Hold Position Bug/Exploit

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Walderschmidt

Hold Position Bug/Exploit

Post by Walderschmidt »

It's a well known bug (exploit) that when some uses force retreat with the officer on units in hold position, it cancels out the effect but eats the munis. Also, you can't force retreat MGs or mortars (though honestly who gives a fuck about mortars being force retreated lol).

Can you guys fix this at all or or maybe patching an "if x, then y" where if enemy is on hold position, the officer force retreat gets refunded the munis?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Viper

Re: Hold Position Bug/Exploit

Post by Viper »

check this topic......
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2831
they talked about this issue before.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I’ve been thinking about this actually. Question, do people even want force retreat as an existing ability? I’ve only ever heard bad feelings about it.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I like it, it's handy.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

remove it.... its silly.... or perhaps leave it only for terror doc to be some sort of special ability for them.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Viper

Post by Viper »

maybe replace the ability with something like "tank shock" so the officers will suppress nearby hostile infantry. at least yellow suppression. not red.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Viper wrote:maybe replace the ability with something like "tank shock" so the officers will suppress nearby hostile infantry. at least yellow suppression. not red.

Actually, this would be amazing. It'd force them to retreat but not get blocked by hold position.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

FWIW, I've never, not once, ever, used forced retreat.

I'm normally facing more than one unit so I can't see much value in its cost for what I'd get, and it's too micro.

But maybe if I'd used it I'd have a different view of its value.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

winterflaw wrote:FWIW, I've never, not once, ever, used forced retreat.

I'm normally facing more than one unit so I can't see much value in its cost for what I'd get, and it's too micro.

But maybe if I'd used it I'd have a different view of its value.

It's helpful for taking the teeth out of an attack, say retreating the only only piat squad so your tanks can hang around. Or maybe the SAS squad about to flank rape your MG which happens to be the linch pin of your defense.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

This ability never made sense. What exactly is german officer doing to force retreat infantry units? Is he cussing on them with all the passion and fervour? Is he giving them the meanest of all looks? Somehow the soldiers who was fighting in a war was able to charge through MG fire on the beaches of normandy but they cannot handle the grumpy attitude of officer Hans. What a pitty.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Beast Slayer wrote:Somehow the soldiers who was fighting in a war was able to charge through MG fire on the beaches of normandy but they cannot handle the grumpy attitude of officer Hans. What a pitty.

did you know captain james has this ability too?

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Viper wrote:
Beast Slayer wrote:Somehow the soldiers who was fighting in a war was able to charge through MG fire on the beaches of normandy but they cannot handle the grumpy attitude of officer Hans. What a pitty.

did you know captain james has this ability too?

I will write a topic about captain James too. Dont you worry. James was always on my watch. Sneaky little bugger.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

kwok wrote:I’ve been thinking about this actually. Question, do people even want force retreat as an existing ability? I’ve only ever heard bad feelings about it.

Instead of removing this ability rework it into debuff. It can work as a reverse heroic charge nerfing enemy units. This can fix the hold position glitch.

What do you think about this?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Reworking it into an ability that debuffs opponents is one of the ideas for possible rework of Terror, another version of the rework gets rid of these abilities altogether. We'll see which one we'll go with in the end.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Reworking it into an ability that debuffs opponents is one of the ideas for possible rework of Terror, another version of the rework gets rid of these abilities altogether. We'll see which one we'll go with in the end.

This can be an idea for Terror doc.

For a Ranger captain we could have some sort of heroic charge... it fits much better here. Debuffing enemies makes only sense in terror doc for me.
viewtopic.php?f=15&p=29521#p29521
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I also think the force retreat ability is a dumb ability... we will see if its possible to change it with something more realistic in game.