Wehrmacht Defense Doctrine Guide (Defence is the best offense)

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Henny

Wehrmacht Defense Doctrine Guide (Defence is the best offense)

Post by Henny »

Greetings BK mod community,

My name is Henny and today I will be introducing the strategy that has been working for me in many of my games as the defensive doctrine of the Wehrmacht faction.

To begin, I've noticed that nobody ever picks defense doc. It's either terror or blitz and they go straight for those damn panther/tiger tanks. Every single time. That stuff got pretty old to me. However, when somebody does end up going defensive doctrine they just build bunkers, pantherturms, and AA guns and literally just wait for the allied team to blow all their shit up.

In essence, my strategy capitalizes on stealing the initiative of early-mid game from the allied team in order to seal a victory in the beginning 30 minutes , and if it goes past that, to deny strategic areas from the allied team.

The centerpiece of this strategy are 2 things:

1. The 105mm leFH german howitzer. It costs 3 CP to build ( in comparison to the infantry 4CP), is literally the earliest artillery unlock in the game. High fire rate, cheap to build, and destroys allied SNIPERS, MG nests, and other fun sim city allied fortifications. This is your early game wild card.

2. Stupa. If the game gets to mid game, the stupa with your infantry squads and 105mm howitzers will destroy anything in your path. The range on this thing is INSANE. Literally a 150mm infantry gun inside a panzer 4 chasis. Snipes pershing's from half the map away. Use in tandem with recons and win the game.

Early game
: Build 2x volks, 1x MG42, 2x AT infantry, and a mortar. These are literally all you need to capture vital points. Use these units to build up your 3 CP.

- Once you have 3 CP, get a recon, and begin your massacre. Build 2x 105's and a marder tank or the Tank destroyers when you can get enough CP. Use your howitzers to destroy enemy camping formations and barge through with your infantry formations and supporting armor and mg42's. By this point you should literally just win the game and steam roll the opposing side.

-IF the enemy puts up stiff resistance, wait for 6 CP and build your STUPA.

Midgame/ Late game squads: 2x volks with mg34, Stupa, 1x grens, mortar, 1x shreck squad, panzer IV tank destroyer, RECON.

USE YOUR RECON !! This is important. The stupa has massive range and you will need a recon to take advantage of this fact. Use your 105's to destroy any opposing enemy artillery/fortifications/snipers. Stupas to support the infantry, and your panzer IV tank destroyer to support your stupa from enemy tank rushes. Win the game.

This concludes my guide, the game is definitely more complicated and complex and anything could happen, but this is the backbone of my strategy. 105mm and Stupa. Turn defense doctrine into an offensive one. Goodluck.
Dankman is a good guy

Black Panther

Re: Wehrmacht Defense Doctrine Guide (Defence is the best offense)

Post by Black Panther »

Thanks for adding pictures to my Def doctrine guide

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

This strategy is as old as the BK mod. Its funny that i´ve been talking about this "easy strategy" for years and blaming it an issue (i mean recon and stupa sniper to steamrole everything and a TD as back up).

But Beta is gonna change it. Stupa moved to BK doc and is totally changed. No more long range easy sniping.

PS: Your second Picture is a Sturmtiger, not a Sturmpanzer. Picture is nice though, esspecially with these iconic and beautifull HE 111 Bombers in the background.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 09 Aug 2019, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Henny

Post by Henny »

Black Panther wrote:Thanks for adding pictures to my Def doctrine guide

No problem ,it was hard reading through your wall of text so I thought i’d spice it up
Dankman is a good guy

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

Henny wrote:
Black Panther wrote:Thanks for adding pictures to my Def doctrine guide

No problem ,it was hard reading through your wall of text so I thought i’d spice it up

Pretty glad that we have a community that supports each other! :)

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

That one image of a stupa isn't a stupa thats a sturmtiger lol

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

And dont forget Jagdpanzer.l7 if you're haivng trobule with armor, or the 200 munitions sure kill skill ability.

And Mobelwagen can be a fun infantry killer.

Def doc struggels a tiny bit with killing infantry due to lack of 20mm puma, you do get 20mm halftracsk that are quite good too. They cost a bit more than the puma, but it gets the job done.

Grens get a super awesome grenade too that aint that expensive to throw.

Dont waste too much muni on LMGs, you also need some for bombing.

S-mines are quite cheap and deadly. And they are available from the start now.

Dont get Elephant vs Airborne or Infantry.

I wouldn't reccomend Defence doc as a early pushing force, since they dont get any cp unlocks that help too much in early game.
The strategy Henny got about rushing 105 aint that bad since WH is lacking very early artillery work pretty good, Just be careful of not getting overun by a early sherman. So build a few extra at guns just in-case.

Early game : Build 2x volks, 1x MG42, 2x AT infantry, and a mortar. These are literally all you need to capture vital points. Use these units to build up your 3 CP.

Dont follow this one blindly, it will work vs conventional openings. But wont work at all vs Jeeps, or Snipers. So react accordingly.
An anti tank gun will help vs jeeps, and you can use HE if there are some rifles that feel a bit too daring.
You can use a motorcycle to spot enemy recons so the snipers can't get your MG42. It will be a bit costly due to losing motorcycles in the process. But it will help you get cp for the anti sniper 105.

Midgame/ Late game squads: 2x volks with mg34, Stupa, 1x grens, mortar, 1x shreck squad, panzer IV tank destroyer, RECON.

Low hp squads and teamweapons tend to disappear to enemy fire late game. You can switch the volks out for some veteran pioneers. they will be more affordable to replace than most other infantry you can get. And they help repair the important part of your army.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I L U