Unit Reinforcment cost

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Unit Reinforcment cost

Post by Warhawks97 »

I had that topic already in old forum and wont explain everything again. Also i wrote it in the other suggestion list topic.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51

http://blitzkrieg-mod.de/board/topic/48 ... ment-cost/

I just write down a list with changes and short explanation why i am suggesting that.

Stormtooper or Shock Troops:
Currently:
Build cost 450 call in, 400 in Stormtooper HT. Reinforcment: 37

Suggesting:
Build cost: 450 Reinforcment: 41 (55% of build cost).

This unit is extremly flexibel and early available. The abilities allow sneaky attacks but also powerfull attacks and able to blow up entire enemie inf squads and any known allied defense. They have a varetiy of weapons that allow long range warfare with lmg34, mid and short range with stg 44 and also anti tank Warfare with panzerschreck and thus a strong support for friendly tanks. Usefull for ambushes, defense and offense. Vet 1 tectree unlock and able to deal with any allied infantry. Comparable with commandos if not slightly superior on each vet step. Stormtooper armies are rather small (3 units in average with command squad) and thus MP incmome keep high usually. Command squad on vet 1 allows also suppression removal and increased damage output and better resistant but also passive bonuses. Probably one of the most versatile inf squads in game which can create huge damage even when occuring in small numbers. They can be seen as basic BK doc infantry. They also belong to elite inf right when they occure. The doc also provides nice Tank support and combined being a deadly force in any situation.

Luftwaffe infantry. Regiment 5 and Gebirgsjäger:

Currently:
Build: 600 reinforcment: 39

Suggesting:
Build cost: 500 Reinforcment: 50 (60% factor)

The unit is very versatile just like Stormtooper just reinforced by parachutes everywhere. And thus using 60% factor. Reduced build cost to allow better combination with other units right away. The units can hide and has also deadly weapons at the beginning and being able to deal with all enemie inf and also armor. The army is rather small consisting of very often just 3 luft units that hold back entire enemie armies and thus upkeep is very low. The doc also provides good defensive support and also good Tank support+ air support. Usefull for offense, defense and ambushes but less powerfull against defenses as stormtoopers which means not they cant deal with it or overrunning those.

Airborne 101st

Currently:
Build: 450 Reinforcment: 32 or 34.

suggesting:
Build: 400 Reinforcment: 36 (55%)

The unit is more or less the replacment for rifle squads in AB doc and more or less rather a basic inf squad unless they occure in numbers, gain veterancy and purchasing weapons. Also in late game this doc has no heavy tank support and need masses to balance out the fight against axis armor and inf. Also as they are occure in greater numbers the upkeep also goes up unless supply yard is upgraded. Also reinforcable everywhere
If they would get reworked and able to ambush and able to use normal grenades as well as incendiary then cost could be readjusted again maybe.

82nd AB Ranger:

Currently:
Build: 550 Reinforcment: 44

Suggesting: 500 or 450 Reinforcment: 50 or 45 (60%).

It would be an elite unit within AB doc. Currently i would say 450/45 but if they would get reworked and having incendiary and normal Grenades available as well as able to ambush then i would suggest 500/50 and counterpart to axis elite inf just a bit weaker and only for close range. They would cost as much as axis Luft inf simply because axis luft doc would more or less relay on their few elite squads while AB doc would mainly relay on 101st and the 82nd as support for "special missions" such as killing and flanking mgs with spring ability which removes suppression. Furtermore US has supply yard and also the 101st HQ can be used better as support as they german Hauptsturmführer. Like other air units everywhere reinforceable.

Sten and Enfield Commandos:

Currently:
Build: 500 Reinforcment: 32

Suggesting:
Build: 400 Reinforcment: 37 (55% factor)

The commandos are weak at the time they occure and can be beaten by volksgrens on distance and even short range when those have mp40. They have no real chance to break suppression and have no weapon upgrades. In late game they need special piat support squads or achilles to fight with enemie armor which requires larger a greater army (unlike stormtooper which have panzerschrecks) and thus mor upkeep. Thats why they will be slightly cheaper than Stormtoopers. First in late game with weapon upgrades they become comparable to other elite inf squads with ambush and also booby traps.

SAS:
Currently:
Build: 700 Reinforcment: 40

Suggesting:
Buld 650 Reinforcment: 56 (60%).

The squad is not direct counterpart to axis luft inf and rather a late game elite among elites. Having internal sniper, close range weapons, LMG´s and AT weapons. Also vet steps in late game and combat training. The main force will be commandos and SAS a special unit for the late game.

Ranger Infiltration Squad

Currently:
Build: 400 Reinforcment: 45

Suggesting:
Build: 400 Reinforcment: 45 (67,5%)

The squad is a bit weaker than stormtoopers but have weapons by default. Special abilities unlocked after vet upgrade (still are vet 0) and good for ambushes, close combat and offense but rather bad for defense missions. The reason why i am using 67% factor here is that inf doc has not only Rangers but also very good ways to collect wounded and very cheap Rifle Squads in late game which can be used as support and which bk doc hasnt as additional inf. Also US have supply yard later in the game. Also this squad can plant booby traps and having other abilites against masses of inf, to stun inf and to destroy bunkers.

Kch could go down maybe to 600 currently but idk what is planned. We had very good suggestions so lets wait what will happen to them.

Grenadiers:

Currently:
Build: 430 Reinforcment 37

Suggesting:
Build: 400 Reinforcment: 33-34 (50%)

New cost should underline their role as a regular unit and make a difference between axis elite inf.

Rifle Squad

Currently:
Build: 240 Reinforcment: 24

Suggesting:
Build: 240 Reinforcment: 20

For some reason the US rifles had been the only that cost 60% in reinforcment and no 50 like the others. That way the argument "They are cheap" was not correct and was used as justification for its worse performence. Also in early game they have highest upkeep and thus simply the regular inf squad with worst cost performence ratio. With those changes they will really be the cheapest.

Brits Rifle Section:

Currently:
Build: 435 Reinforcment: 28

Suggesting:
Build: 415 Reinforcment: 35 (50%)

They are better than grens and probably best regular inf squad but lack short range weapons and AT weapons. In late game they are often the only real combat unit available for CW. RE sappers are good in close range but die rather fast and are mainly used for repairs etc.

There are further squads to mention but i am tired now. I think ive got the most important squads.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

BffWithDEATH

Re: Unit Reinforcment cost

Post by BffWithDEATH »

I agree with these, however I have never seen an SAS squad in game with a sniper?
Embrace Your Dreams

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BffWithDEATH wrote:I agree with these, however I have never seen an SAS squad in game with a sniper?

hmmm. I am not sure, its a long time ago i used the SAS. But they are 7 men strong and afaik they have one such as the PE ss squad. I might be wrong here.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

PE SS squad has a sniper, but they loose him when obtain all of them weapons upgrades.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tony_Frost wrote:PE SS squad has a sniper, but they loose him when obtain all of them weapons upgrades.

ah, OK. Ive never gave them all weapons to avoid weapon drop^^. I often used them with lmg and schreck staying rather on distant or heavy assault squad for the attack. But sometimes i use stg and schreck.