[5.1.5] random immobilization.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: [5.1.5] random immobilization.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr said the immobilization is quite rare, but as we can see.. it's not that rare.
That's what I wanted to point out with the examples I provided previously, as I am not arguing whether if these situations were normal or not.
So it's not rare.. and with latest changes on v5.1.5 to heavy tanks, it became even worse.. specifically when you combine those changes altogether.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I gave you the percentual chances to get the "detracked" crit when it penetrates. It is ususaly 5% or 10% - per each penetrative shot. I did not watch the entire video but if you consider how many shots from 76mm guns (or the M10 guns) were fired at those Tigers and Panthers, and then you count how many in the entire game penetrated and out of those how many detracked, then the percentage should match. Also this was just one game so it would be good to have such data from more games - it would be more accurate.

Nobody says that it is impossible that in one game you will see three of your tanks detracked with the fist penetrative hit, but in majority of games it is not the case.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

omg. Really?

A Panther just has to kill two shermans to be worthy its cost. How much that Panther killed in front of enemie base after being disabled? Several inf squads and other stuff.

If you want to kill a normal heavy tank with "normal means" like AT guns you need god damn many of them or just incedible luck. Big tanks are there to bounce shells and to be a mobile fortress with a big gun. They are not supposed to also just relax and take arty shell after arty shell without anything. And arty isnt cheap either and off maps have cooldown, take half your ammo and can fail as long as you keep moving after a shot.

And that vid as "proof" is not really a proof. It shows rather that heavies shouldnt operate totally alone, they simply can operate with less support. But you left them always alone. In this vid as well as in the vid were your mate fielded several Jagdtiger against RAF and inf doc which is probably the funniest thing ive ever got to see.

I didnt say dont build heavies. The Panther had been my primary late game tank as axis which i used together with my veted stormtroopers and my AA. But ive never build a Panther unless i could make sure to have support (either by my mates luftwaffe inf) or by my own troops. If i hadnt a recon, Ostwind/Puma and at least 1-2 inf squads i simply didnt build a heavy bc its nonsense and thats not what heavies are designed for. They shouldnt come as "oh, i lost pretty much all my units and have 0 vision. Go Super Heavy tank, kill them all!"... that is like a bad Pokemon movie but sadly the way most use the heavies. "I lost controle, the micro managment killed my brain..... shit, i wait for my super unit". I say play yourself out of bad situations and dont just pay some res hoping to solve all issues with that. This way we could make a silly "Spend Ressources win mode". Those who spend more res at the end wins the game.

So, in both games, less heavies and better support. Terror and BK can provide simply awesome support.... storms, grens, arty, Puma, Ostwind whatever you want.

At 1 hour and 30 mins with your Panther and KT. First of all i dont get why getting both of them in a 1 vs 1. You had to spend a bit more into something to cap. Those tanks bought you lots of time and caused huge damage and broke the enemie line but you failed to cap something and to use it. Its simply an error that happens in real life too. If you dont take an advantage of an victorious battle you fight thousands of battles without ever winning the war.

And these two tanks killed two tanks (of which one was an heavy AT gun which still costs over 300 MP) each, a vehicle, a sniper, at least one or more infantry squads and other infantry. So MP wise each of these tanks caused a lot more MP damage as they have cost and they destroyed basically every defense. But if you cant use it to your advantage and caping points, well.... and those two killed many units with quite little effort.

You tried to save both although it was obvious they will die sooner or later. In such situations i just give up rescue efforts and try to make the best of their sacrafice. At the end they would have been worth the cost and the res gained my capturing would have allowed you to quickly build another Panther. Sometimes just let go an accept the loss. Try to score as many kills as possible. I (and also others i knew) kept rushing onwards even after taking a pen shot on Panther. The options in that moment are retreat and lose it perhaps or keep going and kill as much as possible. The loss is then acceptable.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Can we have a vote for having a triggering text when hitting rear/side armor? 'cause this would solve a lot of problems when you're not sure if you have your tank perfectly frontal to your enemies or at least you will learn from past experiences i played a lot and im never sure when my tanks are 100% totally front facing the enemy, this will be a huge help for new players and also for old players.

For those crying about nerf to heavy tanks, dude.... everytime i play axis i have already a 80% chances to win , luftwaffe patrols are a fucking op joke anyway, with those henschell and the anti-defence patrol stuka wich seems to be immune to AA planes ( i wonder who in the hell would pick the reward option exchanging this op hability lol).
Last edited by mofetagalactica on 02 Sep 2018, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

Stuka planes immune to AA? Lol
Axis 80% chance to win? LOL
Last edited by The New BK Champion on 01 Sep 2018, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Now the Stuka...whats next...

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Now the Stuka...whats next...

Plz nerf the most op bullshit in this game, which is entirely broken kangaroo hull mg!!!

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Now the Stuka...whats next...

Go and check it out, they're immune to AA, i would only understand this if the plane in the reward option (that one wich only spawn 1 single plane ) would be immune to AA's, but not the patrol one.

Are the axis doc units reworks still a thing for the next update?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Both abilities spawn exactly the same plane type, that means that either both abilities should have immune planes or neither but they cannot act differently.