import panzer2 from afrika

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Viper

import panzer2 from afrika

Post by Viper »

https://youtu.be/OHPoe5mcMXY?t=570
why not add panzer 2 light tank from afrika to blitzkrieg mod?
axis only have armored cars but no light tanks.

The New BK Champion

Re: import panzer2 from afrika

Post by The New BK Champion »

The only panzer II that would make any sense in '44 would be Luchs

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Technically these things are barely more than a Puma vehicle, in fact even worse i guess.

The technicall advance was very quick from 1939 to 1945. What was a "tank" in 39, was in 45 at best a light vehicle and thats for what we got the puma and sdkfz 222.
The germans produced the luchs based in the Tank II from 1942 onwards simply bc tracks perform much better in the eastern front terrain than wheeled vehicles. The total production of this luchs was 100 units. Compare this to the 200 units of skdfz 234/1 (20 mm version) that got produced.

The main reconassaince vehicle was the sdkfz 222 with 20 mm canon. Later manyl german vehicles had 30 mm frontal armor like a tank II so how would a tank II make a difference?

It could just be a doctrinal unit or a reward choosing either high speeds on streets or less speed penalties when off-road.
But gameplay wise it wouldnt make much of a difference here.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

seha wrote:https://youtu.be/OHPoe5mcMXY?t=570
why not add panzer 2 light tank from afrika to blitzkrieg mod?
axis only have armored cars but no light tanks.

Because it is an illegal copy stolen from MoW without permission. IIRC it was ripped by tiger205.

In the past Bk shortly used (without know its fraudulous origin) ME 109 and FI 156 Stork also ripped from MoW in the BK 4.00 for exemple, but removed these model immediately after knowing illegal nature of these things. Lot of other mods had not these scrupules, EAW for exemple.

The luchs exist at EF, afaik it is an home made 3D model from there team.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

oh yeaaah.... that's what happened to the me109 bombing run...
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

yes, at that time it was FW 190 and Me109 for bombing run. ME109 was removed in order BK stay a clean mod. Actual ME 109 model is not the same than the old MoW one.

Viper

Post by Viper »

elefant is also model ripped from men of war. unless it was with permission.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

No, there were two different models of Elephant - one was ripped off and the other was user-made. BK used to have the user-made. Now it actually has even newer model which was user-made again - it was announced here.

This new model can swap between the "early" version (Ferdinand) and the "late" version (Elefant). So theoretically, it could be used as two different units or a reward unit or whatever.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

I don't really get why BK should stay as clean, because its just a mod that is free. Nobody should even care about it

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

BK should stay clean because it would be an illegal usage of someone else's belongings, also I doubt Steam would be OK with it if someone reported that BK uses stolen models (and trust me, there are people who would do it).

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

We at least need those cool afrika maps into bk please someone upload them in the workshop so i can download them

Viper

Post by Viper »

impossible. the maps belong to Sir_Leinad exclusively for the afrika addon. and it's forbidden to use them without authorized permission.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Also if I'm not mistaken, the maps use some objects (such as palm trees and others) that were made specifically for the maps. This means the objects are not in vanilla game and neither in BK. So it would require more than just uploading the map, you would need to upload some additional models and supporting files too.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

mofetagalactica wrote:We at least need those cool afrika maps into bk please someone upload them in the workshop so i can download them

Afrika 43 maps are exclusive and can’t be used without authorization, i know you don’t care, but we do care, Just imagine that you worked on a project for many months and a dude like you take your project to become his and spread it to the planet without your permission... do you feel me?

mofetagalactica

Then don't add it to bk just upload it on the workshop so we can play it on bk non officialy lol

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

When i downloaded afrika mod i got all the maps and i can at least chose them in normal BK. But i didnt test it to see if errors occure. But they are in the list.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Warhawks97 wrote:When i downloaded afrika mod i got all the maps and i can at least chose them in normal BK. But i didnt test it to see if errors occure. But they are in the list.

yeah but ppl usually dont have that mod, can you upload them into the workshop?

Viper

Post by Viper »

Warhawks97 wrote:When i downloaded afrika mod i got all the maps and i can at least chose them in normal BK. But i didnt test it to see if errors occure. But they are in the list.

it was possible to play the afrika maps with normal bk mod on the old versions of afrika addon. because they were listed when you run normal bk.
but the latest versions does not allow this anymore. when you close afrika, the maps will not be visible on regular bk.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

mofetagalactica wrote:Then don't add it to bk just upload it on the workshop so we can play it on bk non officialy lol

Very funny... and no, we can't do that for the same reasons i already told you more up.

Masterbaiter

Post by Masterbaiter »

Bringing that up again:

Since they did a model of the Panzer II Luchs in CoH 2 wouldnt it be possible now (copyright "problems") to bring it into the BK mod :)

Would love an Scout tank for the Germans