25p bug

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
mofetagalactica

25p bug

Post by mofetagalactica »

all 25pounder (fortified and naked) CW artillery are not working atm, please fix asap.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: 25p bug

Post by MarKr »

You mean the thing where they sometimes turn around to fire but then they don't fire or is there something else? "are not working" sounds like "they never work" though.

Viper

Post by Viper »

the problem with 25p only came after 516 release. it was working fine before. currently the 25p can not shoot at all above 25 range.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I reported this a while back ago and tried to fix it
I have a test version to fix this bug. I think it’s solved but want more tests. Didn’t have time to try to make it not work. Will you all be willing to try?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Viper wrote:the problem with 25p only came after 516 release. it was working fine before. currently the 25p can not shoot at all above 25 range.
I have the 5.1.6 version and also the one with the fix kwok speaks about. In 5.1.6 I can shoot 25 pounder at any range but sometimes it bugs and then the gun rotates and then does not fire, but that happens only sometimes and this seems to be fixed (at least it hasn't happened to me yet that the howitzer would not shoot) with the change kwok mentions. If you claim that the 25p NEVER shoots at range above 25 then it is another bug. Can you give some details on how to reproduce the bug?

Viper

Post by Viper »

kwok wrote:Will you all be willing to try?

ok. i can test if you want. you can send anything in pm.
MarKr wrote:Can you give some details on how to reproduce the bug?

i was trying to know how not to reproduce the bug :mrgreen: because it always happens with me. maybe it fired only 1 time when i was lucky. and i dont know how to reproduce that to make it fire again..........

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Hi. I get this as well. I was playing on Beamont against AI and built a British Howitzer ( 87.6mm Q.F. 25-Pounder Mk II L/28 Howitzer emplacement ). It failed to fire when selecting "Supercharge" bombardment. At first I thought it was because I built it too near a building. I destroyed it and built somewhere else and made sure it was not right next to a building. But it failed to fire gain. Cheers.

EDIT: It was something my end as now it does work. I don't think I originally had the latest update (possibly). However I did get the same seemingly intermittent bug again in a game today where arty was firing but I caught one in the firing position (barrel up) with the button in its controls on the bottom left lit yellow. I cancelled everything and then they did fire.