Tank Suggestion: Hold Fire/Don’t Target Inf

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Tank Suggestion: Hold Fire/Don’t Target Inf

Post by Walderschmidt »

I would like either a hold fire button/don’t target inf button for big tanks or maybe something in their coding so they don’t attack infantry unless you manually click on them. Or at least just their tank gun.

Or make infantry automatically a low priority if there’s a tank nearby.

It gets really frustrating when I’m trying to micro a rank to kill an opponent’s big tank and then he decides ro shoot a volks/rifle squad.

Tanks that really need this:

Pershing
Super Pershibg
Jackson
Jagdpanzer
(Big Jagdpanzer in def doc)
Jagdpanther
Panther
Tiger
Tiger II
M10
Chaffee
75mm Puma
50mm Puma
Stugs
Marder III
Jagdtiger
Nashorn

I honestly don’t want my tanks attacking inf with rheir main gun unless I click on the HE shell ability.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

CGarr

Re: Tank Suggestion: Hold Fire/Don’t Target Inf

Post by CGarr »

Having a hold fire button would help a lot with dives to target specific units (arty, wounded tanks, etc). I often find good flanks wasted by my tanks firing off a shot at some low priority target when doing these dives, and with how awful the unit pathing in this game can be sometimes, I think anything that makes flanking a more attractive option would be good, especially for newer players who already struggle with micro. Trying to teach my friends how to successfully use light vehicles and unarmored tank destroyers aggressively is like pulling teeth, and I myself find it frustrating when my m18/panzer4/50mm puma decides to turn its gun to face some halftrack/medium in the opposite direction of the juicy injured heavy/arty unit I'm trying to get a killing blow on, especially after paying to activate AP shells.

Walderschmidt

Re: Tank Suggestion: Hold Fire/Don’t Target Inf

Post by Walderschmidt »

It would be cool if a tank activating AP shells would ignore infantry when the ability fires. And i’d prefer that instead of a timer it gets 2 or 3 AP shots.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL