[BETA] Nerf Sabotage

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

What nerfs should be applied to the sabotage ability?

Increase sabotage time to 8 seconds
47%
Increase the MU cost to 50
13%
Decrease repair time to 10 seconds
13%
Increase CP cost (Please specify which CP unlock should have a decrease in CP)
No votes
Allow pioneers/engineers/panzergrenadiers/sappers to repair the point in 2 seconds
27%

Total votes: 15

MenciusMoldbug

[BETA] Nerf Sabotage

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Talking specifically about the luftwaffe sabotage (because it comes really early in the game):

Why does this ability instantly destroy the point for only 15 munitions? It is pretty broken if you just rush for it and destroy the medium/high fuel points on the allied side. Because they have no chance of taking it back if the squad repairing gets even slightly damaged (or mortared) because of how long it takes to repair the points. I personally think this is the most game-breaking ability in the beta right now and the only reason it doesn't seem like that is because no one is extensively using it in their games.

The sabotage for luftwaffe should at least take some time to prepare instead of destroying the point instantly like SE sabotage is. But I still think it would need to be nerfed even more because I don't know how you come back into the game if your entire team has no fuel-lead on axis because your critical fuel point got destroyed. But at least nerfing the time it takes to sabotage a point should help in trying to stop it.

Warhawks97

Re: [BETA] Nerf Sabotage

Post by Warhawks97 »

The time it takes to destroy: 2 sec or rather instantly.
Time to repair: Several minutes. If repairs are disrupted, the repair starts from new.
Cost: Less than a Grenade although its impact is bigger than anything else.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

:shock: Shit i gotta start using this ability :lol:

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

troll hability that destroy games, nerf it and at the same time buff repair points speed

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Here are the suggestions I heard:

- Increase sabotage time. By how much?
- Increase CP cost. By how much? What CP should be reduced?
- Increase MU cost. By how much?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I think
- decrease repair time
- keep repair progress when engineer unit gets attacked
would be two more options.

Mantis

Post by Mantis »

Ban luft doc. Still OP.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 01:22
Here are the suggestions I heard:

- Increase sabotage time. By how much?
- Increase CP cost. By how much? What CP should be reduced?
- Increase MU cost. By how much?

Depends on how quickly you can rep it. The rep progress shouldnt be reseted once interrupted. 5-10 seconds sabotage time i would say. So first you secure the area for a while before sabotaging it instead of just going there, destroy it and that even sometimes under gunfire.
4 CP´s total to be able to sabotage something should be the minimum.
50 mun at least given what kind of damage you cause by that, esspecially when you cut entire sectors.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Currently destroying a point takes about 1 second and repairing it takes 100 seconds.
Because of how the ability works in the engine it is not possible to keep the repair progress. So when the repairing is interrupted you will always need to start again.
Just saying so that people can take this into consideration when suggesting solutions.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 15:52
Currently destroying a point takes about 1 second and repairing it takes 100 seconds.
Because of how the ability works in the engine it is not possible to keep the repair progress. So when the repairing is interrupted you will always need to start again.
Just saying so that people can take this into consideration when suggesting solutions.
Can you reduce repair time?

Can you have different repair times for engineers/advanced engineers?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

just allow Pioneers, SturmPios, Sappers, Engineers to repair the points instantly.. and no other changes needed.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Walderschmidt wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 17:05
Can you reduce repair time?

Can you have different repair times for engineers/advanced engineers?
Yes and yes. Currently, I think, even normal infantry can repair desteoyed points.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I turned this thread into a poll. Please vote.

Since nobody gave any concrete specific numbers I took complete guesses. If you have a problem with those.... well you should've said something earlier. Anyways, if you have other ideas please write them down here. If you agree with a suggested value, please reply and say that on the thread.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Voted the 4th option, but just to clarify something.. all "engineer" units would be able to repair in 2 seconds, so... SturmPios and RE sappers as well.
in addition to AB Engineers.. etc! You don't need to edit the Poll, but i just had to clarify that.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I dont see the point of it if you fix the point in 2 seconds. I mean sure, you gotta first of all notice a resource point is gone and then get some actual repair unit there. Maybe you get a delay of a minute the first time. Then the sabotaged player will know whats up and be prepared..

I'd prefer it to be a concious choice to attempt a sabotage. So a fairly high muni cost (50 seems fine) in addition to a longer time frame while preparing (maybe 15-20s) in which your valuable squad is defenseless. I'm even thinking the should be in the building/planting animation, so not able to fire and taking extra damage. Maybe a notification of the destroyed point towards the receiving player would be possible? And then a repair time of 20-30s.

What do you people think?