No steam version

Do you have a problem with the mod? Ask here for help. But read the pinned topics, so that your request can be dealt quick with.
Strech666

No steam version

Post by Strech666 »

Hello have opposing front v 2.301 how bk mod will works on this version i have no steam version thx

Jalis

Re: No steam version

Post by Jalis »

easiest solution would be to register your opposing front licence on steam.
Install steam if you have not, then clic on add game (lower left corner). Then activate a product on steam : enter your licence key.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TFBN-1352

Strech666

Post by Strech666 »

Dont will steam no friend of this but i will bk mod :lol:

Strech666

Post by Strech666 »

Jalis wrote:easiest solution would be to register your opposing front licence on steam.
Install steam if you have not, then clic on add game (lower left corner). Then activate a product on steam : enter your licence key.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TFBN-1352

Dont will steam no friend of this but i will bk mod :lol:

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I just gave you the simpliest solution.
DVD version allows to play solo, but not multiplayer (except lan).

Steam allows you to play both solo and multi. So there is no reason to not go to steam ... except if you have no licence key. However in the last case it is not bk mod forum (for what I know) purpose to encourage such behaviour.

Anyway bk dont care about peoples who are not multiplayer.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

OK, I will answer that:

1. Playing the current version of BK on "Opposing Fronts v 2.301" is impossible; either patch the game to the current version (there might be patch installers still rolling around the internet) or find an old version of BK (probably harder, all the official mirrors are updated as far as I know).

2. I know only ONE legitimate reason not to just register your game with Steam (which is free and grants you access to the full steam version), and that is having no internet. The only other reason why you couldn't do that is if you're using a pirate copy with an invalid key - in that case, go buy the damn game, here's a Link for you:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/411/
(Hint: The Legacy Edition is the old CoH, still listed and playable for compatibility with various mods, but the regular game is the one you want in order to play BK - you get both of those versions anyway when you buy the game, just be careful to install the right one.)
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Darkone7

Post by Darkone7 »

As i have both installations (steam and separate 2.602)
I used to came across these russian / east europian players with older versions of both the game and mod, once you give them proper instructions and get the latest version (in case of tunngle - 2.602 game and 500 mod) they were really worth the effort. I mean some of them are really really good players with no bullshit like steam pricks' rage quit /spam /rush /glitch. they didn't like steam or didn't have a license i didn't care, but i had really really good matches in tunngle than steam imho. i think strech666 is one such player. i can help him if he replies.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@Darkone7
It's not like we don't know how to help him but the forum rules (which every user is obliged to read and follow) in the point number 3 clearly say there's no warez allowed to discuss here.
And let's face it - people who come here and say they have non-steam version but don't want to register their version on steam, in 99% of cases they have a pirate version. I can understand that not everyone can afford to blow pile of money on games but when there's CoH on sale you can buy the vanilla with both expansions for as little as 4-5 Euro which is (e.g. in my country) equivalent of 4 packs of chips or 5 beers so it is not really expensive.

Anyway, due to forum rules we simply cannot provide answers that are asking about warez.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Just buy the freaking game, the complete edition cost peanuts! less than 10$ https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1350- ... gIKhPD_BwE
If you think 20$ is too expensive on Steam, buy the cd game for half less and enter the serial numbers of your game in Steam to get it.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

It is half a month s pay in Burundi. Hmm perhaps is it the explanation why you have no burundi peoples at BK forum.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Its indeed so freaking ridiculous.