Make British Assault Squads Great: POLL

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Raise it's squad member number to

4 (stay the same)
15%
31%
54%

Total votes: 13

Walderschmidt

Make British Assault Squads Great: POLL

Post by Walderschmidt »

I rarely play British but when I do I pretty much never get the British assault squad. It's got only 4 men so two sniper shots, almost any grenade, a machine gun burts, HE, almost anything is enough to kill one to two guys and make this squad too risky to keep in the battle. I don't see them anymore when I play against Brits and think they're a good unit that is just unfortunately hampered by its squad number.

I vote we increase its numbers to 5.

What do you guys think?

Wald
Last edited by Walderschmidt on 23 Jun 2020, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Re: Make British Assault Squads Great: POLL

Post by kwok »

Do you mind updating it with the option for 4 men. We learned in the past that status quo should always be an option
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

kwok wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 17:52
Do you mind updating it with the option for 4 men. We learned in the past that status quo should always be an option
Done, please revote.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

i actually wanted to make Luftwaffe Fallis the same, only 4 men who spawn with FG42s right away, and PanzerShreck would be moved to Gebrigs.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 23:20
i actually wanted to make Luftwaffe Fallis the same, only 4 men who spawn with FG42s right away, and PanzerShreck would be moved to Gebrigs.
I’d be against that. A single HE shot could easily wipe said squad out and snipers would only need two shots to convince a player to retreat. Sniper spam would wreck those squads.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I think they still wouldn't be that attractive even with a 5 men squad. RAF can wait for commandos, RE has combat engies and now RA has its own special inf too. I tried to use them but, as you said, they were so easily forced to retreat that it turned out to be just a mp waste.

Tommies are already good enough, and if you know you're against a PE player you can just have an mg start or group engies and tommies to counter sturmpios rush. Even a dingo would do the job better, being more useful for later stages of the game.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

They were originally intended so you didn't have to wait. This is more important on really urban maps to make sure brits survive the late game. Otherwise if you play a map like st. lo or something a brit player will essentially get shoved off to base by just mp40s.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I really realyl really don't think a 6 man squad is a good idea... that's basically giving brits stormtroopers at tier 1 without any cp unlocks....

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

kwok wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 23:28
I really realyl really don't think a 6 man squad is a good idea... that's basically giving brits stormtroopers at tier 1 without any cp unlocks....
Maybe decrease their defensive stats to something similar to assault pios? I'd be fine with 6 man squads even if their overall durability was the same as it is currently, just spread over 6 men instead of 4. The extra models help with snipers, unlucky explosions, and increase the squads DPS, making it more worthwhile even if the individual models died faster than they do currently. Then again, I've already made a post about standardizing a lot of this stuff, as timing of availability is only one of multiple factors that make factions and doctrines unique, so it wouldn't be a huge loss to have some more core units be standardized in terms of timing/CP reqs.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3630&p=33429#p33429

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

kwok wrote:
kinda like combat engies right?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

mofetagalactica wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 00:38
kwok wrote:
kinda like combat engies right?
yeah actually jsut like combat engies... which is why we put them behind motorpool.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

They should get the smoke grenades Ranger's get so they can play a delaying-action style tactic when they're fighting vs overwhelming amounts of bolt rifles.

Usually when I get this squad there's no 'open position' to advance on the enemy with them. Because if I did advance, I'd lose 1-2 squad members and if I retreat them when they already so close to the enemies weapons they're all gonna get squad wiped.

They don't have the option to just stay at range and poke at the enemy with their stens because of how hard kar98k's hit now. So I rather they get some smoke grenades they can use to just sit behind heavy/green cover or sandbags and 'delay' the enemy (and sten down guys who are foolish enough to approach them). Smoke grenades would also help against snipers just making them useless after they lose 2 guys to headshots.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 01:51
They should get the smoke grenades Ranger's get so they can play a delaying-action style tactic when they're fighting vs overwhelming amounts of bolt rifles.

Usually when I get this squad there's no 'open position' to advance on the enemy with them. Because if I did advance, I'd lose 1-2 squad members and if I retreat them when they already so close to the enemies weapons they're all gonna get squad wiped.

They don't have the option to just stay at range and poke at the enemy with their stens because of how hard kar98k's hit now. So I rather they get some smoke grenades they can use to just sit behind heavy/green cover or sandbags and 'delay' the enemy (and sten down guys who are foolish enough to approach them). Smoke grenades would also help against snipers just making them useless after they lose 2 guys to headshots.
I would vote this in addition to being upgraded to 5 guys.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY