High school drama

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
Butterkeks

Re: Ignoring Tiger1996

Post by Butterkeks »

Such Mathematics xDDD

Markr even posted in in this thread^^

MarKr wrote:
crimax wrote:Trying to see the fun side of the problem .....
In many other forums there is the problem of not active members, few topics, etc...

It seems we have the opposite issue here .... :)
Not really...we have 385 registered members and how many of them are really active? 10 or 12? Out of which about 2 are very active :D

See?^^
4 out of 12 are a third ;)
Yeah and then there are the people that are not really pissed off but also not happy^^

ShadowIchigo wrote:You know what... fuck it i give up. Butter, tiger, heres weapons of mass destruction *throws nukes and whatnot in the pit of doom* you guys can duke it out while i smoke this here fat ass dutchie.

After he asked you to be more reasonable ;)

So yeah, since MessUupGood is banned you are the most hated person here :D
ongrats :D

Maybe you are MessUu and just changed your name :D

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Oh ya, and that's why u posted this? Just to show how u hate me??!! Great! Very objective...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Because you are the main reason for people leaving this forum.
And for people not participating anymore because they don't want to deal with you.
Because you are the biggest enemy for BK mod.

That's why I posted it ;)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

OMG Jim you idiot xDDD

I nearly laughed out loud in the office xDDD

This is just the best meme collection ever :D :D

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Last edited by JimQwilleran on 11 Aug 2015, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Cyberzombie

Post by Cyberzombie »

hahaha illa xDDD
You made my day!
Sadly it is exactly like those memes^^

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Omg the last one just killed me xD

I hope my boss didn't hear it xDDD

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

If the upvote button from the old forum would still be here I would just rape the shit out of it now xDD

Wolf
Administrator

Re: High school drama

Post by Wolf »

Atleast keep this drama in one topic, its kinda annoying to read it everywhere. Moved + Renamed.

But preferably use PMs or whatever instead.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

You really behave like a person who doesn't give a fuck Wolf. Do you even care?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Probably because I have better things to do, like what exactly is new in this / other topics?

Let tiger express his balance feels or whatever, don't argue with him if you don't like his suggestions, nobody says that stuff he / anyone else will be ingame or whatever if there are no replys. Make your arguments clear and dont reply further. What I always wonder is why you don't play him more often, or something, I guess its better to fight for your opinions rather than this... nonsense. I argued with warhawks, got sick of it, argued with tiger, got sick of it, I don't argue, I feel much better.

Nobody has more/less credit, nobody is "higher" with us etc.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wolf wrote:Make your arguments clear and dont reply further. What I always wonder is why you don't play him more often, or something, I guess its better to fight for your opinions rather than this... nonsense.
Haha, because he always run away. He doesn't want to play any game with good players.

Wolf wrote:Let tiger express his balance feels or whatever, don't argue with him if you don't like his suggestions, nobody says that stuff he / anyone else will be ingame or whatever if there are no replys. Make your arguments clear and dont reply further.
We all tried to do that. It doesnt work.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Love that new name xD

JimQwilleran wrote: Wolf wrote:
Let tiger express his balance feels or whatever, don't argue with him if you don't like his suggestions, nobody says that stuff he / anyone else will be ingame or whatever if there are no replys. Make your arguments clear and dont reply further.

We all tried to do that. It doesnt work.

Yepp can confirm that^^

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com
You know what I did for a class once? Point out fallacies. I think anyone who posts in forums should learn argumentation and effective methods of debate.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Actually kwok, to be honest, I read Schopenhauer's "Eristic". If only this forum was not the place where I can see all those flaws...

Eristic is a way of discussing that aims for the win at any costs and making your opponent rage... Insulting, criticism for criticism, etc. etc. As you can see, it flourishes here.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

But is winning the objective here or is making progress? Eristic is named based on Greek mythology to destroy rather than create. Eristic argument is literally counter intuitive to progress if making changes and improving the bkmod is the objective. Eristic is winning at the cost of truth. Is eristic REALLY what you want? Yes it can work, but is it the best way to get what you want? Does it reach your objective faster than a more logical and conventional approach?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

And just because people lose their temper on here doesn't mean eristic methods flourish here. It means that it is the most frequent method of argument. And look now, we have posts that have nothing to do with the game. Instead we destroy out community one by one, driving players away and keeping new players out. With eristic you win a jewel but lose your eyes to behold it and your hands to keep it.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I didn't mean that I use eristic. Schoppenhauer writes there how to defend from it, not to attack with it. I hate this kind of discussing. Just read any of my posts that are not vs Tiger. You just got me wrong. It's him who uses it not me. I wrote about it to say that I know that logical errors because they are often used against other people.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ok I misunderstood. I never read shoppenhauer. I just know eristic as a conceptual term. If you know how to defend it then, why not do that and avoid it rather than fuel it? Does Schopenhauer say use fire against fire as an effective mean of putting out a fire?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Honestly, I believe the best way to deflect an ad hominem attack is to note it as an ad hom and ignore it afterwards entirely. Just erase it.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

In most situations, eristic aims for making opponent rage thus making him less stable and easier to defeat. Most of the time, yes, you can defend by using the same eristic technique. For example:

My wife: Our children are dumb and behave like total rednecks, why didn't you raise them better.
Me: (Instead of saying that we had no money for college, no job, drugs and alcohol addiction) It's you who raised them like this, I wanted Virginia to be a doctor, and you ruined our dreams!
Wife: (raging because she knows that I had been doing nothing through passed 10 years but playing Bk = not working)

kwok wrote:Honestly, I believe the best way to deflect an ad hominem attack is to note it as an ad hom and ignore it afterwards entirely. Just erase it.

Problem is that it doesn't work with Tiger. He refuses to admit that he insults anyone. On the other hand everyone else knows that he insults, but even when everybody says he is rude, he still persists. That is why it doesnt work. Tiger refuses to acknowledge, or even notice, the mind of the crowd. That is why we tell him he is arrogant. People who belittle others are never liked.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

If what you say is true, then let tiger ruin his own credibility. Don't drag yours down with his. If what you say isn't true, then it is you with the error. Why is it important to you that tiger knows his own problems? He isn't making the decisions. If it's something that you care for his personality to change, then that should be a pm rather than a public message anyways.
This goes for tiger too, if people slander you, don't ruin your own voice by shouting back at pidgeons. Just say the points you need to say and leave it at that.

This isn't my forum, I don't get to decide what people are allowed to say. But, I think I know what people want to say and want to accomplish, the messages on this forum do not help any of your agendas.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The simplest way to make a valid point is see if you can say what you want to say without naming names. It doesn't automatically make your point valid, and sometimes naming a name is necessary, but doing this will greatly cut down the amount of logical fallacies you are in danger of making.

Edit: pronouns included as "naming names"