Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.5

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.5

Post by MarKr »

Hello to all of you,

after almost 3 months and 6 released beta versions we bring you the official 5.1.5 release.

Those of you who participated in beta testing probably know what to expect but for those of you who haven't payed attention to the beta versions, here is a quick summary of this quite big patch.

As a reaction to complaints that some vehicles fly over the map with a speed of light, we reduced speeds of vehicles, or more precisely we lowered the speed modifiers of certain surfaces. On roads and "in the open" (cross country) the speed buff reduction was pretty much -25% for all the vehicles. The speed reduction when driving in/on yellow cover (craters, wooden fences, bushes etc.) or green cover (in general solid destructible walls) differs based on type of vehicle. Generally speaking, full wheeled vehicles (Greyhounds, Pumas etc.) get slowed the most (but also have higher basic speed), full-tracked vehicles (tanks) get slowed the least and between them are halftracks. 25% speed reduction might sound a lot but people playing beta in general reported that "it is noticeable but not too drastic".

Another thing that is changed now is artillery, which has been a point of complaints for ages. Now all kinds of artillery deal more damage to vehicles if they hit directly but do less damage when the vehicle gets caught in AoE but does not take direct hit. Also rocket artillery has a bit bigger spread, no longer reduces spread with veterancy levels, but each veterancy level reduces the cooldown of barrages - so it is better suited for hitting bigger areas. On the other hand the "shell" artillery gains no cooldown reduction with veterancy but gets reduced spread so it can hit more accurately.
Also the ranges of artillery units were changed based on type of the arty unit. Most range now have static howitzers, then follow self-propelled arty units (hummel, Priest etc.) then come infatry-carried arty units (Nebels, M1A1 etc.) then motorized arty such as Stuka or Calliope Jeep and least range have Arty tanks.

We also wanted to adress the complaint which said that flanking heavier units with bigger number of lighter units rarely works due to extremely low chance of weaker guns to penetrate the heavy units even from rear. Guns of medium tanks have now higher chance of penetrating rear of heavy units so when you use micro to flank the opponent you should give you more chance to actually penetrate the tank - applies to axis and allies the same.

Another thing that was critized was reload times, where lighter guns took same, sometimes even longer time to reload than heavier guns - it was one more reason to always rush for heavy tanks because (apart from other advantages such as armor or stronger gun) they reloaded faster than medium tanks. There are some exceptions but in general lighter guns reload faster. On the other hand some heavy guns (Tigers, Panthers, Pershings...) received a range buff of +5 which might not seem as much but it gives you the benefit of first shot against medium tanks, which for these guns usually means a kill.

Possibly the last big gameplay change is addition of a new unit to Wehrmacht - they no longer have PaK36 but instead they have an infatry squad equipped with a grenade shooting rifle GrB39. In terms of anti-vehicle combat this unit has damage output similar to the PaK36 but since they are infantry squad, they have advantages similar to british BOYS - they are more mobile, can cap points, don't need to be manually turned to face the target, but unlike BOYS, this squad cannot use camouflage so they cannot ambush you. This unit will surely stir up the early game meta and will require players to adapt to this change because some of the previously working allied openings won't work so well now. We know this changing the early game meta was one of the intended impacts of this unit.

This update also brings several new aesthetic changes - JustForFun1 shared with us his tank skins for Allied tanks so most of US and CW tanks now look a lot better. Another thanks goes to halftrack who shared with us his model of US M3A1 halftrack which now displays loaded infantry.

I would also like to thank to all of you who participate in the beta testing for reporting bugs and balance issues, thanks to all of you this release is much cleaner than it would have been.

Here comes the changelog:
(entries made in this color are related to the last "white" entry above)

General:
- increased penetration values vs read armor
- artillery units revised:
- changed ranges based on arty type
- created differences between rocket and shell artillery
- artillery deals less damage to vehicles/tanks (except for direct hits, those deal more damage than before)

- revised reload times on tanks (in general smaller guns shoot faster; some exceptions applied)
- Speed modifier buff of all vehicles on off road terrain dropped by 25%
- Speed modifier buff of all vehicles on road dropped by 25%
- Wheeled vehicles lower their speed by 50% when driving over craters and other "light cover"
- Wheeled vehicles lower their speed by 70% when driving over sandbags, through stone walls and other "heavy cover"
- Halftracks lower their speed by 35% when driving over craters and other "light cover"
- Halftracks lower their speed by 50% when driving over sandbags, through stone walls and other "heavy cover"
- Tanks lower their speed by 20% when driving over craters and other "light cover"
- Tanks lower their speed by 35% when driving over sandbags, through stone walls and other "heavy cover"
- Removed "Spotting Scope" upgrades from all units
- All armored cars now have rotation speed set to 35 (from various values)
- Added some tweaks to AI; it should now build emplacements more apropriately (thanks to Sonsalt)
- Fixed wrong Veterancy UI on all versions of 88mm flak36
- All HMG teams should now take better formation in green and yellow cover so that entire crew uses the cover and not just soldier manning the MG
- Axis MG nests now have wider cone of fire (from 45° left/right to 60° left/right)
- Tanks with a "HE shot" ability should no longer have trouble targetting/shooting MG nests with the HE shot in certain situations
- CW campaign should be playable now (thanks to drivebyhobo)
- Implemented new textures for most tanks of Allies (Sherman variations, Cromwells, M10s, Jacksons...Thanks to JustForFun1 for all the work)

US:
Riflemen riflegrenades:
- HE grenade:
- changed targetting system to require select a specific target (no longer can fire "on the ground")
- now performs better at targetting buildings and emplacements (still has hard time hitting infantry that is not garrisoned)
- now has better distributed chances of killing an emplacement crew

- HEAT grenade:
- changed targetting system so that it does not miss more often than intended
- increased damage vs light vehicles

- Airborne Recon unit can now use "Hold Fire" ability when they are camouflaged
- Added "Hold Ground" ability to Airborne Recon squad
- M1 Carbine of 101st now shoots faster at all ranges but has lower accuracy (RoF and accuracy set to same level as M1 Garand of Riflemen, Carbine still keeps lower damage though)
- 101st can now upgrade M1 Garands; 2 rifles for 20ammo, possible to upgrade up to 3x (Garands with same stats as Rangers have - shoot slower but more accurately and with slightly higher chance to one-shot infantry)
- removed the BAR upgrade from 101st
- 101st can now use the "Suppressive fire" ability if they upgrade Johnson 2x
- Increased HP of Sherman 76(W) by 10% (from 636 to 700)
- Lowered price of Sherman 105 to 500MP 65F (from 650MP 80F)
- M26 Pershing will now auto-target infantry with its main gun (same as all other tanks)
- M3A1 Halftrack should now display loaded infantry

CW:
- HE grenade:
- changed targetting system to require select a specific target (no longer can fire "on the ground")
- now performs better at targetting buildings and emplacements (still has hard time hitting infantry that is not garrisoned)
- now has better distributed chances of killing an emplacement crew

- Changed MP upkeep of Comet from ~20 to "8" (used to have upkeep of "20" while Cromwells have 7, Fireflies have 9)

WM:
- Crew of the naked 20mm flak 36 should now properly sit where he should be
- StuG III/IV will now be affected by "Blitzkrieg" ability
- Increased scatter of Maultier (from 20 to 23)
- 37mm Halftrack in HE mode nologner deals too much damage to Stuart-type vehicles
- New model for Elefant implemented (works same as before, only visual change; thanks to Gurdy, Jagdpanther, VanAdrian and Panzerblitz1)
- Geschutzwagen's "Static mode" should no longer dissappear at certain position on maps
- Panzer IV F2 (Terror doc) can now use the "Fire smoke" ability just as the Luft version
- Fixed wrong Veterancy UI on 75mm L48 Halftrack
- Removed 37mm PaK36 from HQ building
- Added new early AT unit to HQ building - Light AT squad:
- 4 men
- 1x MP40, 2xKar98, 1xGrB39
- Abilities: Fire Anti-personnel grenade, Fire 46mm AT grenade, Fire Smoke grenade, Build sandbags/barbedwires
- Point capture speed 0.75
- Cost 240MP

PE:
-Applied new textures to Fallshirmjäger squads (textures by halftrack)
- Increased basic speed of Hotchkiss to 5.5 (from 2.8)
- "Stuka rockets" upgrades for Hotchkiss now reduce its speed to 4.5 and acceleration by 25%
- "Periscopes" unlock in TH doctrine now increases vision of tank hunters when they are in ambush mode
- Henschel air raid will now send maximum of 4-5 planes each time
- Luftwaffe now has special texture for its Sniper (stats/abilities are same as for the SE sniper)
- The Kar98 sniper rifle has now a bit darker texture (was a bit too bright)
- Observation HT and Bergetiger will not have Axis markings on them (did not have any; texture tweak)
- Removed Flank Speed from Hetzers

We hope you'll have fun with this new patch :)

EDIT:
More info on the CW campaign. The campaign is still in sort of "trial" mode to see if it works but we have not returned it to the menu yet. To start the campaign:
1) In main menu click on the AMERICAN campaign
2) Once you get to the "Select mission" screen click on top on the roll-out menu (currently you have shown the US campaign)
3) From the roll-out menu select the CW campaign (you can see there all the campaigns but the others will not work so only go for the CW one)
4) select the first mission and launch the campaign

Note: The campaign still has some minor issues, most noticeably in cutscenes you will see graphical errors (levitating soldiers etc.) but the objectives in the campaign should all be completeable. I also noticed in the 3rd mission (RAF) that the side-objective with Tetrarch glider is bugged but it does not prevent you finishing the mission, also Drivebyhobo is working on a fix already.

EDITII:
Hotfix changelog (30.08.):
- fixed range brackets in Stuka/Nebelwerfer rocket AoE (from 1/5/12/15 to 1/5/9/15)
- fixed bug where Comet had pre-5.1.3 stats
- fixed bug where Staghound had pre-5.1.3 stats
- fixed bug where field medics squad had pre-5.1.3 costs (200MP, fixed to 150MP)
- fixed wrong bonuses on StuG IV (late version) and some JPIV of PE when shooting from camo (now it is +25% penetration, +50% accuracy; it was the other way)
- fixed too fast reload of PIII (and some stubby PIVs too) when using HEAT abilities
- fixed 76mm Jumbo being unable to use the HE ability
- fixes for Priest:
- changed range brackets in Priest AoE (from 1/3/5/7 to 1/3/5/10)
- changed scatter reduction per veterancy level from -10% to -5%

- British campaign is now accessible from the main menu

The New BK Champion

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.5

Post by The New BK Champion »

First

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Great to see ^^
Also looking forward to the next 5.1.6 beta ;)

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

One thing, I know it's late, but greater cool-down for rifle grenades would be good, since it's was and now spammable. With emplacement hit it would be more even drastic.
p.s Steam version got the update?

Solling

Post by Solling »

MarKr wrote:- CW campaign should be playable now (thanks to drivebyhobo)

But I cannot choose the campaign in the start menu. How to start the campaign!?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Solling wrote:But I cannot choose the campaign in the start menu. How to start the campaign!?
Sorry, I forgot to give more info on this. The campaign is still in sort of "trial" mode to see if it works but we have not returned it to the menu yet. To start the campaign:
1) In main menu click on the AMERICAN campaign
2) Once you get to the "Select mission" screen click on top on the roll-out menu (currently you have shown the US campaign)
3) From the roll-out menu select the CW campaign (you can see there all the campaigns but the others will not work so only go for the CW one)
4) select the first mission and launch the campaign

Note: The campaign still has some minor issues, most noticeably in cutscenes you will see graphical errors (levitating soldiers etc.) but the objectives in the campaign should all be completeable. I also noticed in the 3rd mission (RAF) that the side-objective with Tetrarch glider is bugged but it does not prevent you finishing the mission, also Drivebyhobo is working on a fix already.

The New BK Champion

I like the patch so far. No issues and the new at rifle team works out really nice

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Good to hear :)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:p.s Steam version got the update?

Ya, now Bk Mod on Steam should be auto updated.

However, by the moment I'm typing this right now... I think they haven't yet announced the change-log of v5.1.5 on the Steam store page.

EDIT:
Nevermind, they just did.

Mr. FeministDonut

MarKr wrote:Good to hear :)

Just played with Champion. He made short barrel Panzer 3 with HE ammo loaded. Reload takes 1.5-2-5 seconds with HE or without it. This is game breaking currently

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Do you have any more info on it? Veterancy level, active abilities, Tank commander inside etc.? Or perhaps replay saved? Because the HE ammo was not changed at all from 5.1.4 and with the basic ammo it should still have about 5-6 seconds reload time no matter what range you're shooting at. :?

Mr. FeministDonut

MarKr wrote:Do you have any more info on it? Veterancy level, active abilities, Tank commander inside etc.? Or perhaps replay saved? Because the HE ammo was not changed at all from 5.1.4 and with the basic ammo it should still have about 5-6 seconds reload time no matter what range you're shooting at. :?
Attachments
temp.rec
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 290 times

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@Mr. FeministDonut: OK, it is not a problem of reload times. The thing is that The New BK Champion is using a glitch which has been around for some time. I'll try to find some solution for it.

The New BK Champion

MarKr wrote:@Mr. FeministDonut: OK, it is not a problem of reload times. The thing is that The New BK Champion is using a glitch which has been around for some time. I'll try to find some solution for it.

I wasnt even aware that this can happen. I just switched ammo cuz I had HE loaded and faced armored target. Not my fault that this makes the tank shoot so fast.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Mark can you cheek the hotchkiss i think their bombs are doing way too much damage on the AOE zone, Also check stug IV call-in (bk) if its still receives same damage from arty.
Last edited by mofetagalactica on 27 Aug 2018, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What I wanted to say was that the glitch is the source of the problem, not reload times of the HE or the stock ammo. From the perspective of the opponent it is not as easy to tell that you switched to an ability because they don't see the "(ammo type) loaded" message over the tank.

@Mofeta: yes, will check it. Though "too much damage" to what? Infantry? Buildings? Vehicles? Everything?

The New BK Champion

The new hotchkiss mini nuke carrier

15 range distance of AOE
350 damage each rocket
20% 50% 75% 180% damage

So one perfectly hitting rocket can deal 630 damage. Sherman has 700 hp, same as churchill

One-slavoing churchills since 1936

Old stats:

50% 50% 75% 100% aoe damage
max 12 distance

So the hochkiss got unexpected damage and aoe distance buff, nice. Walking stuka buffed the same way too :D

ALL ABROAD THE BLACK CHUBBY ROCKET TRAIN!
Last edited by The New BK Champion on 27 Aug 2018, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. FeministDonut

MarKr wrote:What I wanted to say was that the glitch is the source of the problem, not reload times of the HE or the stock ammo. From the perspective of the opponent it is not as easy to tell that you switched to an ability because they don't see the "(ammo type) loaded" message over the tank.

@Mofeta: yes, will check it. Though "too much damage" to what? Infantry? Buildings? Vehicles? Everything?

Aren't that actually visible? I'm pretty sure I saw HE rounds icon over the tank

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@TNBC: yes, but it is also about at what range in AoE the 180% damage is dealt. I will need to check if I did not leave there too big radius, however all arty got more damage on direct hit. Also rocket arty got more spread so scoring the direct hit should be harder, especially if you're shooting the barrage at a single tank.

@FeministDonut: yes, you can see the ICON of HE over the tank but when you use e.g. the "single HE shot" that many tanks have, you can see above your tank a green TEXT (which disapears in a few seconds) which says something like "high explosive round loaded" - you can see this, opponent cannot. Similar applies to AP shots and other types of special ammo.

mofetagalactica

MarKr wrote:What I wanted to say was that the glitch is the source of the problem, not reload times of the HE or the stock ammo. From the perspective of the opponent it is not as easy to tell that you switched to an ability because they don't see the "(ammo type) loaded" message over the tank.

Everything, i guess the max damage trigger from the aoe is too big? idk, but if a bomb splat someway near (not looking like a direct hit) its still does waaaaaay too much damage

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Thanks for the release. Feels really fresh and rewarding to kill big kitties with more than just airstrikes and arty.

New bug found, the 76 Jumbo from the armor doc can't use HE shots. The ability exists but can't be activated.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

mofetagalactica wrote:Everything, i guess the max damage trigger from the aoe is too big? idk, but if a bomb splat someway near (not looking like a direct hit) its still does waaaaaay too much damage
I am not sure if the visual effect correctly represents the area hit, it is possible that the visual effect of the explosion is bigger/smaller than the actual AoE.

After a quick check of the numbers, a direct hit on a tank should deal quite heavy damage, however even a full-HP halftrack should survive a "near hit" from the rocket. Emplacements take even more damage from direct hits, but should be able to survive non-direct hits (if they have full HP; even better survival chance with improved emplacements unlock of RE). The rockets are very deadly vs infantry, though heavy cover provides relatively good protection and can reduce the damage taken by a lot. However I think the problem is in the range brackets in AoE, I will adjust them so that the damage is distributed in a better way.

kwok wrote:New bug found, the 76 Jumbo from the armor doc can't use HE shots. The ability exists but can't be activated.
OK, I will check it. Thanks for report.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The New BK Champion wrote:The new hotchkiss mini nuke carrier

15 range distance of AOE
350 damage each rocket
20% 50% 75% 180% damage

So one perfectly hitting rocket can deal 630 damage. Sherman has 700 hp, same as churchill

The damage gets reduced in the tt. Now all tanks take 25% less damage from arty (not just the axis tanks). So the damage on direct hit should be 472,5 from a stuka rocket. A close hit actually just 196,875.

The AoE damage brackets are 0-1, 1-5, 5-12, 12-15.
Perhaps it could be 0-1, 1-4, 4-9, 9-15 or so.

Also i know that heavy rocket arty and the smaller one (150 mm nebler) used to have the same AoE in previous versions, which was 12, and got upped now to 15 for both. But i think that the smaller ones should have stayed at 12 AoE. Or at least having less total AoE than the bigger missiles which carried significantly more HE and thus achieved a much greater shrappnel blast radius. Its just a thought.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Mr. FeministDonut

Warhawks97 wrote:
The New BK Champion wrote:The new hotchkiss mini nuke carrier

15 range distance of AOE
350 damage each rocket
20% 50% 75% 180% damage

The damage gets reduced in the tt. Now all tanks take 25% less damage from arty (not just the axis tanks). So the damage on direct hit should be 472,5 from a stuka rocket. A close hit actually just 196,875.

The AoE damage brackets are 0-1, 1-5, 5-12, 12-15.
Perhaps it could be 0-1, 1-4, 4-9, 9-15 or so.

Also i know that heavy rocket arty and the smaller one (150 mm nebler) used to have the same AoE in previous versions, which was 12, and got upped now to 15 for both. But i think that the smaller ones should have stayed at 12 AoE. Or at least having less total AoE than the bigger missiles which carried significantly more HE and thus achieved a much greater shrappnel blast radius. Its just a thought.

It still counts as mini-nukes shells, since as for AI capabilities it got greatly buffed.
Attachments
temp.rec
(3.64 MiB) Downloaded 302 times

mofetagalactica

New bug, comet has still old price.