Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
kwok
Team Member
Posts: 1659
Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 05:22

Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby kwok » 04 Aug 2019, 21:10

For the love of god, I am so sick of getting messages about the panzer III non stop but no one wants to make a dedicated discussion post on this.

You lazy bums, here's your post to talk about it. If no one says anything, then we do nothing. Private messages on steam, discord, and conversations on discord are NOT mediums for discussing balance. See how easy it is to make a post? Now talk about it amongst yourselves.

EDIT: I should be banned i broke a forum rule. edited to compliance.

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 428
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby mofetagalactica » 04 Aug 2019, 22:07

Im just gonna make it simple, for this unit to be balanced on the macro game it should need a few changes such as:

-Speed reduction of turret rotation.
-Call in PZIII shouldn't come with APHE bought.
-Own armor table vs 75mm sherman and 76mm guns in general.


Off topic*

We also need to analize the pz4 F i think the gun is bugged out and its doing less damage than intended. *and price reduction for this could be a talk*

CGarr
Posts: 38
Joined: 16 Apr 2018, 21:39

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby CGarr » 05 Aug 2019, 05:48

figree summed my thoughts on it up pretty well

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 428
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby mofetagalactica » 11 Sep 2019, 07:43

Blitzkrieg Doc Balances (more specifically Panzer III Changes)
Changes and feedback on the Pzr III can be discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3304
- now easier to penetrate from all sources by 20%
- Lowered turret rotation speed to 15 (from 35)
- HEAT/B shot cannot be used when HE mode is active (applied to PIII and all Stubby PIV versions)

What the fuck means "all sources" are we talking that they can get frontal pen 20% more than all AT guns even 37mm and 57mm ?
Can we get a more detailed stat about pen chances please? Because it sounds weird, such version of this pz3 had better armor than older pz3 versions and its a super important tank for this doctrine so take care about what you do with this unit.

I like the turret rotation speed changes it was maybe a bit too much tho (should be same rotation speed than panzer H)

Also the Panzer 4 F and panzer 3 E has weird difference in prices now, panzer E should get a price reduction maybe even same cost than the F version.

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 3514
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby Warhawks97 » 11 Sep 2019, 09:34

mofetagalactica wrote:
What the fuck means "all sources" are we talking that they can get frontal pen 20% more than all AT guns even 37mm and 57mm ?
Can we get a more detailed stat about pen chances please? Because it sounds weird, such version of this pz3 had better armor than older pz3 versions and its a super important tank for this doctrine so take care about what you do with this unit.

I like the turret rotation speed changes it was maybe a bit too much tho (should be same rotation speed than panzer H)

Also the Panzer 4 F and panzer 3 E has weird difference in prices now, panzer E should get a price reduction maybe even same cost than the F version.


All sources means all sources. You have a pen chance x and it gets increased by 20%. That means its armor is probably weaker now than that of a Tank IV E or F1 version which is crap in my opinion bc this late version tank III had better armor than early Tank IV verions like the E and F versions.
Devs somewhere said that they wanted to make the tank III to be some sort of counterpart to stuarts and chaffes which in my opinion is going to be a huge mistake. If they would use the very first tank III versions then yes, they were quite equal in armor and armament to Stuarts. But this is the N version and Its armor should be better than that of most Tank V´s and on pair with Tank IV J/H. But then again it might become OP as is most tank IV armor is.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby MarKr » 11 Sep 2019, 10:13

It means that when any weapon shoots at the PIII, its chance to penetrate the armor is (chance_to_pen_before_update)*1.2.
In praxis then, before the update:
- the US 37mm gun had 19,5% chance to penetrate PIII frontally at max range. Now it is roughly 23%
- the US 57mm gun had about 45% chance to penetrate PIII frontally at max range. Now it is roughly 54%
- the 75mm Sherman had about 37% chance to penetrate PIII frontally at max range. Now it is roughly 44%
etc.
Image

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 428
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby mofetagalactica » 11 Sep 2019, 11:05

MarKr wrote:It means that when any weapon shoots at the PIII, its chance to penetrate the armor is (chance_to_pen_before_update)*1.2.
In praxis then, before the update:
- the US 37mm gun had 19,5% chance to penetrate PIII frontally at max range. Now it is roughly 23%
- the US 57mm gun had about 45% chance to penetrate PIII frontally at max range. Now it is roughly 54%
- the 75mm Sherman had about 37% chance to penetrate PIII frontally at max range. Now it is roughly 44%
etc.


And what is the chance againts other pz3 versions?

54% seems a lot for an at weapon that mostly get used on ambush (AT ht and manned AT) so i guess the chances to pen would go higher and with AP even more.

I mean the N version was pretty much fine as a unit being able to deal with 57 and 37mm, the only problem was againts 75mm shermans/chaffes and 76mm.

PZ3 N version should be the best tank available for tier 2 (so its not comparable to a chaffe and neither to a stuart) its the only tank being capable of putting pressure on the enemy as blitz doc on that tier, the only thing op about it is that it was going beyond this by fighting 75mm (chaffe/sherman) and 76mm shermans (tier 3).

User avatar
Shanks
Posts: 675
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 22:02

Re: Panzer III (5.1.8 beta)

Postby Shanks » 11 Sep 2019, 18:50

kwok wrote:EDIT: I should be banned i broke a forum rule. edited to compliance.


Angre angre angre :lol:


Return to “Balancing & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests