New Idea for Triage Center

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Walderschmidt

New Idea for Triage Center

Post by Walderschmidt »

I've talked to MarKr and he says that Americans and Germans will get a HQ triage upgrade that heals the whole base sector to reduce micro load for people when it comes to healing their own troops. I believe the triage centers themselves will get a small healing range increase as well. Still, MarKr expressed concern that people will no longer use the triage center or just make it so they can create medics.

So I thought of a new idea to make them more useful while talking to him.

1) Captureable
2) Units can't fight from inside it (and grenades are really effective)
3) Lowered requirements for 'zombie' squads slightly
4) To capture you guarrison it with a squad, press a capture button. The capture goes automatically and fast (about 5-10 seconds) and then boots the squad out as soon as its complete
5) Units don't auto-target the triage center

How does this work? You build the triage center in an owned territory for 180 mp. You guarrison it with a squad and press the "set-up/capture" button. After about 5-10 seconds, it activates and unguarrisons your squad. It heals any unit in its radius and generates zombie squads. Only, the number of bodies required will be slightly reduced from 18 to 12 bodies. Or perhaps 10 for Americans and Wehrmacht and 16-18 for Panzer Elite/Commonwealth.

As the game progresses, and you fight over and through the area in which a triage center resides, no enemy unit will auto-target it. So unless you bomb the area, it won't get destroyed that way. If an enemy wishes to capture it, they can guarrison a squad inside and press the "capture" button which will convert it in 5-10 seconds. Meanwhile, the squad inside can't shoot from the hospital. And there will be a modifier to make grenades a little more effective if they're thrown inside, so there's an extreme incentive to only capture when the area is clear. That also makes it less likely someone will destroy it because they can clear it with one or two grenades and do minimal damage to the building itself. There's no need to shoot the building because the enemy squad has no option to shoot out of it

So in effect, it will be like a stationary crew-served weapon that one can recapture and has built-in incentives to not destroy it and not capture it in the presence of enemies.

What do you guys think?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Re: New Idea for Triage Center

Post by kwok »

Don't think capturable triage will work with zombie squads being a thing. But maybe I'm wrong.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sounds complicate. Perhaps too complicate.

So the garrison unit cant shoot out?

I like the part of not getting shot and instead captured.

Medics should be buildable in the infantry recruitment centers anyway if you ask me.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I think the garrison feature is not needed. It should be possible to make it capturable same way as resource points or forward hq.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 12:23
I think the garrison feature is not needed. It should be possible to make it capturable same way as resource points or forward hq.
Do you think it’d be possible to carry over the zombie ability with each new capture?
Warhawks97 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:33
Sounds complicate. Perhaps too complicate.

So the garrison unit cant shoot out?

I like the part of not getting shot and instead captured.
Medics should be buildable in the infantry recruitment centers anyway if you ask me.
I perhaps made it more complicated than it had to be due to my lack of knowledge of whether the building could be made capture-able like FHQ or resource point. I was thinking about how bunkers are neutral until a unit garrisons them for how this might work.

As for the units not shooting out, the idea was to ensure that almost all fighting took place outside the triage center, to reduce the chance it would get destroyed by accident. If a grenade could wipe a squad inside out easily, hardly anyone would try to capture it without clearing the area first.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

if the cap takes as long as capping an HQ you can be sure you will clear up the surroundings. I think that garrison thing makes things a bit too complicate and player will skip that part.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 16:20
if the cap takes as long as capping an HQ you can be sure you will clear up the surroundings. I think that garrison thing makes things a bit too complicate and player will skip that part.
I agree it might be too complicated. And MarKr seems to think it's not even necessary.

Again, I only thought about it as a way to make this idea function, given my limited knowledge of corsix and modding company of heroes in general.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Bump.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

I don't quite get what the benefit of all this would be.
Am i overlooking something?

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Make the triage center a little bit more useful on the front by making it more dynamic (useful + unlucky for enemy to destroy it).

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Bump.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY