Brumm

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
mofetagalactica

Brumm

Post by mofetagalactica »

¿Was always the brummbauer able to one shot m10's and damaging half HP bar of a jumbo? ¿Isn't this a little op?

I think we're going to change the description and also add that its good againts any vehicle lol. Or just put that is very effective againts everything.

f84169e9cd5bb1aa5711c7ede83b41af.png

Viper

Re: Brumm

Post by Viper »

150mm cannon. and m10 has weak armor and the crew are exposed.
are you saying a tank costs 600 manpower 100 fuel and 50 ammo killing another tank that costs only 320 manpower and 35 fuel....is over powered ?????

it will be over powered only if the 320 manpower and 35 fuel unit can kill the other with 1 shot.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

seha wrote:150mm cannon. and m10 has weak armor and the crew are exposed.
are you saying a tank costs 600 manpower 100 fuel and 50 ammo killing another tank that costs only 320 manpower and 35 fuel....is over powered ?????

it will be over powered only if the 320 manpower and 35 fuel unit can kill the other with 1 shot.

Im not againts one shooting m10's but it seems to have excelent accuracy to shoot an m10 on the move. What about the Jumbo you can blow it up with 2 shoot.

And honestly 600mp and 100 F its nothing compared to the damage it can deal while outranging everything. It also blow ups pershings easily.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

This is because of how the cover tables work for Brumm and Stuh. Brumm and Stuh suffer 0 accuracy and damage penalties when shooting at units in yellow or green cover. So if you put infantry behind sandbags to protect your guys from a Brumm, doesn't matter, it is not affected by it. What is also there is a 25% accuracy boost to units who are in 'open' terrain. Since most vehicles in target tables get accuracy increases on them depending on how large they are, this all stacks up to have very good accuracy against most vehicles.

I didn't really want to change all of this because on ground that is not 'flat' the brumm and stuh start missing a lot. So I asked for an accuracy nerf for them in smoke. So at least when you smoke the front and move infantry or small/medium vehicles through that smoke the brumm and stuh will have like a 75% chance to miss.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@MenciousMoldbug: most (if not all, not sure now) vehicles don't take any advantage from the cover they're "in". So the cover bonuses are ignored when calculating accuracy against tanks/vehicles.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

MarKr wrote:@MenciousMoldbug: most (if not all, not sure now) vehicles don't take any advantage from the cover they're "in". So the cover bonuses are ignored when calculating accuracy against tanks/vehicles.

Yeah, that I knew. I was talking about how the M8 Scott suffers from cover tables with accuracy and damage (if a unit is in heavy cover it makes the scott do 50% less damage and less accuracy). While the Stuh and Stupa do not suffer from this accuracy nerf at least (damage seems to be cut to 50% but that doesn't really matter). But I am ok with that because otherwise using the stuh and stupa would be a pain unless the guns are reworked entirely.

Thinking about it the gun works very 'weirdly.' On flat terrain or shooting slightly uphill, it has superb accuracy. But on a big '^'-shaped cone; shooting at something on the other side of it will have it continuously hit the ground. When I used other vehicles like Sherman HE they did not have a problem with the terrain; as in the HE shell would just ghost-wall into the hill and hit the guy on the other side.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Oh, good to know, didnt notice it.

That a 150 mm HE shot deals damage to a tank is correct. Russian Su 152 (later ISU 152) fired HE rounds against tigers. The sheer ammount of HE was anough to rip of the tank even from a tiger tank (Su 152 saw first action in limited numbers at kursk and got the nicname "beastkiller").

I think these "howitzer units" which have a short barrel, high trajectory and slower flying shells should have severe accuracy issues against everything that moves, esspecially vehicles and stuff. They were designed to "loop" the shells over the cover and hitting the guys behind. The units that served this purpose were all axis short barreld tanks (early tank IV, early stugs and late Tank III models) as well as scott, stuh (which got introduced bc with the conversion of stugs into anti tank weapons with long 75 mm guns the inf lacked inf support tanks and the 75 mm short was considered too weak).

So these units should be good esspecially against fortified units and heavy cover bc they loop the shells over the cover but being in return veery bad against pretty much everything that moves.
Build more AA Walderschmidt