failed. But that got fixed by old devs already very long time ago. Not sure but most of the time it does nothing and cant be activated vs tanks. At least i havent seen it immobilizing anyhting anymore since it got fixed in 4.5 already.

It's still a tread breaker ability at the end anyways.
And ya.. I just used it today... as I successfully immobilized a Tiger tank with it somehow :P

Tor wrote:Where 107 mortar nerf?

This is obviously not the full list yet! I think tomorrow we shall see all the remaining things through the official patch release list :)

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

ITS THE 23RD NOW!! YOU THINK THIS IS KINDERPARTY? GET A GOD DAMN MOVE ON!!
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

haha, lol. You must have waited the whole day to say that at the midnight :D.

Aaahuh

Post by Aaahuh »

Eyes and ears ladies, eyes and ears, a topic "Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.0.0 Pa" may appear anytime. :mrgreen:

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Wolf wrote:Well you can change stuff which you know for sure, if you want to. There are often bad numbers (50% instead of 25% etc) or totally wrong descriptions, so its kind of up to you, where you think its needed. We have only very few completely new lines. Send me your info and you can look for yourself.

Hey wolf, kwok is highly proficient in english. I am too, but when it comes to the internet i get lazy. Ill get ahold of him and tell himm to pm you

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hey wolf, kwok is highly proficient in english. I am too, but when it comes to the internet i get lazy. Ill get ahold of him and tell himm to pm you
I think that we got English quite covered. Though if you know about some typos in the texts you may of course corect them. The more pressing issue in this mater is that when we add some new texts or change the existing ones, we can only change it in ENG and CZ versions but the other languages are not within our capabilities - specifically German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, French, Chinesse (Traditional).

6thAirborneDivision

Post by 6thAirborneDivision »

A little question regarding CW's 6-pounder: why can it not be built in the Infantry Truck and only in the Glider via Lieutenant?? Isn't that a weird balancing somehow?
It is not the case that Boys AT are reliable (maybe that changes after the patch) so CW is in need to field 6-pounder frequently but it can be quite difficult ...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Nope, it is intended, CW has to use AT boys, Piats or any of the vehicles early.

6thAirborneDivision

Post by 6thAirborneDivision »

Wolf wrote:Nope, it is intended, CW has to use AT boys, Piats or any of the vehicles early.
It can be ridiculous to handle Piats on open maps, it would have been cool to decide between Piats and 6-pounder in the infantry truck as every other faction is also able to decide between Infantry AT or pak-AT ...
I see many CW players who basically rush to the 6-pounder because it simply is the best AT on open maps in early-midgame. It is foolish to rely just on Piats and the lazy Boys AT on open maps.

But it has been said a thousand times that CW early AT-balancing is kinda weird ...

jaggardos

Post by jaggardos »

I agree about the CW early game issues, several people say its always tricky. Even with infantry. So the other factions can build a barracks in the time it takes the CW to make a lieutenant, so the CW now have a unit that can capture points well straight on the field already (Even though its just one guy who will die very quickly if attacked). BUT then the only other good unit really is the rifleman squad which is a little expensive meaning on low resources you can only have one out, whereas other factions will be able to have at least two basic squads out, meaning it'll be easier to capture points and hold the front line.

Of course, I know people do really well with CW, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? :) Is it that Sappers are actually recommended to use at the beginning?
"Those fucking Germans, I'm going to get my revolver, and stick it up their arse and shoot until it comes out their eye" - Winston Churchill