Airborne SAS

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Shanks

Airborne SAS

Post by Shanks »

I think that this infantry is not too strong to have it in 6CP, to give an example, the basic PE infantry, the Grenadiers and the Luft especially (Fjr-Gbjr) are able to face this 1v1 unit, then I wonder. .. why 6CP for this unit ???

I propose that this infantry can be unblocked for 4 CP direct , the improvements can benefit later ... remember that Luft has Fjr or Gbjr for only 3 CP direct ... what do you think?
Attachments
RAF.png

mofetagalactica

Re: Airborne SAS

Post by mofetagalactica »

SAS are shit

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

dude, you cant compare two docs just like that.

You have access to plenty of commando units, basically an entire army with short range/long range units, AT units, snipers etc....
The SAS are kind of a bonus on top of all that.

Luftwaffe has their 4 elite units the doc is based on.

You are making things too eay by just comparing unit to unit instead of looking at the entire picture of the doctrine....

You would just create a copy and throw all other commando units over board bc who would go commandos etc when everybody can spam SAS after 4 CP.

SAS and RAF tec tree is not the problem, its more that luftwaffe doctrine design is flawed.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Warhawks97 wrote:dude, you cant compare two docs just like that.

You have access to plenty of commando units, basically an entire army with short range/long range units, AT units, snipers etc....
The SAS are kind of a bonus on top of all that.

Luftwaffe has their 4 elite units the doc is based on.

You are making things too eay by just comparing unit to unit instead of looking at the entire picture of the doctrine....

You would just create a copy and throw all other commando units over board bc who would go commandos etc when everybody can spam SAS after 4 CP.

SAS and RAF tec tree is not the problem, its more that luftwaffe doctrine design is flawed.

Thats true lufftwaffe infantry buffs design are flawed, they come with everything already everything that you unlock is good already no need to upgrade and put more ammo on your elite units meanwhile RAF infantry needs tons of CP's and waste ammo on his habilities to be actual usefull so if you go for this forget about unlocking airstrikes, wich aren't that good except for the anti inf patrol run.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

i agree. it's not even about the inf themselves, but the equipment are also very useful. it would help if rbit raf had a bit more flexible at capabilities. i mean let's face it... piats are shit. and if sas are going to remain so dam weak why dont we adjust the mp cost bc spending so much even with the mp change from last time they cost more then they can perform from what i have seen

Viper

Post by Viper »

sas should cost 4 command points instead of 6 and 550 manpower instead of 650 but no bren lmgs. only bazookas in the package.

it is very strange to have bren lmg with thompson in the same squad anyway.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

it would not make sense to lose the bren lmgs, it's the only thing that gives them firepower ... besides the luft's weapons are powerful, but what I do agree with you is that they should only cost 550 MP, and be unlocked in 4CP

Viper

Post by Viper »

550 manpower and 4 command points for 7 men with thompson + 2 bazookas and 2 bren lmg ?
this will be a bit too cheap i think.

also....some very long time ago, sten commando unit used to have bren lmg. do you remember? but the devs changed it.
now sten commandos can upgrade thompsons. and now lee enfield commando squad can get bren lmg. you know why?

because sten + lmg does not make sense. but lee enfield + lmg makes sense.
close range smg + long range lmg does not work. but long range rifles + lmg works fine.

same way with sas, thompsons + lmg does not make sense.
and anyway, if you want bren lmg you can get rifle section unit or lee enfield commando squad.....

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I agree with the weapon loadout logic.

But still, i dont think we need a "Luftwaffe 2.0"... we shouldnt just copy/paste doctrines. If this squad comes for 4 cp, barely anyone will get any commandos at all and instead only SAS spam, vet unlocks, firefly support/M10.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Warhawks97 wrote:I agree with the weapon loadout logic.

But still, i dont think we need a "Luftwaffe 2.0"... we shouldnt just copy/paste doctrines. If this squad comes for 4 cp, barely anyone will get any commandos at all and instead only SAS spam, vet unlocks, firefly support/M10.

Could you tell me, in the middle stage where the luft is already present ..... which is stronger? a riflemen or a command?..I'm talking about firepower

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Luftwaffe inf is the strongest inf at the time it arrives (esspecially gebis=. No inf unit can beat it 1 vs 1, first in the later stages other inf becomes competetive after upgrades.

But as said, we shouldnt copy this luftwaffe way and instead do it the other way arround, with doctrinal unlocks/upgrades boosting the inf over time.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

RAF doc itself useless, if not playing 1v1 and exclusively with the marine infantry, untill you upgrade your commandos with LMGs.
Commando glider 200mp AT rifle with 1 man? Piats? Meh. I'd like to see stats on them just to be sure that they are not manpower waste, because since BK is more RNG influenced, than vanilla game, lucky squad wiped are happen to be more often, forcing you to pay huge amounts of manpower as Brits.