Armor Doctrine Forward Repair Facility

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Armor Doctrine Forward Repair Facility

Post by Warhawks97 »

In Discord we had some ideas and thoughts about all the Tank micro stuff with armor doctrine. Personally i used to send damaged tanks back to base for repairs by the upgrade at the tank depot. But when maps get bigger thats going to be a time consuming technique. I also used the global repair ability for repairing many units at once but thats gone now.

So me and others (who actually wanted to create this topic but have not yet done this :roll: :mrgreen: ) had that idea of making a forward buildable engineers Headquarter or simply repair shops where tanks can get repaired and engineers recruited.

So you can repair tanks there while using the engineers to repair tanks that cant make it anywhere anymore.

The greatest strenght of armor doc is its ammount of tanks. But for achieving their combat readiness it requires an intense micro managment that is almost as large as those you need during your attack. So having repair shops available helps a lot. You aint have anything from many tanks if you cant keep them combat ready and being busy with constant repairs.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Redgaarden

Re: Armor Doctrine Forward Repair Facility

Post by Redgaarden »

Or we could just add repair engineers in motor pool like in the tank depot.

Edit: I just found out you can build multiple Tank depots, to get more repair engineers. But only the latest build Tank depot can get the upgrade.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Just give armor doctrine repair bunkers like Wehrmacht has.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Walderschmidt wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 19:02

Wald

Allies dont have bunkers and wouldnt fit optically. Call it repair shop that looks like barracks or the wsc. Or perhaps even like a motorpool or Tank depot.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 19:07
Walderschmidt wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 19:02

Wald

Allies dont have bunkers and wouldnt fit optically. Call it repair shop that looks like barracks or the wsc. Or perhaps even like a motorpool or Tank depot.
An alternately skinned WSC would work.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL