Transfer campaign progress from BK mod 5.1.7 to the regular unmodded campaign?

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
pangolin

Transfer campaign progress from BK mod 5.1.7 to the regular unmodded campaign?

Post by pangolin »

I've practically given up with the bugs in BK for the campaign. How can I transfer my progress over so that when I start the game unmodded it will still be at the same point? Currently, opening the regular coh shows me at the first mission for every campaign. Which file do I need to copy where?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Transfer campaign progress from BK mod 5.1.7 to the regular unmodded campaign?

Post by MarKr »

To be honest, I have no idea how the whole campaign works but my guess would be that the file made by the mod is (simply said) incompatible with the vanilla game because the mode uses files which are not available to the vanilla game.

Long story short: It is most likely impossible to port a BK campaign save to the vanilla game and if it is, then there would most likely be some missing data (units, outcomes from previous missions etc.)

kwok
Team Member

Re: Transfer campaign progress from BK mod 5.1.7 to the regular unmodded campaign?

Post by kwok »

You won’t be able to mainly because of the persistence vet stuff. There are units in BK that don’t exist in vcoh so the game will try to save that data and can’t carry it over breaking the save file all together. You can find things online to let you unlock all missions though.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

pangolin

Post by pangolin »

Oh well :) Thanks for your help!

skz

Post by skz »

I know that by entering "-unlock_all_missions" in the Laucher Option thru steam on the vCoH, it unlock all the missions :D