OMG there's a new dev team member! (Topic split)

Use only if your topic doesn't fit into one of the categories above.
The New BK Champion

OMG there's a new dev team member! (Topic split)

Post by The New BK Champion »

Wow ok
Screenshot_2018-12-12-09-45-38.png
Screenshot_2018-12-12-09-45-38.png (5.22 KiB) Viewed 20547 times

Krieger Blitzer

Re: There's nothing worse than...

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

And his message was successfully delivered.
Now, I came back here just as it's my turn to throw my message; and then quickly leave this forum again...

Picking someone like Kwok in particular apart from all the other experienced members within the community, and officially assigning him into the dev team apart from everyone else, is simply considered a hell of an insult to almost every other devoted member in this community.

Not only does it mean that this way he would have the privilege to take part into the decision making from now on, of which is by the way already contradicting with that following statement that the devs have kept repeating all the time whenever someone get to criticize them for being not experienced PvP players...
As they often respond saying;
"Devs don't need to play the game, otherwise they would be more biased to their own playstyle"
While clearly Kwok is a regular Bk Mod player who definitely has his very own preferences...
Thus, this statement is apparently no longer valid.. that's if it was EVER valid to begin with.

Moreover, what makes him so special from everyone else anyway?!

- is he the best one who knows how to use Corsix?
No, frankly Warhawks and Jalis both have better experience in that.

- is he the most popular?
Obviously not.

- Does he know how to create maps better?
No, there are also others who are more experienced in that field...
For example; Playmobill being one, but not the only.

- is he the best player?
Far from it.

- Did he provide most contributions compared to others?
I highly doubt...

- is he a lead desinger or model creator?
Nope.

- is he a coder?
Once again, there are others who are still better in that.

- Does he know how to deal with .lua scripts?
I don't think so.. but even then, there are others who can do it too.

So;
Why is he being allowed into the decision making apart from many others who seem to be more fit?
it's not like he is the only old player remaining alive...

It looks like that posting some retarded Luft doc suggestions can easily make you a dev team member nowadays...
What's next? Let me guess.. of course he would try to implement those retarded suggestions on the next patch.

What a shame.
I would never want to promote something that Kwok is taking part in. in fact, I would be even very delighted to think of starting to promote against that very same thing, as long as he is staying in the dev team.

And btw, I could have remained silent and kept asking quietly to become part of the decision making eventually as well.. but I clearly don't want to be a part. If this was really what I wanted, I wouldn't have criticized the dev team so badly in the past.. as I would have rather stayed on their side in all different situations, which I surely didn't.. and would never do.

However, simply it's just not OK to see Kwok taking part.. when there are other members I mentioned who are more fit.

Erich

Re: OMG there's a new dev team member! (Topic split)

Post by Erich »

I have to disagree. Kwok is indeed the most popular.

is kwok the only one who have students?
Yes he has a lot of students in discord.

is Kwok the best friend of shadow?
Yes they play together for a long time.

is kwok tired?
everytime when he joins in discord he always seems tired, his voice is always tired so yes.

Does he have problem with luftwaffe?
For some unknown reasons he hates luftwaffe, btw kwok what is ur problem with luftwaffe?

Viper

Post by Viper »

Tiger1996 wrote:Picking someone like Kwok in particular apart from all the other experienced members within the community, and officially assigning him into the dev team apart from everyone else, is simply considered a hell of an insult to almost every other devoted member in this community.

so back to the topic. you shortly want to say:

there is nothing worse than.....having kwok in the dev team? :D

you mention warhawks, playmobill, jalis.... but what about me? :mrgreen:

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

I think kwok posseses qualities that are far more valuable than any practical skill like programming or coding (although he also keeps improving in this field too). He is objective. He has interesting ideas and fresh way of thinking. Even though he plays regulary, I trust his judgemend, as he proved many times to look at problems from different perspectives. I see him as a valuable part of the team. I am sorry that instead of being happy that our mod developes and the mod team keeps growing rather than shring, people still find things to complain about. I am happy for you kwok and the whole team.

I think it would be very nice to see an official topic introducing the new team member to the players!

Tiger1996 wrote:
Picking someone like Kwok in particular apart from all the other experienced members within the community, and officially assigning him into the dev team apart from everyone else, is simply considered a hell of an insult to almost every other devoted member in this community.

Speak for yourself, please.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

I don't mind who gets into the dev team while they get updating and improving the game more and more, so bring me the updatessssss!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I dont think kwok is more objective than any other player or that his views on issues are based on his own prefered playstyle. (objectivness doesnt exist). What i hope for is that proposed doctrine changes will make progress. However, he exaggerated a bit with Luftwaffe rework (like entire CP unlock for a single schreck drop, gebis removal and some weird unlock lines and the creation of "Airborne doctrine 2.0".

But Terror doc, def doc, luft doc, inf doc to some degree... i hope things get started here now.

He does have a good overview over the game and problems and is (i think) less biased to any faction than any other player here.

About his Popularity?
If this is the reason for being part of the team, well i had to become a member in 2014 already. Ive been promoting wolfs community patch and made two clans and many many of my friends only playing his version over the 4.7 beta and thus literally making a boycott against 4.7 beta so that all play wolfs patch.

Teaching people?
I did that over years and with lots of players (in clans and privately).

So i dont think thats the reason why kwok became a member or i hope this isnt the reason for becoming a member.
From all i currently know i couldnt think of any other being more worth currently, let alone his charackter and his handling with people and problems. Ive never really seen him becoming (really) unfriendly to anyone.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Erich

Post by Erich »

u may teached people, or being more popular than him, u may have better ideas, may be better than him but, he is shadow's best friend.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Erich wrote:u may teached people, or being more popular than him, u may have better ideas, may be better than him but, he is shadow's best friend.

You may add he payed us 100.000$ each as well... thats why we chose him and is a very good recruit for us. :geek:
Now i can buy my dream boat.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
Erich wrote:u may teached people, or being more popular than him, u may have better ideas, may be better than him but, he is shadow's best friend.

You may add he payed us 100.000$ each as well... thats why we chose him and is a very good recruit for us. :geek:
Now i can buy my dream boat.

ok. tomorrow i pay you $2M but i become the absolute owner of this mod and get access to all keys...... deal? :D

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Tiger1996 wrote:And his message was successfully delivered.
Now, I came back here just as it's my turn to throw my message; and then quickly leave this forum again...

Speak for yourself.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I’m absolutely fine with Kwok being a dev team member (congrats, bro!) But please, don’t implement any of the changes he proposed, especially the doc ones :D

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Viper wrote:ok. tomorrow i pay you $2M but i become the absolute owner of this mod and get access to all keys...... deal? :D

2 Millions? Deal!
Attachments
EA5E047E-D328-4A75-97A7-FC4E3152A912.jpeg

Viper

Post by Viper »

i was not joking.

pm sent.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Viper wrote:i was not joking.

pm sent.

Sure! not joking as well. :lol:

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yes it's true. Shadow and I are best friends.

I'd like to post more soon about this, just waiting on a few opinions from the team before I spill my guts. Don't worry my pvp brothers, I'll spill all the juicy secrets.

Sorry I have to speak now because I know there's a bunch of gossip and toxicity spreading around.
The way I see my position on the team is like a job to me. When I'm on the forum and talking with other team members, it's work. I feel like I'm just starting a new job, so really thank you for the people who came to back me up. Hopefully I won't let you all down.
That being said, because it's a job what I think about balance issues in the mod is NOT a part of what I'll be doing for BK just as I don't bring up my opinion on politics in my real life job. When I do want to make a balance change, I'm going to post it publicly like everyone else does on this forum and call out explicitly it's my opinion (which doesn't mean it's going to be implemented, it means i want to discuss it). How did I get this job? I dunno, I didn't make that decision. I suspect it's because I'm best friends with Shadow as Erich so wisely pointed out.

So... whatever the latest gossip is, know that the orange letters on my name means I'm a public servant, not some sort of political infiltrator. I will continue to hate luft and that literally means nothing for the balance of the mod. To answer Erich's question: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2904 Read Section 'Details' 1 and 2.

As for the juicy secrets, I dont know, I'm still new to the job. PM me with a bribe or ask panzerblitz.

One more thing, why did I want to be a dev member? I can answer that.
Spoiler: show
[11:13 PM]
Kwok:
hi
so i felt like telling you this
trying not to tell many others, ill let them figure it out
but i'm a dev team member at bk now
will you return?

[11:14 PM]
Ivelios:
Well first off, congrats
As for the question, I guess its a maybe.

[11:15 PM]
Kwok:
"mom. why won't papa come home?"

[11:15 PM]
Ivelios:
lol
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Erich wrote:I have to disagree. Kwok is indeed the most popular.

is kwok the only one who have students?
Yes he has a lot of students in discord.

is Kwok the best friend of shadow?
Yes they play together for a long time.

is kwok tired?
everytime when he joins in discord he always seems tired, his voice is always tired so yes.

Does he have problem with luftwaffe?
For some unknown reasons he hates luftwaffe, btw kwok what is ur problem with luftwaffe?

Lmaoooooooo erich i fucking love u

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Lololol was about to rejoin bk done with my clinic after like 4-5 months but now this is just giving me another hearth attack not only because whoever is hated by kwok he act not really politic but also why not every other player? Just like warhawks who has alot mote knowledge on my opinion ohwell Rip bk won't set foot in it then
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Death_Kitty

Post by Death_Kitty »

Ah kwok! Happy to see that you are now part of the dev team. I see you have the people who don't want to see germans nerfed quaking in their boots!

Pay them no attention.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

Death_Kitty wrote:Ah kwok! Happy to see that you are now part of the dev team. I see you have the people who don't want to see germans nerfed quaking in their boots!

Pay them no attention.

lol so true, but then some i guess complaining of equality. and yea i forgot to say congratulations my brother (kwok)!

Nieles
Global Moderator

Post by Nieles »

Enough bullshit has been said here! Yes he is a new dev.
Accept it and move on with your live!
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.