Unxplained lag when against British AI

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
V13dweller

Unxplained lag when against British AI

Post by V13dweller »

I have decided to raise this topic again, from the previous forum, as I am still getting this lagging when I vs the British in Skirmish, whether I am host or not, it just gets worse and worse until the game looks like a slide show, as it's jumping and skipping constantly.

This issue has been raised a few times on the steam forum and on Relicnews, but no one seems to be able to find an answer, then the thread dies, and the issue does too.

The main reason I brought this up again, is because I reinstalled the game and BK mod to my SSD yet the issue continues, I have tried many solutions to try and nail this, but none seem to work.

If any one else would like to try and see if they get it too, it would be appreciated, any help would too.

What to look for, little stutters that slowly get worse which makes the game very choppy.

EDIT: Try it in Infantry Only, as it seems the most severe here.
The reason this is an issue, as when my mates get sick of PVP, we often play Infantry Only VS AI, but we can't play VS US due to Mortar Spam, and British mortars are easily removed, vsing Wehrmacht also is impossible, due to their mortar, currently we can only vs PE without mortars or lag, when vsing the British it stutters really badly.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Unxplained lag when against British AI

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

V13dweller wrote:I have decided to raise this topic again, from the previous forum, as I am still getting this lagging when I vs the British in Skirmish, whether I am host or not, it just gets worse and worse until the game looks like a slide show, as it's jumping and skipping constantly.

This issue has been raised a few times on the steam forum and on Relicnews, but no one seems to be able to find an answer, then the thread dies, and the issue does too.

The main reason I brought this up again, is because I reinstalled the game and BK mod to my SSD yet the issue continues, I have tried many solutions to try and nail this, but none seem to work.

If any one else would like to try and see if they get it too, it would be appreciated, any help would too.

What to look for, little stutters that slowly get worse which makes the game very choppy.

EDIT: Try it in Infantry Only, as it seems the most severe here.
The reason this is an issue, as when my mates get sick of PVP, we often play Infantry Only VS AI, but we can't play VS US due to Mortar Spam, and British mortars are easily removed, vsing Wehrmacht also is impossible, due to their mortar, currently we can only vs PE without mortars or lag, when vsing the British it stutters really badly.

Mortars were limited in 1 of the previous updates, just download a new version.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I understand this, but 2 mortars is still 2 too many, as the AI always strives to get as many as they can get, it still just makes it a torturous experience.

The question of Lag vs British also exists in VCoH, and has been raised on many other forums, yet no answers on any of them.

cookbros.racing

Post by cookbros.racing »

Try AVG Performance Pro with configured Turbo Mode
BK Mod Mega Fan

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I have a high spec PC (As of 2011, when I built it, still works well in most games) so I doubt any software like this will change the performance. as I get great FPS, no stuttering in any other game, which isolates it, to being the game's fault.

cookbros.racing

Post by cookbros.racing »

Well,

you don´t have to use it. I use it since years and this program is really awesome.

A friend of me has an old E8400 Dual Core and wanted to play BF4 so we installed it and he had about 15fps it was absolutely unplayable. After i installed AVG Performance Pro we had (with higher grafic settings) between 35-42 fps (Turbo Mode enabled).

The only disadvantage of the program you can only buy a 1 year version and you have to buy every year a new 1 year license.
BK Mod Mega Fan

Blitzkriegrekrut

Post by Blitzkriegrekrut »

Hello,
I know this thread is old, but I have the same problem.
Every time I play vs british AI it lags heavy after a few minutes. A graphically problem is it definitive not, I can play vs US without any lag.
I have found out that it happens if you install another COH mod.
But this other Mod uninstall as well as Company of Heroes reinstall does not fix the problem, the only solution that I found was a complete reinstall of Windows and only install BK mod.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

This thread isvery old, and I understand why it lags now, most of which can be explained in the other lagging vs AI threads.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Anyway brits are unreliable oponents. Wolf solved a problem and now Brit call all hq trucks. However there is no guaranties they will setup / install correctly. I saw too often a truck trying to install, fail to succeed and endlessly pivoting at the same place trying to install over and over despite it was not possible.