Redundant AP ammunition upgrade for strafing run

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Redundant AP ammunition upgrade for strafing run

Post by Beast Slayer »

Please remove this upgrade from the WSC and apply it to the strafing run by default. If .50 cal on jeep or any other vehicle can destroy armored vehicles like scout car or halftrack right from the start then why I need to spend munitions for strafing run to do the same? This upgrade is also reseting the timer on this ability so I cannot even use it for a period of time therefore Im often discouraged to even purchase it. I do not think that there is a place for such upgrade after the .50 cal rework introduced in 5.1.6 patch. What do you think about this change? I think it makes sense.

Beast Slayer

Re: Redundant AP ammunition upgrade for strafing run

Post by Beast Slayer »

Last thing I want to add. This rework can fix the glitchy strafing run overwatch ability which can be activated in airborne HQ. Right now the AP upgrade apply only to the HQ which is buildable by airborne squads but not to the HQ which can be created in neutral buildings. When there will be no upgrade then there may be no glitch because this ability will use AP bullets by default.

Viper

Post by Viper »

i agree.
but only for the strafing run ability.

and the airborne strafing run patrol from airborne forward hq should always have normal bullets. they will not use any ap bullets. this way the glitch will be fixed too.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

I do not think that this purely defensive ability will be OP or anything when it will use AP ammo. It have very limited reach and you can avoid it easily by destroying the airborne HQ with arty, tanks or just retreat a few meters back and wait until it expires. I do not even use it most of the time because its very reactive and not proactive. Im mostly saving munitions for strafing run which can do much more damage then this defensive overwatch.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Viper wrote:i agree.

and the airborne strafing run patrol from airborne forward hq should always have normal bullets. they will not use any ap bullets. this way the glitch will be fixed too.

The AP bullet was the "normal bullet" loaded into planes, else you would do little against enemie aircraft. The standard ammo mix in planes were Tracer, AP and API (armor piercing incendiary).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Viper wrote:i agree.

The AP bullet was the "normal bullet" loaded into planes, else you would do little against enemie aircraft. The standard ammo mix in planes were Tracer, AP and API (armor piercing incendiary).

That is correct. Also PE/Luftwaffe have access to the Messerschmitt strafing run which can destroy lightly armored vehicles right from the start so why is it necessary to handicap americans with this redundant upgrade? Having AP ammunition by default makes more sense.