PE Luft Panthers seem very weak for armour?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
winterflaw

PE Luft Panthers seem very weak for armour?

Post by winterflaw »

So, I normally play PE TH and run with tank destroyers - the IV/70 and sometimes even JPs.

I've been playing a few games recently as Luft, to see what Gerb and Falls are like, and I've just in fact made my first Panthers.

They seem to seriously suck?

I mean, much worse than the IV/70 and infinitely worse than the JP.

The main gun seems fine, but they were getting seriously hammered by normal (76mm) Shermans at medium range, onto their front armour.

No bounces, and each hit took off about 50% health - two Panthers, both with commanders, not much experience (level 1 for both the tsnks and commanders).

They both in fact got wiped, by only two or three Shermans.

In that situation I'd expect IV/70s to win, and usually without even damage - the shells just bounce off.

JPs would be laughing - "there were enemy tanks?? where/?!" and the JP has the same chassis.

Either IV/70 and/or JPs are wrong in some way, or the Panthers are wrong in some way. There seems no proportionate consistency between them.

Warhawks97

Re: PE Luft Panthers seem very weak for armour?

Post by Warhawks97 »

You played vs Bots?

from my experience its there not even unusual to lose a tank IV H/J against a silly stuart. Against bots stuff happens ive never seen in pvp. Its weird.

In PvP the luft panthers can be quite usefull and they are spammable.

In terms of armor the Panther is clearly better than any Jagdpanzer IV (which are however different a bit). The JP IV/70 armor is comprabale to tigers.
TD´s have the big advantage to ambush and that they are harder to hit.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Expect to have weird experiences vs bots, crazy things happens vs them somehow the IA is able to destroy any of your heavy tanks with shitty guns, thats why everyone goes with th's and fortifications vs them 'cause you can cammo them and the IA will just run for it dying in the way.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

bots also spam and have no fear, so the amount of shots fired by bots is significantly more than in pvp. they won't try to back out of a fight, theyll just keep shooting till dead. multiplied by the fact that a bot can make x3 the amount of units. so pretending you're a bot, if you have a 5% chance to kill something per shot but you shoot like 20 times, you'll probably get a winning shot. versus in pvp, no one is going to risk even taking the shot because the max shots they can take is like 3 shots.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

kwok wrote:they won't try to back out of a fight, theyll just keep shooting till dead.

Not sure I completely agree with this. I think when you hit a tank, and it's not dead but it's lost a lot, it will stop coming on and will try to back off and get away.

multiplied by the fact that a bot can make x3 the amount of units.

What, even on normal difficulty?

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

mofetagalactica wrote:Expect to have weird experiences vs bots, crazy things happens vs them somehow the IA is able to destroy any of your heavy tanks with shitty guns, thats why everyone goes with th's and fortifications vs them 'cause you can cammo them and the IA will just run for it dying in the way.

Well, with PE TH, the tank destroyers behave what seems to me to be correctly, in terms of how hard they are to kill, how effective they are, etc.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Just believe me, before i went into PvP i played against 3 exp bots at blazing lowland. I had Jagdpanthers with each over 300 tank kills. But i never even dared to go for "normal" tanks such as panther or Tiger, only KT. Only when i had abundant res i got them for the offense but by back up remained always the Jagdpanther as ultimate Bot killer.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

Warhawks97 wrote:Just believe me,

I need no convincing! :-)

Jagdpanther as ultimate Bot killer.

Amen.