[Alpha] AB patrol

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

[Alpha] AB patrol

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I have a question, does AB doc FHQ strafing run patrol also get AP rounds by default on the Alpha version?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: [Alpha] AB patrol

Post by MarKr »

Yes, it does.
I am pretty sure this answer will lead to this:
Krieger Blitzer wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 12:10
i would make the AB strafe with AP rounds by default.. but the FHQ strafe patrol would remain without AP rounds.
you didn't say why it shouldn't have it. What is the reason?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well, first.. it's a patrol; and i kinda expected all patrols to be removed from the game.
2ndly, it does have quite a large area; only costing 150 ammo and sends several planes targeting any units near the FHQ.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is a patrol but:
- you cannot use it anywhere you want, only around the AB HQ.
- when you know where it is, you can easily avoid the strike-area which is in the radius of 60 which is the standard attack range for most weapons in the game so if you move away just so your weapons cannot hit the HQ, you're safe.
- it sends no more than 3 planes (1 every 15 seconds) that randomly choose a target within the strike range; if it chooses a tank, it does nothing even with the AP bullets
- the planes do not "aim" but rather shoot at the place where the target was the plane entered the map so you can even stay in the AoE and just move out of the "straffing line"
- once the first plane shows up, you have 15 seconds to move your other stuff out of way
- AA has been made more effective and the player cannot choose which direction the planes come from so 1 AA unit nearby already gives you a chance to negate some of the ability's power

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

MarKr wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 17:22
It is a patrol but:
- you cannot use it anywhere you want, only around the AB HQ.
- when you know where it is, you can easily avoid the strike-area which is in the radius of 60 which is the standard attack range for most weapons in the game so if you move away just so your weapons cannot hit the HQ, you're safe.
- it sends no more than 3 planes (1 every 15 seconds) that randomly choose a target within the strike range; if it chooses a tank, it does nothing even with the AP bullets
- the planes do not "aim" but rather shoot at the place where the target was the plane entered the map so you can even stay in the AoE and just move out of the "straffing line"
- once the first plane shows up, you have 15 seconds to move your other stuff out of way
- AA has been made more effective and the player cannot choose which direction the planes come from so 1 AA unit nearby already gives you a chance to negate some of the ability's power
+1 agree