A brief guide on the Early game of American Infantry Doctrine (PVP)

Are you looking for match, a stategy, a tactic or looking for a replay? Stop right here, and look no further.
Henny

A brief guide on the Early game of American Infantry Doctrine (PVP)

Post by Henny »

Greetings BK Mod community, my name is Henny and I will briefly attempt to outline the american infantry doctrine. Hopefully this guide will help to improve your game.

The infantry doctrine is a very newb friendly and straight foward doctrine.

To begin, there are many reasons why you want to pick the infantry doctrine. For example, it is a 2v2 game and you prefer an aggressive play style that will keep the pressure on your opponent and will allow you to capture vital fuel/munition sectors that will effectively deny your opponent a late game ( Panther G's, Panzer 4's, etc).

In a 3v3 game, the infantry doctrine shine's mainly through the fact that it is VERY versatile early game and will allow you to counter all (If not most) of the current meta axis doctrines (Luft, SE, Terror). This allows you to potentially end the game before the 30 minute mark which is when your opponent has enough command points to spam those pesky big cats.

Infantry doctrine also provides:

- Artillery pieces to harass campers that spam PAK and snipers waiting for the late game
-Jumbo Sherman to destroy ANY infantry squads that axis can throw at you ( Breakthrough tank), you can literally end the game with a well planned Jumbo sherman assault supported with infantry, halftracks and artillery.
- Gozu bazooka upgrade that kills Panzer IV H's, stugs, Terror Tiger, Panther G's (although you have to be a bit more crafty to accomplish this)
- Cheap weapon upgrades, mortar emplacement, cheap infantry upgrades, 105 mm Howitzer sherman, etc etc etc

- Compared to the AB and Armor american docs, infantry doc is the deadliest doc in my opinion in the early stages of the game (Off map arty + Jumbo sherman combo is only 4 CP, compared to AB doc you need CP just to unlock your backbone infantry)

Early game in a standard resource game you want to follow the typical lineup which is :
1. Build barracks 2. Jeep 3. 37mm Anti tank 4. 2x Riflemen 5. Infantry support building 6. Motor pool.

This lineup will allow you massive versatility in the beginning stages of the game, use these units to constantly attack. Get a sniper or the infantry doc mortar if you are facing MG42's, snipers, etc. After getting your motor pool, you want to build a 57mm Halftrack or a Greyhound which will allow you to counter those scout car's, PUMA's, and mortar halftracks.

After this, you should be constantly harassing your opponent through attacks in his weak sectors ( get Spotters !! important), constantly denying those resources. You should also get 1x Bazooka team to deal with Stug's.

After you farmed some CP, the first upgrade you should get is the artillery call in. Use this ability to smash infantry blobs or destroy those vital defensive points. If you are up against a tricky PE player, you SHOULD use your arty call in on his mortar halftrack. This will cost him precious fuel and MP.

After getting the arty call in , your next upgrade is the JUMBO SHERMAN. With HE munition upgrade and a tank commander, this tank will simply ROLL through any squad you encounter. Jumbo shermans strike fear into the heart of any axis player and they know this.

This was it for my brief guide, but these are the main key points:

-Get arty call in --> Jumbo sherman --> Arty pieces if they are camping, or go for CQB squad tree to get call in rangers.
- End the game early ! Kill his Stug's/Hetzers with your 57mm HT and Zooka teams and his infantry with your jumbo sherman. Push him to his base. Punish him for picking terror.
- Captain call in riflemen. Get 2x of these guys. These will form your backbone. Suppress ability and high rate of fire for fire superiority.

Last edited by Henny on 10 Apr 2018, 22:59, edited 2 times in total.
Dankman is a good guy

Shanks

Re: A brief guide on the Early game of American Infantry Doctrine (PVP)

Post by Shanks »

def and SE doc are just as good as doc inf, or better (would be a good option vs doc inf in 2v2, and in 3v3 up to TH could do mashed potatoes to doc inf ... I just wanted to add this)

Henny

Post by Henny »

Shanks wrote:def and SE doc are just as good as doc inf, or better (would be a good option vs doc inf in 2v2, and in 3v3 up to TH could do mashed potatoes to doc inf ... I just wanted to add this)

Would you care to explain your reasoning? One would think that you would pick tank hunter to defeat tank's and not infantry :D
Dankman is a good guy

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Henny wrote:
Shanks wrote:def and SE doc are just as good as doc inf, or better (would be a good option vs doc inf in 2v2, and in 3v3 up to TH could do mashed potatoes to doc inf ... I just wanted to add this)

Would you care to explain your reasoning? One would think that you would pick tank hunter to defeat tank's and not infantry :D

use the hotckiss (only 50 of ammunition for 4 deadly stuka) + inf PE + heavy and medium tanks (with HE) + mortar ... they have to be consecutive attacks, without giving respite to USA: kick the butt of your inf doc, probably .... the hotckiss is not exactly just to damage emplacement and kill "jumbo", you can also kill a large number of enemy infantry and light vehicles, the infantry of PE, always has an important function when cleaning emplacement also , especially the special troop that has a sniper, this infantry will be a good support vs inf enemy and bazuka or other units, when you want to advance with armored, you could do other movements, but I think that this is the basic strategy of TH vs inf doc. .. it would also be good if you have 2 hoctkiss vs inf doc

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Also most TH doctrine's tank destroyers has the "Mark Target" ability which makes the targetted unit easier to hit by 25%. What many people don't realize is that the targetted unit is easier to hit by anything that shoots at it (so not only by the unit that used the ability) + you can use the ability even on infantry units. So if you support your TD with infantry, then the TD protects the infantry from vehicles and can make any infantry around easier to hit for it's own supporting infantry, making up for TD's lack of own anti-infantry measures such as HE shots or top MGs. If you have Assault Grenadiers upgraded with LMG and keep the Kar98s (which were buffed few patches ago for Assault Grens) then they can shred enemy infantry really fast even from distance.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:Also most TH doctrine's tank destroyers has the "Mark Target" ability which makes the targetted unit easier to hit by 25%. What many people don't realize is that the targetted unit is easier to hit by anything that shoots at it (so not only by the unit that used the ability) + you can use the ability even on infantry units. So if you support your TD with infantry, then the TD protects the infantry from vehicles and can make any infantry around easier to hit for it's own supporting infantry, making up for TD's lack of own anti-infantry measures such as HE shots or top MGs.

Which is why I have always believed that this ability shouldn't be free to use.

Henny

Post by Henny »

shameless bump to spread knowledge
Dankman is a good guy

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Shanks wrote:
Henny wrote:

use the hotckiss (only 50 of ammunition for 4 deadly stuka) + inf PE + heavy and medium tanks (with HE) + mortar ... they have to be consecutive attacks, without giving respite to USA: kick the butt of your inf doc, probably .... the hotckiss is not exactly just to damage emplacement and kill "jumbo", you can also kill a large number of enemy infantry and light vehicles, the infantry of PE, always has an important function when cleaning emplacement also , especially the special troop that has a sniper, this infantry will be a good support vs inf enemy and bazuka or other units, when you want to advance with armored, you could do other movements, but I think that this is the basic strategy of TH vs inf doc. .. it would also be good if you have 2 hoctkiss vs inf doc

this strategy will work fine now, very well - hotchkiss OP

do not revive the old post .... it's a joke, I also do it ... it's also a good explanation of doc inf, it would be nice if a new player sees it