Sabotage sqaud building mine

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Consti255

Sabotage sqaud building mine

Post by Consti255 »

The building remove mine, doesnt oneshot many buildings on the present maps. Mostly even do just a third of it healthpool.
Idk if it is intended and if so, it should be either be cheaper (75ammo right now) or it should oneshot buildings.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Sabotage sqaud building mine

Post by MarKr »

What does "building remove mine" mean? :?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
03 Apr 2022, 11:30
What does "building remove mine" mean? :?
I think its called something "implosion". Its like using a booby trap in a house, but its actually an explosive device that you activate manually when an enemie goes inside this house. This charge is supposed to destroy the units inside and perhaps the entire building. At least it does huge damage to most buildings.

It costs 75 ammo.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, I remember now. I don't actually remember seeing anyone ever use it. Given that you can just use normal booby trap for less ammo to damage/kill infantry or a satchel to damage the building itself, I don't know what the general idea behind the ability is.

I guess we could make it cheaper or make it do more damage to the building itself but I think there are still ways to achieve the same thing for lower cost so the usefulness of this ability is questionable.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Wouldnt say so, on certain maps, some buildings are usefull to destroy. Like road of cherbourg the big mansion on the right, or buildings way behind you lines where people poop out Gebirgs ,CQC sqaud and other building call ins. Just to deny that factor, 75ammo seems pretty valid imo.

I would like to request it just oneshotting the building. MAaybe make it even cheaper. Its a special ability of the sabotage sqaud and it can be usefull.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Any building should be destroyed right away, period. You can either deny its usage entirely or wait for a nice unit to enter the building and make it collapse then.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
03 Apr 2022, 17:06
Any building should be destroyed right away, period. You can either deny its usage entirely or wait for a nice unit to enter the building and make it collapse then.
agreed
Nerf Mencius

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I thought the ability was there to make sure the building didn't get destroyed. And only killed what was inside it. oh well dont care.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I looked into it and the problem is a bit complicated. Neutral buildings usually don't use the "standard damage" system where you take out target's HP low enough and it triggers the "target dead" status. Buildings use something called "panel health system" where they consist of "panels". These panels (a.k.a. "parts of the model") can get destroyed/blow off by damage one by one but not all of them in a single explosion. Therefore, even when neutral garissonable buildings usually have 500HP, even if I set the satchel damage to 1000, the building will still take only 50% damage per explosion and you'll see one big hole in the house (usually in the roof or some wall).

That being said, what would you suggest to do with the ability? Make it cheaper? Remove it? Change somewhow its function?

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

Does this impact the infantry as well?
Saying like it does 1000damage to that part, does just the part with the infantry get damaged, or does the whole infantry get damaged independetly in which part they are? This would be especially important for AT sqauds and MG sqauds, with lower member count.
Nerf Mencius

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The bomb deals damage separately to building and infantry inside. It should still kill soldiers.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

It's a very strong ability compared to booby traps. I would say 40 muni would be sufficient and keep it as is. But this is not my horse so I dont really mind either way.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

keep in mind that the sqaud costs 300MP and aswell 4CP to unlock. It also takes ages to arm that ability.
I would say keep it than, (but it should oneshot atleast parts of the building), while making it cost 30-40ammo.
Nerf Mencius

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

It targets the walls? Interesting. Maybe increasing it's blast radius could allow the bomb to reach the far walls, too.
Not that it's a terribly important ability, though.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Diablo wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 17:48
It targets the walls? Interesting. Maybe increasing it's blast radius could allow the bomb to reach the far walls, too.
Not that it's a terribly important ability, though.
I'm not exactly sure how the "panel HP system" works. The explosion already has AoE of "10" so that should be big enough to hit several walls/panels of a almost any building but the building's HP always goes down to 50%. So maybe the building takes damage but the amount of damage that it can take in one hit is somewhat limited and after the damage is dealt, it chooses a "panel" to destroy? I really don't know.

Kwok had a similar idea already. I'll try it just to make sure but I think it will not work.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

How about just making this ability make several explosions if you want to make it 1 shot a building?

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

That might look great, like a real building demolition with different charges going off in sequence.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I think it already does. the ability looks like there are 15 frags getting blown up at the same time.