Infantry Units Auto-Camo in Houses

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Infantry Units Auto-Camo in Houses

Post by Walderschmidt »

At least make it so theres a button to camo.

It's frustrating that I can't target a house because there are units inside because I know they're there, but the game won't let me grenade it or have a tank attack it from afar.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Re: Infantry Units Auto-Camo in Houses

Post by Warhawks97 »

yeah, and the instant"go hidden". Like you see a unit going into a house, you order your squad to throw a nade already but the enemie unit enters the house, goes hidden and your unit with the grenade in the hand bugs out and doesnt throw just to get murdered a second later.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

I suggest let only units that are capable to camouflage to become hidden in the buildings. So rangers, storms, AT squads etc.
Also I would suggest that units can become hidden only if they are not visible by an enemy. Tanks, AT guns and AT squads turning invisible like a magicians in from of the direct sight doesn't make sense imo.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Devilfish wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 15:32
I suggest let only units that are capable to camouflage to become hidden in the buildings. So rangers, storms, AT squads etc.
Also I would suggest that units can become hidden only if they are not visible by an enemy. Tanks, AT guns and AT squads turning invisible like a magicians in from of the direct sight doesn't make sense imo.
Agreed 100% and the text I bolded is the worst.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

If the devs focus on getting the flare drop working on officers or spotters (assuming they implement it), that should help with this issue. Ideally it'd have unlimited range but only be called outside of the fog of war, which would prevent abuse for the most part but allow you to use the ability even if your officer isnt in the area. I brought up range because, as seen in the cases both of you have described, this issue affects pretty much any engagement where a unit enters a building, making it hard to plan for and deal with accordingly by moving the officer to the area and then calling in the flare drop. If this latter sequence of events is intended, then disregard my point about range. I would assume it isn't, as if that was the intent then you wouldn't even need the flare since you're being forced to move another unit to the area anyways and might as well just bring a vehicle or HE tank to just wipw whatevers in the building as soon as your inf closes the distance.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i think the issue is a bit different here. Many times an enemie inf that is fighting your unit sprints into a house and your units are actually at handgrenade range. You order them to throw a nade prematurely but the enemie squad goes invisible right away and your dudes are like: "Wait, why am i holding the grenade?" They wait untill the enemie squads starts shooting and your units dies just bc your soldiers have gotten dementia.

This happens so quick and often and everywhere that there is just no time to go to your officer and request flares. At that time your unit is already about to die. Its a matter of seconds during which a squad enters a house, becomes invisible for a second and opens fire.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Walderschmidt wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 16:10
At least make it so theres a button to camo.

It's frustrating that I can't target a house because there are units inside because I know they're there, but the game won't let me grenade it or have a tank attack it from afar.

Wald
I'm bumping this topic.

Make building camo like MG camo - not automatic, but somethng you have to activate. That will eliminate units going auto-camo in front enemy units and gaining first strike bonus/being untargetable initially.

The biggest problem people have with camo I think is when a unit goes camo underfire, when it is seen by others.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Walderschmidt wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 18:25
The biggest problem people have with camo I think is when a unit goes camo underfire, when it is seen by others.
I think there might be a fix for this. Or at least the "going camo underfire".

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 19:57
Walderschmidt wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 18:25
I think there might be a fix for this. Or at least the "going camo underfire".
Is this related to the post you made in my other thread about an alternate binocular ability?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

No, I think we can make it so that the auto-camo does not activate if the unit is actively engaged in combat or if it has been in last X seconds.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
23 Nov 2020, 21:28
No, I think we can make it so that the auto-camo does not activate if the unit is actively engaged in combat or if it has been in last X seconds.
That would be amazing. Could you do this for tank camo too?

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yeah, but I don't know if it will work in general. I know you can make abilities unuseable in combat but I don't know what the game engine counts as "being in combat". Is a unit that shoots at another one "in combat"? Is a unit being shot at "in combat" or does it require to actually get hit? Or is it a combination of the two? What about indirect damage (getting hit by offmap arty)? If a camoed unit gets hit by a shot that missed its original target, does it count as "being in combat" and cancel the camo? So it would need testing.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Can you give me some specific units that still have the "re-camo in mid-fight"? I think that tanks and vehicles were changed along with the camouflage changes during the beta so that their re-camo times should be around 10 seconds which should be enough time for the vehicle to shoot another round and so reset the timer. At the same time it is hard for me to test infantry against AI because the soldiers just keep shooting, breaking their camo in the process.

Thus I would need to know which units do this so that I know what to focus on. Please, report units that you know for 100% that they can re-camo in the middle of a fight in the current live version.