5.1.6 beta2

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: 5.1.6 beta2

Post by MarKr »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:I tested the new 75mm KwKs, for the cost of around 70 munitions to load HE they are just right where they should be with them. The new HEAT shells are also good. Please keep these changes, they make the 75mm stubby light vehicles very useful.
Good to hear. So far I've only heard positive feedback on this so I guess it can stay.

Descriptions will be fixed - it was a experimental change so we did not make new texts for them for the beta in case that they would be reversed.

@Hotchkiss barrage cost: It could go up, it is true that TH is often swimming in ammo and so they can afford to shoot the barrages every time the cooldown is gone.

@Spotter upkeep: They can be lowered to about 4MP/minute. It is not needed for them to be this high, I think it is an oversight from the time when the spotters were added.

@Mortar prices in general: Prices for barrages will be lowered a bit, the ammo price tags on mortar teams will be removed.

@Smoke for mortar HTs: I would be against it. PE has it because they don't have normal mortar squads but US and WM have access to mortar squads and the smoke barrage ability is one of few things that makes them more useful than the HT versions. The mortar teams are cheaper, cost no fuel and have the smoke barrage. HTs have mobility (both faster to move around the map and also don't need any "deploy" or "pack up" time before they can relocate), are immune to bullets (so they don't die to anything that has any weapon) and some "special shot" ability (flame shot/"heavy shot") but no smoke. If they also get the smoke ability, there will be very little reason to ever build the normal squads.

@Mortar creeping barrage for no cost: This is an oversight, they will receive some price tag too. Not sure what would be appropriate, any suggestions?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:@Spotter upkeep: They can be lowered to about 4MP/minute. It is not needed for them to be this high, I think it is an oversight from the time when the spotters were added.

Not sure how often i mentioned this during the past.... 3-4 years? :roll:
Anyway, good to see it gets changed.

@Smoke for mortar HTs: I would be against it. PE has it because they don't have normal mortar squads but US and WM have access to mortar squads and the smoke barrage ability is one of few things that makes them more useful than the HT versions. The mortar teams are cheaper, cost no fuel and have the smoke barrage. HTs have mobility (both faster to move around the map and also don't need any "deploy" or "pack up" time before they can relocate), are immune to bullets (so they don't die to anything that has any weapon) and some "special shot" ability (flame shot/"heavy shot") but no smoke. If they also get the smoke ability, there will be very little reason to ever build the normal squads.

I dont think a mortar HT is "simply better". I never build them as WH and prefer the normal one. In heated fights a mortar HT is dead everytime a arty shell hits good, a light vehicle comes arround etc. It costs more than a Tank IV J and so i keep using/producing the inf 81 mm instead. Its more forgivable to mistakes as it costs less, i can put retreat button and dont have to retreat manually in case i see a attack coming and i can re-crew them.... sometimes like up to 10 times in a game.
If US had a inf mortar in all docs, i would always go for it to be honest. I cant remember when i used a mortar HT for my last time (exception here is PE of course). In 1 vs 1 its valuable but its value decreases or lets say becomes a lot more risky and costly to use in late stages with swarming inf and vehicles arround.

So i am all for a smoke ability now for all mortars.

@Mortar creeping barrage for no cost: This is an oversight, they will receive some price tag too. Not sure what would be appropriate, any suggestions?

It requires vet 2 or something so perhaps 30 ammo or even just 25? If it doesnt need vet it could be 35 or something.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

Hey guys I would like to nkow what do you think about the Cromwell flanking speed, I think they are extremely fast.
Also can some one tell me what is the the chance to penetrate a 75mm puma using a Sherman! The sherman miss a lot I think and with the new camouflage ability (I love it) Shermans won't have any chance.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MEFISTO wrote:Hey guys I would like to nkow what do you think about the Cromwell flanking speed, I think they are extremely fast.
Also can some one tell me what is the the chance to penetrate a 75mm puma using a Sherman! The sherman miss a lot I think and with the new camouflage ability (I love it) Shermans won't have any chance.

The sdkfz 234 Puma type vehicles are hard to hit bc of the tt. The at guns accuracy against them got fixed but somehow devs didnt fix tank guns accuracy against pumas.

So technically you cant hit them with tanks but only with AT guns currently.

devs also wanted to drop flank speed boosts from 50% to 25%. Seems it got not implemented then? Couldnt find it in changelog either or i am blind.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:devs also wanted to drop flank speed boosts from 50% to 25%. Seems it got not implemented then? Couldnt find it in changelog either or i am blind.

5.1.6 beta topic wrote:- Lowered speed bonus of Flank Speed ability on Cromwells and Comets to +25% (from +50%)