Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Wolf
Administrator

Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Patch

Post by Wolf »

Hey hey hey,

another new Blitzkrieg version!

It is recommended to install it on top of 4.8.6.0 or any previous 4.8.x.x, go fetch it here:

Patch 4.8.8.0 - Mediafire | MODDB

There is a new launcher executable included, so if you have some shortcut still pointing to the old one, you might want to redo it. Or just leave option in installer ticked to make it automatically.

This patch fixes broken early game balance and further tunes AA, that was the main focus, with additional AB changes.

Thank you for your donations, report any bugs you find on forums and have a nice game.

Changelog:

- LAUNCHER Will no longer delete everything in your Blitzkrieg folder after new patch installation
- LAUNCHER Will now show warnings when not being run from CoH root directory instead of immediate exit
- LAUNCHER Will no longer create unnecessary directories in Blitzkrieg folder
- LAUNCHER Will now determine installed version from Blitzkrieg module file
- LAUNCHER Added cleanup Blitzkrieg folder button
- US Increased airborne m1 carbine damage output
- US Rebalanced Jeep
- US Increased Johnson slot_size to 2, unit will no longer be able to have 6 Johnsons
- US Increased strafe and AP strafe ability cost from 115 to 125 munnition
- US 101st, 82nd and HQ squad have now "Sub-menu" and can still use basic grenades even after "Flame grenades" unlock
- US 101st cost reduced from 450MP to 415MP
- US 101st added "Suppression Fire" ability if equiped with at least 2 BARs
- US 82nd added a "Throw Smoke Grenade" ability (cost: 20 munitions)
- US 82nd increased item slots from 2 to 4
- US HQ squad has increased command aura range (from 40 to 60)
- US HQ squad has now the ability to retreat to AHQ
- US Para Engineers can now buy a Minesweeper upgrade
- US Removed "hold space" from AHQ - can no longer garrison squads
- US Fixed Calliope model didn't show sandbags after upgrade
- US Fixed 60mm mortar offmap damage
- CW Infantry section now can buy upgrades properly
- CW Fixed dingo not showing weapon and non working sound
- CW Added VT ability to CW arty doctrine dingo
- CW Arty recon infantry, dingo and recce now have shared VT timer
- CW Decreased vehicle VT ability range
- CW Increased infantry VT ability range
- CW Mortar emplacement did not show its health properly after recrew
- WH Added fuel upkeep to Marder I and III (same as PE)
- WH Fixed fragmentation sleeve grenade could have been thrown without cover
- PE Fallschirmjaegers will get veterancy levels a bit faster
- PE Gebirgsjaegers will get veterancy levels a bit faster
- PE Rebalanced schwimmwagen
- PE FW190 "ghost" recon fly fixed
- PE FW190 crash model bug fixed
- PE Decreased Panther D fuel cost from 120 to 110
- ALL Tank commanders should not die with tanks anymore
- ALL 37mm guns can now fire with 1 man crew left, with decreased accuracy and increased reload time
- ALL Additional weapons into the "new drop" pool
- ALL Arty weapons should destroy tracks/engine a bit less often

JimQwilleran

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Patch

Post by JimQwilleran »

Why do u keep buffing Luftwaffe doc x_x?

Aren't they ubermensh already?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

illa... Don't u remember our last AB vs Luft?? Huh.. :P Oh then, u must have forgotten a lot!! :D

crimax

Post by crimax »

- US Rebalanced Jeep
This was absolutely necessary.

- US 101st cost reduced from 450MP to 415MP
I have some doubt about this huge cost reduction. 101st units are spammed (by good infantry players). We will see more infantry blobs ....

- PE Fallschirmjaegers will get veterancy levels a bit faster
Well, finally.

- PE Rebalanced schwimmwagen
Buffed ? Nerfed ?

@Wolf
Improvements about Brit Commandos are still frozen ? OK, next days I will open some poll/discussion about it. I think it is time ....

Going to test it ......
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

crimax wrote:- US Rebalanced Jeep
This was absolutely necessary.

Yes and no.... rebalance was neccessary but still i have some doubts if we went not too far. It reminds me a bit on old jeep. Suppression comes later now which means enemie inf has good chances to run from cover to cover again. We will see.

crimax wrote:- US 101st cost reduced from 450MP to 415MP
I have some doubt about this huge cost reduction. 101st units are spammed (by good infantry players). We will see more infantry blobs ....

Johnson reduced to two and max 3 full auto weapons... so.... The unit by default is comparable to normal ranger squad so 415 is ok. Compared to stormtooper or grens they still have worse cost performence ratio or esspecially when compared to Luft inf. They take advantage from being cheaper to reinforce+ supply yard and up to 5 squads available..... So they do US is supposed to do: winning by quantity which everybody here wanted! And now its a god damn problem?! srsly

crimax wrote:- PE Fallschirmjaegers will get veterancy levels a bit faster
Well, finally.

lets see....Ive got my on vet 3 (which is most important vet step) still.

crimax wrote:- PE Rebalanced schwimmwagen
Buffed ? Nerfed ?

Well..... Schwimm beats inf behind yellow cover again. So i wish all some fun finding green cover in early game:P Sandbags hurray.

crimax wrote:@Wolf
Improvements about Brit Commandos are still frozen ? OK, next days I will open some poll/discussion about it. I think it is time ....

A build cost drop to 400 for sten commando would help a lot already.

regarding to schwimm and jeeps in general i would say that booth can take too many bullets for the fact that they are light recconassaince vehicles. They shouldnt survive bursts of MG salvos so well or concentrated rifle fire of entire squads.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Guys, I think that there is a problem with the new patch.

I have played like 5 games with it, and 3 of them ended with a strange crash. I think that it's patch's fault because all the players in the game crashed in the same moment... I have no bloody idea what can cause it. The last time I played the game crashed after my Jagdtiger was preparing for HE shot. Gun fired, and then CTD... And there is something strange - these games which ended with a crash were not counted in stats...

Could u please have a look for it?

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm.. well, I made about 3 games on 3 different maps! Their last was nearly 2 hours period... But all went fine without any crashes!! Also btw I think u already know that what u r speaking of actually happened sometimes too with the old versions as well. Nothing is new then I mean!!!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

It happend in old versions,too. And when it crashs the it always crashs for everybody. They are afaik not shown in stats and no replay saved. Sadly my two epic two hours game crashed but that was in old version. So its actually nothing patch relating or shouldnt be.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm.. well, I made about 3 games on 3 different maps! Their last was nearly 2 hours period... But all went fine without any crashes!! Also btw I think u already know that what u r speaking of actually happened sometimes too with the old versions as well. Nothing is new then I mean!!!

Warhawks97 wrote:It happend in old versions,too. And when it crashs the it always crashs for everybody. They are afaik not shown in stats and no replay saved. Sadly my two epic two hours game crashed but that was in old version. So its actually nothing patch relating or shouldnt be.

I offen happens when tank try to roll over and crush infatry.

Wolf, thanks a lot for fix 82nd healing ability. And for other work thanks too.

crimax

Post by crimax »

AA units "off-map hit" issue, is still present ?
I didn't check it yet.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

as lunarwolf reported there is still chance that AAs will take down planes before entering the map but the chance is much lower than before...However in our testing game where I was Luft and Wolf and Warhawk were US Para I sent FW190 many times and their 4 base defense AAs never shot the plane down before it enetered the map...

Check this:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=403&view=unread#unread

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm... AB 101st squads seriously are annoying as their Bars suppress Grens pretty well I think! I was not welcoming this cost reduction since start anyways but.. well, 82nd squads can now grab 2 M6A3c Bazooka rockets plus 2 M18 Recoilless rifles while the remaining 2 men will also still have 2 Thompsons for sure!!! o.O

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I tryed AB, and its ok, better than i thought, doc is work good now, i think we can conclude that rework of it is complete. Big thx for 82s, additional slots and smoke nades mase them somehow usefull finally.

Edit: I think all Usa and WE docs are fine now, a bit broken remained only Raf and Tank Hunters (you know that all want panzer division :P)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hmm... AB 101st squads seriously are annoying as their Bars suppress Grens pretty well I think! I was not welcoming this cost reduction since start anyways but.. well, 82nd squads can now grab 2 M6A3c Bazooka rockets plus 2 M18 Recoilless rifles while the remaining 2 men will also still have 2 Thompsons for sure!!! o.O

i think its good now. Also two BAR´s needed for suppressive ability and those of BAR is by far less effective than those of top mounted tank MG´s. 82nd makes sense now to build with more slots and smoke nade. Also i think most will keep using the Johnson so...

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I tryed AB, and its ok, better than i thought, doc is work good now, i think we can conclude that rework of it is complete. Big thx for 82s, additional slots and smoke nades mase them somehow usefull finally.

Edit: I think all Usa and WE docs are fine now, a bit broken remained only Raf and Tank Hunters (you know that all want panzer division :P)

agreed. Some adjustments for RAF inf and PE Elite Tank division:)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

i think its good now. Also two BAR´s needed for suppressive ability
Also i think most will keep using the Johnson so...

Johnson keeps its better stats over BAR so you either take two Johnsons and have a better performance stats-wise or take two BARs and get an ability. It was intended this way.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

ALL Arty weapons should destroy tracks/engine a bit less often

really for all? Thing is that all my tanks got immobilized by first strike of wespe. We had bunches of immobilized tanks. Also SD2 shouldnt immoblize so often as well. Withing 3 meters my M10 got immobilized twice!

Also we dont see any effective counter to axis heavies. They had so many Panthers and KT´s and Tigers late version and often they just stood arround and we used inf off map arty, tank commander strike and arty sherman barrage and NOTHING did happen really and they didnt even move! so wtf.... a KT stands in two off maps and arty piece barrage and explosions all arround and nothing happens?! Just BS.... the few jacks of one player just cant handle all the stream of tigers and Panthers in late game.

In short: 20 arty strikes that hit close arround a KT that is not even moving or on Tiger doesnt damage anything but every single sd2 immobilizes a tank..... that sucks soo hard.

So only SP and commando gomma bombs can stop them reliable but everything else sucks no. I also or we tried several stickies which cost me many men and ammo on KT but even 3 did nothing. So i am currently asking me how to crack the axis armored forces when there are Panthers and KT´s and elephants arround. The Panther is already almost only destroyable from ambushes but everything bigger cant be engaged really unless having insane luck of 5% oneshot with like 20% pen chance. In the last games we really used insane masses of M10`s, (in one many fireflys), sóme Jacks and e8´s and every allied player started spamming the new cheap M10s but the Panthers and Tigers and even KT´s got simply more. We ran up several hundred tanks but nothing except the SP could deal them untill it got killed and immobilzed by schrecks and V1.

JP´s and IV/70´s, Elephants, KT´s and JT got stopped in 70% of all games by arty or arty made it possible to kill them. Now a combo of BK tiger, elephant and KT and/or Panther in combo simply smashes and steamroles everything. And IF there is still an ambushed 17 pounder its quickly detected and killed by nebler VT or firestorm and Jacks usually lose against them (even when it pens the HP´s are massive and dealed damage low) or gets critically damaged when facing axis armor even when it killed it.

Its really messed up now. Most annoying is really that 20 close arty hits doesnt immobilize any tank now but every single sd2 stops another tank.....

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Pure whine post man, i disagree with everything, use hellcats and achiles, they almost always one shot panthers from ambush, 17 pounders, airstikes, arty call ins, ab with bunch of zooks and recoiless, gammon bombs, double inf doc at team with 3 zooks, pershings + command car range ability, overrepaired fireflies with command tank, 76mm spam from inf and ab docs. You lost yesterday because you played bad, not because of balance reasons. As for sd2, you can walk through them by keeping engs near your inf, mines will not detonate in that case, immobolized sherman can be repaired by 99mp terminators ot upgraded sappers in 2 secs, while panther/tiger without trucks is a dead thing in 90% cases.. You also had inf + ab + raf, 3 inf oriented docs, of course Panthers will butch all that shit:)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

its what others and we did in the past 4 games. The achilles and all that close range HVAP thing did not always work or only sometimes. We even did 3 vs 1 and 4 vs 1 moments with 2 M10 and 2 e8 vs one tiger shooting from all directions with minor success. The Gommon bombs had been the only really effective way to stop the heavies. And i dont know how you see it but i used severl times on not moving tigers and KT´s and we used 3 arty abilities on one KT that was not moving and shells exploded right under the treads and not immobilized! But yeah.... every single SD2 immoblizes M10 and SP´s...... VERY GOOD isnt it?

Ask cyber and shadow or terence.... ive been watching a game of them and two fireflys couldnt destroy a Single Panther...... A Jacks with commander and HVAP did bounce several times from ambush postion from Panthers and Tigers. Jsut GO and ask Erich or shadow. It wasnt even me who made that experience..... i just watched the streams and i did the experience in two games (in one together with Markr where he could see how pointless HVAP rounds are..... once again a veted e8 with vet commander and sandbags and HVAP got beaten by a stupid standard axis 76 sherman from SE doc which had and used nothing. Just go.... markr saw it or at least i hope so! The airstrikes btw had been the only effective weapon but even those often failed to finish a tank and often the KT escaped with 1 HP and main gun destroyed.

Also go and talk with cyber or terence. Cyber did play terror and he said by himslef that his Panthers are just crazy. Go ask majorTaxisback... he used Tigers and at the end of the game he said that some tanks overperform a bit when one tiger beat 2 76 and and one pershing (i just watched their streams!).

And we probably lost because we had no CW arty. Also i cant have billion engins close to all of my units. Esspecially not when i go into flank speed with and M10..... Or have you seen engis running as fast as an M10 in flank speed? i didnt. Also those engis would just feed the opponents in combat situations. And for the fact we played bad we had quite nice numbers of veted units...... It yeah we did play bad actually and thats not my problem. My problem is simply that not moving Tanks get hit my 20 arty shells and being not immoblized even while a single sd2 immobilizes any tank.

we had 3 inf orientated docs? hmmm..... too bad that allis have only one really tank orientated doc..... RE has pretty much the same as other CW docs...... and what ahd you? Luft, SE,BK and Terror...... means 4 inf orientated docs, 2 Tank orientated docs, 2 arty docs and two defensive docs..... Also i ran out a bice ammount of armor as well (mostly M10) and in a game i watched on a stream hardstyle did build also many tanks (76 shermans etc) with inf doc and in the game i did with markr our inf doc player also run up a big ammount of M10´s.

Just messy that every axis tank must be destroyed in an ambush and that any kind of superior number stuff works hardly. Axis tanks got simply engaged usually by arty combined with tanks and Panthers mostly when being immobilized by arty or something. Unambushed tanks and paks are likely to bounce usually.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Its not true that every sd2 immobolize tank. And i dont need to ask anybody, because i played alies after patch and had NO problems (whats your problem seriously? AB have lots of handled at, hellcats, dropable 76mm which can be instantly recrewed + airstrikes finally. Armor doc is out of question, Jumbo with command car range bonuse will take out tiger/panther without problems, what to say about persh and jackson, also, have you ever tryed SP with this range bonuse? Do you know that it have best vehicle range in game? You can knock down KT or JT without giving them chance to shoot. Inf doc have nice call ins, cool at teams, 76mm spam, countless rifles with stikies and 107mm mortars, which are still have good chances to immobolize axis tank. Brits are out of question, all kinds of 17 pounders: emplaced, ambushed, firefly for push, Achiles for ambushes and flanking + gammon bombs + sniper priests are still sniper priests. If all that stuff arent enough to your team to stop couple of panthers than i have bad news, you are newbies probably:D), so, stop this mindless whine and correct your tactics/teamplay/micro.

Armor doc isnt the only tank doc obviously, Inf doc always produce jumbos, airborne hellcats, all brit docs making crusaders/fireflies/achileses. Axis real armor doc is BK only, TH have only stupid busters or overpriced Pz4s, terror tiger is not good because inf just running frontally on it throwing stickie/gammon and immobolizing ( cause no mounted MG) same to Luft panther, very low effectivness against elite inf, inf doc zooks or AB eating it alive, Panther G is cool, but very limited, since terror have no res trade/buffs, like supply yard, brit trucks, or th and bk ammo exchange, defence have no tanks, se have no tanks, one more time, what is your problem? Especially after great supply upgrades price decrease.

Personally i VERY glad that stupid immobolization was reduced, in old times all that gameplay with Tigers and Panthers was only pain in the ass, half of game you saving res for super expensive tank, and its immobolized with first arty hit which explode 100km behind, then enemies dropping all arty and air shit they have on poor tank so that you have no chance to repair vehicle, fuck it.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

we did all that. I watched 4 games on stream and played two by myself and talked with several guys that participated as axis and allied in those game. We did use ambushes (as i said even jacks ambush with hvap vs panthers).... shadow used bunches of Fireflys and M10´s in another game i did watch. Paks are out of question as they are gone in late games usually. And i said that SP is the only unit that really helps. I said that in one game hardstyle and erich ran up more than 200 76 shermans, M10´s and M18. If you havent noticed i did plant stickies on that silly KT which survived 20 arty shells and the stickies (25 ammo each) did once again nothing. So my mico is bad when i manage to plant stickies with vet 0 rifles on a KT.... hmmm

I am talking about what to do when having NO CW arty and NO SP (ours got immobilized somehow and smashed with v1).... so what to do then.... are you ALWAYS expecting that allis have always priests and SP at any time? And here comes the point.... usually the strikes on the tanks as we did last night immobilized those KT´s and Panthers and got killed then but now i doesnt happen anymore. the SD2 bombs have much higher immobilazation rate than arty strikes now and our strikes often hit perfectly Tigers, KT´s and even wespes which didnt move at all when the arty came down on them. Also we Talk about the Panthers (mainly Terror one) and not terror tigers. And limited Panther G´s? hmmm.... i stopped counting how many got killed..... They got at least faster replaced as killed.

We also coordinated attacks unlike the axis teams did..... Coordinated arty shells, smoke rounds with 105 howoitzers, airstrikes and off maps pared etc. Commandos pared with M10 wolverine killing the AA tanks etc. Whereas axis team really mindlessly blown up the entire map with walking stuka and tons of arty units.... Mindlesly roaming and driving KT´s and Panthers that did not even had to move when the craziest arty salvos came down on them! Inf that once again did frontal assaults on quad cal 50, recce and cal 30 HMG (stormtoopers in that case from crimax)..... Def has no tanks.... i am talking excatly about those super heavies to which belongs elephant... usually they got somehow stopped by arty or SP.

And excatly those super expensive super tanks got almost only stopped by arty you are right.... but beside arty allis have usually only the SP. (Command tank with Jacks did fail btw... erich tried that when i watched a stream of a game where he took part. I did reccommend him to use that command vehicle but it didnt work either with shermans or jacks. Only with SP to increase range even further the command vehicle makes realy sense). Also most of the time the accurate priest did immoblize those heavy tanks. The off maps from inf doc could be avoided very easily..... It now actually helps the foolishness what happend in our game. 3 Times a Wespe, a damaged Tiger and finally KT did NOT move and arty (off map and normal arty salvo and on KT two off maps + savlo from vet arty sherman) did hit perfectly but not immobilized at all! Means when you have KT or Elephant or whatever you dont even have to fear arty really.... you just can keep the shells rain on them and axactly that happend and thats what pisses me so much!

Alman

Post by Alman »

in my opinion

if artilery fire have great chance to immobilize tanks it have not be huge damage (and very low damage to heavy tanks (tiger class) ).

or

if artilery fire have huge damage to tanks it must not have great chance to immobilize.

i like this patch about immobilize because in previous patch artilery have great damage and great immobilize. at least one of them must be reduced.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Alman wrote:in my opinion

if artilery fire have great chance to immobilize tanks it have not be huge damage (and very low damage to heavy tanks (tiger class) ).

or

if artilery fire have huge damage to tanks it must not have great chance to immobilize.

i like this patch about immobilize because in previous patch artilery have great damage and great immobilize. at least one of them must be reduced.

rather damage..... Tanks most of them time got disabled and had secondary damage. Only direct hits dealed massive damage. As a sample on eastern front the axis "lost" 45 tigers in one week or month but only 7 of them as total losses. All others got damaged and disabled by arty and had secondary damage. from a tactical point and realistic point of view secondary damages do make a lot more sense than massive damage but no crits.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Don't make me laugh, there is nothing easier than destroying a Panther or a Tiger. 17 pounder easily destroy them in 1 or 2 shots, not to mention 76 with AP rounds, that can do the same frontally costing 1/3 of a Tiger (a little less for a Panther) Or you just have to bring AT squads, come frontally, fire you're bazookas, and severly damage/destroy them, retreat and start again.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:Don't make me laugh, there is nothing easier than destroying a Panther or a Tiger. 17 pounder easily destroy them in 1 or 2 shots, not to mention 76 with AP rounds, that can do the same frontally costing 1/3 of a Tiger (a little less for a Panther) Or you just have to bring AT squads, come frontally, fire you're bazookas, and severly damage/destroy them, retreat and start again.

thx for theory.... doesnt work.. tested....did not work..... HVAP from US 76 bounced even from axis 76 sherman. Also if you would have read it its simply that even jacks bounce quite often from Panther G. Also you need 3-4 pen shots to kill a Tiger.... at average you need 3-4 tanks using HVAP+ micro. We really did all that. There was a Tiger facing two 76 shermans and m10 all with HVAP + Pershing flanking but all either bounced or damaged it..... the Tiger even damaged the pershing that flanked the Tiger. And mostly we killed a Panther from ambushes only but often enough booth sides lost their tanks. I wouldnt talk about it if it wouldnt be so silly and pls.... read EVERYTHING. And frontal attack on Tigers with hendheld AT..... are you kidding me now? Ive been watching a game of Tiger 1996 which was only a 1 vs 1 and he had 4 squads of AB with rl and zooks and doing frontal assaults on Tank IV´s and he actually always failed to kill a Tank IV.... and now you say i should frontal assault Panther or Tiger with hendheld at..... god lord you are so funny. I guess everybody would agree that this is suicide unless you have a vet 4 commando squad. Vet 3 Rangers lost 3 men after a 2 second burst of a vet 1 Panther G and the zook failed then also.

Edit: Or was this a joke? I am not sure as there are people out there which would mean this serious. if it wasnt then i am sorry for that replay.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, it's true that the IVHs were so tough to be killed using handled AT weapons during that 1vs1 specifically with the Recoilless rifles but hey Hawks I think that this is how it's actually meant to be!! My opponent had 2 Tigers as total.. one was killed by 2 flanking Hellcats and the another died instantly by a bombing aircraft as that my inf were honestly unable to kill any of them as supposed. However that still few of his Hs already died by my inf too while the rest were killed by planes or Hellcats as well; I also lost some Shermans and Hellcats in a result but on the other hand I had a lot of res after those supply yard upgrades! So it's fun, realistic and balanced now I believe...