Royal Engineer Sappers double AP mines

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Royal Engineer Sappers double AP mines

Post by Beast Slayer »

I noticed that this unit have access to two different anti personel mines. One cost 15 and other 20mun. Why is that? Is there a difference between them? Description of both do not mention any obvious differences in strenght or purpose. Even if there is a slight difference Is it really necessary to give one unit mines of the same type.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Royal Engineer Sappers double AP mines

Post by MarKr »

The 15 ammo mine is strictly anti-infantry so does almost no damage to anything that is armored. It can do some damage to Schwimwagens/Motorbikes and other unarmored vehicles but Halftracks and similar are almost unaffected. The second option is "multipurpose" mine which does more damage to infantry, solid damage to lightly armored targets, medium tanks take some damage and can be detracked, heavy tanks take little damage but still can be detracked. Then there are the anti-tank mines - these do not get triggered by infantry, do serious damage to medium tanks and quite solid damage even to heavy tanks, also have very good chance of detracking.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

MarKr wrote:The 15 ammo mine is strictly anti-infantry so does almost no damage to anything that is armored. It can do some damage to Schwimwagens/Motorbikes and other unarmored vehicles but Halftracks and similar are almost unaffected. The second option is "multipurpose" mine which does more damage to infantry, solid damage to lightly armored targets, medium tanks take some damage and can be detracked, heavy tanks take little damage but still can be detracked. Then there are the anti-tank mines - these do not get triggered by infantry, do serious damage to medium tanks and quite solid damage even to heavy tanks, also have very good chance of detracking.

Which means there is very little incentive to ever buy those cheap 15mun mines at all. 5 cost difference is not that much. I will rather pay 5 more to deal more damage then save 5 to do less. Anyway thanks for the explanation. Its appreciated.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

You will never do any damage to shwim with mines.... because shwim detects mines

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The PE Schwimm does, WM Schwim/Bike doesn't.