Is US still weakest in 1v1 and BK overall?

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
Death_Kitty

Is US still weakest in 1v1 and BK overall?

Post by Death_Kitty »

I know AB is viable if you know how to play it (How DO you play it?), but how about infantry or armor, which i have taken a liking to. How good are they, and what are some units they have that stand against late game big cats, or upgraded German infantry. Also is the Pershing worth it?

The New BK Champion

Re: Is US still weakest in 1v1 and BK overall?

Post by The New BK Champion »

If you are good enough you can kill any axis infantry with rifles. 2x 7-men bar rifle squads buffed by capitan > any inf.
The true weakness of US is lack of reliable AT, during all game phases. Pershing is the only AT that doesn't disappoint you in the most heated moments

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The New BK Champion wrote:If you are good enough you can kill any axis infantry with rifles. 2x 7-men bar rifle squads buffed by capitan > any inf.
The true weakness of US is lack of reliable AT, during all game phases. Pershing is the only AT that doesn't disappoint you in the most heated moments

that and the very little options you have when games turn into longer campy/arty games

the arty becomes a bit more competetive in future hopefully when standard 0 cp arty wont have such massive range anymore.

The lack of capbale AT in late game might be less an issue as you get the logistical advantage. The mid phases and switch from mid to late is were US AT capabilities are hurting the most. When stugs and stuff coming out in fairly great numbers.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 01 Aug 2018, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Death_Kitty

Post by Death_Kitty »

wait rifles are 7 men? I thought they were 6?
So Sherman are shitty? Weren't they better than the panzer 4?

So US is still weak as hell. Figures. That's kinda why I gave up on on BK mod to begin with... wanted to play US, but they just didn't have the tools to kill the amazing amount of German bias in BK mod. And I'm kidding a little when I say German bias, as I like to think devs are fair, but I know some of the player-base would scream bloody murder if Germans got nerfed.
Last edited by Death_Kitty on 01 Aug 2018, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

The New BK Champion

Rifles called in by capitan are equipped with bars and 7-men. US is not weak overall, it has very specific weaknesess that are easily exploitable

Death_Kitty

Post by Death_Kitty »

The New BK Champion wrote:Rifles called in by capitan are equipped with bars and 7-men. US is not weak overall, it has very specific weaknesess that are easily exploitable

I would just like to say that you kinda contradicted yourself here: very specific weaknesess that are easily exploitable= weak overall. Can't have one without the other!

The New BK Champion

Ok what I mean is: if you have 17p behing your back, you can go wild with US

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The New BK Champion wrote:Ok what I mean is: if you have 17p behing your back, you can go wild with US

good that you pointed out this great dependency. Same goes for long term arty games.

the 7 Men BAR squad is really a great thing currently. Good backbone unit. The rangers are funny as well to use.

Death_Kitty wrote:wait rifles are 7 men? I thought they were 6?

One of the most discussed topics. But you can be happy that you didnt come earlier. Things used to be much much much worse in this matter. The 76 got a bt better vs tank IV (50/50 pen chance at least), the 57 AT and the Tank IV gun got tuned down a bit vs shermans+ shermans will get more HP in future, Tank IV´s dont shoot faster anymore (reload times got changed in beta so far) and shermans are faster.

That bias you talk about in some areas of the game remains from the old dev team (2014 and earlier). The new devs have done a lot to fix it. The current devs arent biased.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 01 Aug 2018, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Death_Kitty

Post by Death_Kitty »

The New BK Champion wrote:Ok what I mean is: if you have 17p behing your back, you can go wild with US
Take note that i asked about 1v1, and that gun is UK arsenal no?. SO yeah, it still weak in terms of arty and AT... why not give US 90mm AA gun... the US equivalent of the 88?

The New BK Champion

Death_Kitty wrote:
Take note that i asked about 1v1, and that gun is UK arsenal no?. SO yeah, it still weak in terms of arty and AT... why not give US 90mm AA gun... the US equivalent of the 88?

Well in 1vs1 US has huge early game advantage due to op rifles and instantly available mortar. But AT still remains its weakness. And I guess it is how it is balanced.

Do you have working model of 90mm gun?

Death_Kitty

Post by Death_Kitty »

Ah is that what the issue is? Well, no i don't. And i guess it would be a pain to make wouldn't it? It sure would solve some problems though. perhaps tank destroyers like the jackson could be more widespread? Those had the 90mm guns.

The New BK Champion

My friend, I am a humble forum member with literally no power. I may or may not agree with you, but that doesn't change anything. Devs are the gods of this realm. Even if you manage to summon them the chances they dont reject your idea almost instantly are quite slim.
Dont give up tho. Look here, I have recently made a topic myself.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2721
Yet the blessing of god's noticing hasn't been yet bestowed on my humble self. I am still waiting, saying prayers every hour.
Stay strong my friend, one day..... but until then all we have is our faith and devotion.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

IMO, US is much stronger than CW in a 1v1. But overall, Allies aren't designed to be good at 1v1's. Allies are designed to be specialized doctrines meaning they will always have some type of gaping whole in the overall composition in what it can deal with. It is not so much the firepower of their guns as it is their ability to handle situations. If you are facing axis infantry, there are weapons to handle infantry. If you are facing tanks, there are weapons to handle tanks. It's just rock paper scissors and the issue is Axis doctrines are able to play all rock paper and scissors while allies only get 2/3 options.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Death_Kitty

Post by Death_Kitty »

Warhawks97 wrote:

good that you pointed out this great dependency. Same goes for long term arty games.

the 7 Men BAR squad is really a great thing currently. Good backbone unit. The rangers are funny as well to use.

Death_Kitty wrote:wait rifles are 7 men? I thought they were 6?

One of the most discussed topics. But you can be happy that you didnt come earlier. Things used to be much much much worse in this matter. The 76 got a bt better vs tank IV (50/50 pen chance at least), the 57 AT and the Tank IV gun got tuned down a bit vs shermans+ shermans will get more HP in future, Tank IV´s dont shoot faster anymore (reload times got changed in beta so far) and shermans are faster.

That bias you talk about in some areas of the game remains from the old dev team (2014 and earlier). The new devs have done a lot to fix it. The current devs arent biased.

I did come earlier... and I left b/c of what I saw.