5.1.6 beta3

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

5.1.6 beta3

Post by MarKr »

Hello, the beta has been updated to v3 - this one mainly fixes some oversights from the previous one and applies some changes based on the feedback.

Changelog:
General:
- Removed ammo price from mortar teams
- JPIV L70 damage increased to 100-130 (from 80-120; same gun as Panther gun so same damage)
- Fixed oversights on hull/coaxial MGs on some vehicles

US:
- Added .50cal changes to Sherman top MGs (were missing by a mistake)
- Fixed wrong range brackets for .50cals
- 60mm mortar barrage cost lowered to 15 ammo (from 20)
- 80mm mortar barrage cost lowered to 25 ammo (from 30)
- Upkeep of Spotter lowered to cca 4MP/min (from 9.6MP/min)
- Made changes to the HEAT riflegrenade projectile which should help it miss less often than intended (hopefully for good)
- Lowered too high accuracy for M1 Carbines of 101st
- The cost of AT squad in Infantry doctrine should now be properly lowered with Mass Production unlock

CW:
- 2-inch mortar barrage cost lowered to 10 ammo (from 15)
- 3-inch mortar barrage cost lowered to 25 ammo (from 30)

WM:
- 81mm mortar barrage cost lowered to 25 ammo (from 30)
- Fixed a bug where StuH and StuPa received no accuracy nerf when shooting at targets in smoke
- Upkeep of Spotter lowered to cca 4MP/min (from 5.3MP/min)
- Increased penetration of 20mm gun on Sdkfz 234 and 222 against jeeps (should no longer happen that the shouts bounce off from normal Jeeps and the chance to bounce off of Armored Jeep is also lower)

PE:
- 81mm mortar barrage cost lowered to 25 ammo (from 30)
- Sdkfz 234/4 ("puma" with PaK40) is now revealed from camouflage after firing a shot
- Main cannon of JPIV L70 no longer fires at paratroopers in the air

Viper

Re: 5.1.6 beta3

Post by Viper »

cant notice any bugs.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

About Corsix, I still can't launch it, because it keeps asking for MSVCR71.dll that I already downloaded and put into system folder.
Any hints?

By the way, is Sherman 76 and EE top mg stats same as 75?

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

It looks weird with that "black hole" in the middle.

The AT squad could be moved in its place and the rangers when inf doc selected where is the AT squad now. Or with combat engineers, anything just to cover that empty slot.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

it's good to know that the L / 70 has better damage now

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Do some one have the same problem? It only happens to my with whit the beta :shock:
Attachments
Untitled.png

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

"- JPIV L70 damage increased to 100-130 (from 80-120; same gun as Panther gun so same damage)"

So, flak88 same gun than tiger, not same damage?

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

MEFISTO wrote:Do some one have the same problem? It only happens to my with whit the beta :shock:

I think you need to call the ambulance

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

:?
Mr. FeministDonut wrote:
MEFISTO wrote:Do some one have the same problem? It only happens to my with whit the beta :shock:

I think you need to call the ambulance

:? :lol:

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

mofetagalactica wrote:"- JPIV L70 damage increased to 100-130 (from 80-120; same gun as Panther gun so same damage)"

So, flak88 same gun than tiger, not same damage?

Nope. Its good that the JP IV/70 (and hopefully IV/A) have got Panther damage at the end. Been asking for it for idk how long.

But the flak 88 remains far superior to any gun in the game with its 150-200 damage compared the 120-150 damage for tiger.

The emplaced Pak 43 has apparently also 180 damage compared to the 135-165 for the normal Pak 43 and Jagdpanther/Elepahnt/Nashorn/King Tigers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Playing the beta. Saw my arty was missing everything. ANd not just "missing". Like it was shooting straight across the other side of the map from where I was aiming.

I checked corsix. Was the angle scatter change from 7 to 25 to the arty intentional? I know I personally hate the effectiveness of arty but this is a nerf too far even for me.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It was intentional on some units. What unit was that and did you have vision on the are or were you shooting into the FoW?

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Nerf for the arty, more pls

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Setting up arty correctly is not a question of 2 values. It is possible that some arty units still have the old modifiers for shooting into FoW (which makes them spread a lot more). This worked quite well with the old setup when the basic spread was very small, but now with the bigger basic spread, if some unit was overlooked and still has the old FoW modifiers, the shots could fly really off - that is why I ask about the FoW/vision in the area. And because this has been in since the first arty rework and this is the first time someone complains about it, I believe it is really some forgotten old value.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

the objective is in Germany, but the bomb falls on the moon, ridiculous ... does the artillery bother you so much? Was not it enough with the nerf of the mortar?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

i did have vision on the target, failed to hit anything. attached is a replay. excuse my raging. you can see me aiming at the house with mefisto's panzerhecks around minute 16. again, i spammed arty at aroudn minute 23 i think? at a house that was really close by.

but i had 25 pounders, prob spent a total of at least 400 munition in the whole game, my howitzers only ended with maybe 5 inf kills added together because the scatter was so bad. i saw the FOW modifier in corsix, but even with vision it was impossible to hit anything.

a spread of 25 is a bit much isn't it? especially if you're going for long range you're essentially making the potentially miss distance xtan(25)? so if you are shooting at min range of 30 units distance, you're going to potentially be off by 13 units. just for scale, if it was shooting at max range of 900 the potential distance would be off by more than 400 units.

edit: correction, i think the scatter angle value should be divided by 2. so it'd be xtan(12.5).
so the scatter would be potentially off by
7ish at min range.
200ish at max range.
Attachments
horrible arty scatter.rec
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 391 times
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Excuse me, but the 25pdr was crap since i can remember.

In the very past it got used in masses only for VT (like build in map corner for pure VT use).

The last time ive seen a 25 pdr shooting was ages ago and i considered them only as "pure spam" units with huge spread and randomly dropping shells and i thought that it was the intention to be so since its a 0 CP unit and since RA has super accurate priest in exchange.

It was also used to be cheaper to build than a 105 for exactly this reason i think.

I dont say its good, just saying that this 25pdr has always been like that. It fires less powerfull shells than a 105 (25 is just a 87,.. mm howitzer actually).

Perhaps it could get fixed a bit.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

the 105 mm (emplacement) is a garbage now, i spent 150 of ammunition and I was not able to destroy a peeled 88 mm, it is as if a drunk was urinating and is not able to hit the toilet

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Shanks wrote:the 105 mm (emplacement) is a garbage now, i spent 150 of ammunition and I was not able to destroy a peeled 88 mm, it is as if a drunk was urinating and is not able to hit the toilet

peeled, you mean unemplaced?

these 88 guns have 50% damage reduction from arty (it used to be just 25% which made me making leading a crusade against them by spamming them untill enough players got pissed off). But as comparision, tanks and vehicles take 75% of the arty damage. So technically the naked 88 takes less damage from arty than tanks and stuff. So you should hit them directly to cause proper damage.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

I mean that the shots fall far, too much in my opinion, it was three rounds, 150 ammunition, it is much in a pvp so you can not hit a target, is sad

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

yeah 25 pdr was crap. now it's even more crap LOL. like i said, it jumped from 7 angle scatter to 25 angle scatter. that's more than 3 times as inaccurate.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

kwok wrote:a spread of 25 is a bit much isn't it? especially if you're going for long range you're essentially making the potentially miss distance xtan(25)? so if you are shooting at min range of 30 units distance, you're going to potentially be off by 13 units. just for scale, if it was shooting at max range of 900 the potential distance would be off by more than 400 units.
As far as I know, there is the "distance scatter max" which caps the distance from target at which the shots can land. The "angle scatter" basically gives the "fire cone" of the gun which is "narrower" near the arty unit and gets wider the farther you shoot, however still the distance is capped with the distance scatter max. Thus even if you shoot at range of 900 the shots should not scatter more than the "distance scatter max" value.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

hm that makes sense... it didn't exactly scatter by 400... a cap at 20 is both ways though right? 20 left and 20 right? so that would mean at around range 100 it'll have max scatter (xtan(20degrees)=40, solved for x). that's a pretty steep accuracy drop, i feel this really hurts all faction's ability to take out defenses. it gets even worse on bigger maps where there is a whole lot of nothing to hit. even on small maps, im starting to think that it's hard for arty to land accurate enough that it'd be useful. it'll be more RNG-ish than tactical.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

so keep max scatter and reduce scatter modifier so that it doesnt drop of so quickly?

Viper

Post by Viper »

there is no serious bugs on this beta
maybe just release it?