Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Changelog Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@Sukin;
U always keep playing with the same guys every time and almost also on the same map leading usually to the same team fighting scenario as each time too! o.O While actually u think that there are no players in the whole Bk mod except those as they are the only best...
Who told u I never played AB?? I played them quite often and also I fought them several times during many 2vs2s and 1vs1s games, so claiming that only 4 players come to choose the AB doc from time to time is clearly a false speech..

I know u can't deny that I played with most of the Bk mod players unlike u sadly. And I can confirm that there are a lot of players whom u even never heard of but actually they are very good as well regarding them to be included through the best!

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Lol, new m1 carabine? Against squads with 6 mp 44? No thanks.

@Tiger
Ok, are you must be really "pro ab daddy" after several battles against newbies, ready for 1v1 me terror vs your AB than?

Krieger Blitzer

Against newbies??? At all, but I just don't like however to mention or list the names of those whom I killed through my 1vs1s!!! But huh, did I assume that u r a noob or something to say such a thing?! Hey u.. one more time... All what I said is that there are several players who are very good although that they don't play so frequently like us.
And finally I guess u already know that I don't like to just challenge like this way!

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

1vs1 isn't really telling anything.

Agreed with what MarKr said + nobody said that these are final, cost reducement is still in the game, I assume that it might get as low as 400MP. Also don't forget that weapons will now stay on squad until death and that carbines are getting a buff. Also lots of kills are made by flame nades, which are not changed.

But seriously, stop telling me that there are 4 or whatever number players of airborne, my old teammate played almost exclusively AB and was damn good at it, even without changes which were made. One of my last 2 games was some random guy (around 300 games iirc) who played AB just fine too... so no, telling me that "only xyz, only this will be played" etc. is big nono for me as argument, because its just false, you are not the only ones playing BK.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Of course you dont) Thats not a game on Autry with endless fuel, where you steamrolling new guys with Tigers. All community know, that you are mister 1 doc, 1 tactic, guy tiger, as for maps your words are even more funny, because all your maps are: Langres, Duclair, Wolfheze and autry, if teammate trying to choose another one with more buildings you always starting cry that here "my tigers will be flanked and killed by inf, i need fields! Or, here not much fuel!"

@Mark
Very good that you still supporting bk mod, big thx to you and Wolf, BUT, why you cant make a patch with fixing things without destroying other stuff? I mean that you never have a full view on game. Last patch for ex, there was a problem with early pz4 domination, ok, you buffed alies and this problem could dissapear ( better recoiless, hellcat in 1 more doc, finally Armor doc can field tanks earlier and in larger numbers ) but nooooo, you fixed alies together with breaking axis, that means double nerf for axis side, now first pz4 comes when at team and paks are behind every corner ( ask warhawks about his last 3v3, his pz4s did a really "good" rush there ). Maybe there werent suppose to make 101s with 6mgs, but its a way in what this docs works, dont touch a working system, why the hell will i choose special inf doc when this inf will be shreded by axis basics?
This mistake will be similar to wolfs fail patch where he riped terror doc with nerfing kch and limiting nebels, after that doc almost dissapeared in big games (but thx that you finally revived it, thats the right way in updating!)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

You and Warhawks are truly masters of catastrophic scenarios, that this doctrine will not be played, or will only be played, or almost dissapeared etc. Again, you are not the only ones playing the game.

PZIV comes only 1CP late and only if you aim for the mass production, recoilesses were buffed only very slightly (+ its only airborne), no changes on PAK or AT teams, so almost nothing changed on that part. As PZIVs in BK doc still come early and still are very good overall in doctrine, I don't consider it bad. Limiting nebels was right, 5 nebels on the edge of the map with constant fire for 35 munni (or free before) isn't the right way to play.

AB is currently a bit more shifted to use airstrikes, especially if we fix the AAs. Engis are more useful, 82nds will probably get these additional 2 slots like you wanted, they got hellcat last patch, so I don't think that AB is that bad currently. Some of things are still very underused (calli jeep, mortar offmap). And even overall, you have 82nds, which are pretty good, so why such focus on 101st and their 6 mgs? What I dislike about AB is that its kind of blobbing doctrine by design, I would like to change that a bit.

If something was bad, and I am sorry for that - was oversight in Jeep vs Schwimm / Schwimm overall. But again, people are reporting stuff with jeep that had to be there for like ages, but suddenly its too good (like vs HTs / SC) which I don't think, so its kinda hard to predict some stuff.

Krieger Blitzer

Rolling 'new guys' with Tigers??? OMG!!! I can't reply this seriously... LOL! U must have forgotten a lot for a while.. or maybe u r just actually trying to offend those 'expert' guys whom I rammed with Tigers few months ago by claiming that they are just noobs.
But oh well, I was for a long time honestly playing only with Tigers; that's true! But I guess that also since a long time this is no longer a fact anymore as that now I am used to several other tactics.

Anyways, I think that Wolf is just doing it right however that I do still believe that lowering the AB prices wouldn't be a good idea.

Erich

Post by Erich »

''The American M41 Johnson LMG has many parallels with the contemporary FG 42. Both had in-line stocks, fed from the left side, and both fired from the open bolt in automatic mode and closed bolt in semi-automatic mode.''

well... nerf reg 5 too then or 6 fg42 make more sense than 6 johnson? i think is balanced, on side has 6 johnson and the other side also has 6 fg42.

Krieger Blitzer

I don't think FG42s 'in Bk mod' are anyhow a counter to Johnsons as that each are from a different category there while definitely the Johnsons would actually out perform FG42s on most cases btw.
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 06 Mar 2015, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Falles are limited to 2, falles gets veterancy slower, are more costly, dont have fhq to retreat to etc... these are just different unit. They are supposed to be in elites group, unlike 101st who are more basic than elite.

Erich

Post by Erich »

Lmao.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Lol, new m1 carabine? Against squads with 6 mp 44? No thanks.

I meant it more in the context of "but 101st gets killed easily by basic infantry like Volks" I don't think this will the case anymore.

why you cant make a patch with fixing things without destroying other stuff?

Because it's nearly impossible to predict all possible consequences of even the smallest changes - I already described what was the problem with Schwimm and the consequence of changing the armor type couldn't have been anticipated especially so when the same armor type worked fine on Bike for god-knows-how long.
Anyway changing Schimm's armor type was my idea so sorry for the trouble there but I still stand behind what I just wrote - what happend to Schwimms "fragileness" makes no logical sense even now :/

I mean that you never have a full view on game.

While I'm sure you do...

now first pz4 comes when at team and paks are behind every corner

So when the PIVs were delayed by 1CP, this one CP gives the Allies enough time to build tons of AT guns and Zook teams? Seriously? Also wasn't Warhawks who said that the 1CP delay is ok?

Maybe there werent suppose to make 101s with 6mgs, but its a way in what this docs works, dont touch a working system,

So if in the same way (via a bug) Grenadiers were able to upgrade 6x lmg42 it would be ok? I mean it would be balanced by the ammount of munition thus it would work so the "dont touch a working system" would apply here too?

Sukin-kot (SVT)

1) Grens non doc unit
2) Lmg.42 cant be compared to Johnson because perfomance is absolutely different (as mentioned, Johnson kinda counterpart to fg42)
3) Grens are cheaper.
4) Axis docs are versitatie, together with grens you can have tanks, arty, off map abilities and etc., when AB is only about inf and some airstrikes.
5) Grens are much more resistant to any kind of fire.

so, your statement about them with 6 mg42 is legit as fuck of course.

About Pz, i meant that alied buffs were already enough to solve pz problem, but together with CP delayed its overnerf again.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

1) Grens non doc unit
2) Lmg.42 cant be compared to Johnson because perfomance is absolutely different (as mentioned, Johnson kinda counterpart to fg42)
3) Grens are cheaper.
4) Axis docs are versitatie, together with grens you can have tanks, arty, off map abilities and etc., when AB is only about inf and some airstrikes.
5) Grens are much more resistant to any kind of fire.

I was trying to point at the "it's bugged but it works so why to fix it" logic but OK, bad example...so Lee-enfield commandos with 6x Bren?
1) Doc specific
2) Brens are worse than FG42s but still closer than lmg42
3) Lee-enfield commandos cost 500MP
4) Well, here you have infantry, airstrikes and tanks but still closer than Axis docs
5) Same infatry types, same resistances
I don't mean to oppose at any cost but as I said - the logic of "it's bugged but it works so why to fix it" is just fundemantaly wrong and it would be better to improve other aspects of this doctrine rather than just keeping alive a bug that makes a certain kind of infantry stronger than it's meant to be.

About Pz, i meant that alied buffs were already enough to solve pz problem, but together with CP delayed its overnerf again.

Do you realize that the upkeep stuff, US armor upgrade cost changes were demanded by you guys and especially CP cost changes were made only because you demanded it (not sure if suskin-kokt but I think Tiger and Warhawks)?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Do you realize that the upkeep stuff, US armor upgrade cost changes were demanded by you guys and especially CP cost changes were made only because you demanded it (not sure if suskin-kokt but I think Tiger and Warhawks)?

Which is still irelevant, as the main problem was that it was too early, but now, 1CP more, there is suddenly lots of AT (on which nothing changed) everywhere? "now first pz4 comes when at team and paks are behind every corne" is just wrong, not true and EVEN if, then we didn't really change anything on that.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Puh.... so much stuff in such short time:D cool.

what i really like: "What I dislike about AB is that its kind of blobbing doctrine by design, I would like to change that a bit." I like to hear that. We had that with RAF and Luftwaffe once and we fixed it. AB is currently the last "blobbing arround" doc. I would also like to see this doc better playable in various ways and esspecially combining the stuff this doc provides now better (weapon drops, Hellcats, HQ´s etc). I´ve been playing AB doc and 101st with just 2 lmgs (as i already knew that this 6 lmgs wont work anymore) and i hadnt so many problems. As i said the biggest problem is that the 101st is like a rifle squad for 450 which makes it hard to use. If they get dropped too late in game they will get slaughtered by already veted enemie inf. but when dropped too early the 450 mp eats up the entire mp reserve for a unit that will be outnumbered. As i said a drop cost down to 400 would be good.

And calli jeep underused?oO... i dont think so. Ive been playing some games with AB where we had no CW arty doc (and instead RE or RAF) and the calli jeep did a nice job as first allied arty unit. Calli jeep is ok and the fastest arty in game. It can drive quickly close to the enemie and bomb them with 12 missiles and escape.

If the oberservation squad could observe with binoculars that would be really nice. 180 mp for a unit that is needed to drop further expensive stuff is a lot actually and recons cant get deployed behind enemie lines. The AB is really able to fight anywhere on the map and dropping everything needed (except tanks but jeeps can be deployed from AHQ). Just no reccons or good recconassaince.

Oh and the engineers dropped for 320 MP from AHQ cant get equiped with minesearchers of flamethrowers which makes them pretty useless and AB operations are easily stopped by sd2. Add minesweaper upgrade pls. They are currently 320 mp for nothing.

@sukin: The cheap Tank IV´s do work very well and note that i could get so many ostwinds coz of that. Also you knew my tactic so i unlocked stormtoopers first. Thing is that crimax and wurf are not the kind of players playing very aggressivley and crimax wrote me that in steam. So for a long time there was just no real fight and thus ve got no CP´s. Running alone with tanks in offense without aggressive support would have been pointless and i do simply adjust my gamestyle to those of my mates. The First tank IV´s got lost stupidly (and due to weird pathfinding). Sure allied can have some better AT now when tank IV comes but thats the point as in previous patch the Tank IV storm couldnt be really countered or just hardly (you guys had basically been the only who succeeded to stop them) which was simply wrong. Also theinitial situation for the Tank IV´s has changed. usually they came as kind of finisher when allied had been already under pressure 50 mm paks, scout vehicles and mortars. Right now ist not the case since Offensive axis power in early game got weakend since jeep can effectively stop axis inf that is one the push.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

It appears the 4.8.0.0 complete and 4.8.1.0 installers have been removed from the ModDB page, still may drive Underground Supply of this version, good thing they are on my Mediafire. :x

Mods based on this version will be kept alive.

Krieger Blitzer

Good to see that the AB Strafing run aircraft is now costing a bit more again as that actually the AB doc have those supply drops which they can gain both ammo and fuel from.. as well as they can surely share this with their ally or even with their enemy sometimes! :D

However that honestly I guess I can't greet u for that 101st AB squads MP price that is called to be just a 'slight' reduction, as that these units currently are probably the only to be able to not fear the 'Tigerphobia' by using the charge running ability although that they aren't supposed to be anyhow elite as u already know... But anyways!! All the rest are fine indeed ;)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

However that honestly I guess I can't greet u for that 101st AB squads MP price that is called to be just a 'slight' reduction, as that these units currently are probably the only to be able to not fear the 'Tigerphobia' by using the charge running ability although that they aren't supposed to be anyhow elite as u already know

Oh, come on...101st start with normal Sprint ability which lowers suppression levels but doesn't ignore it completely. They get the Fire Up ability at level 3 iirc and they still are quite expensive and unless they get weapon upgrades they do not excel that much in anything and weapon upgrades are not that cheap either.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
However that honestly I guess I can't greet u for that 101st AB squads MP price that is called to be just a 'slight' reduction, as that these units currently are probably the only to be able to not fear the 'Tigerphobia' by using the charge running ability although that they aren't supposed to be anyhow elite as u already know

Oh, come on...101st start with normal Sprint ability which lowers suppression levels but doesn't ignore it completely. They get the Fire Up ability at level 3 iirc and they still are quite expensive and unless they get weapon upgrades they do not excel that much in anything and weapon upgrades are not that cheap either.

yes, normal sprint and first with vet 3 sprint removes suppression (tigerphobia is suppressing enemies and even tanks). Most inf units in game can remove suppression with vet 3 and 101st is not an exception and shouldnt and Tigerphobia suppresses everything arround the tank without any cost or bullets fired and instantly.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

Tiger1996 wrote:Good to see that the AB Strafing run aircraft is now costing a bit more again as that actually the AB doc have those supply drops which they can gain both ammo and fuel from.. as well as they can surely share this with their ally or even with their enemy sometimes! :D

However that honestly I guess I can't greet u for that 101st AB squads MP price that is called to be just a 'slight' reduction, as that these units currently are probably the only to be able to not fear the 'Tigerphobia' by using the charge running ability although that they aren't supposed to be anyhow elite as u already know... But anyways!! All the rest are fine indeed ;)

Supply drops cost 300 MP, as well as requiring the 180 MP observer squad, and have an extremely long cooldown time.

Erich

Post by Erich »

Now fallschrim and gebirs are getting vet a bit fast so why nerf 101st?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What nerf are you talking about? 101st got price decrease, basic weapon buff...

Krieger Blitzer

@Erich; U think that 2 Johnsons now instead of 6 ones.. is a 'nerf' or what?! o.O It was mainly a bug 'fix' btw...

Erich

Post by Erich »

i really want to see 2 johnson against 6 stgs,2 mg42. Well...i want to see as will be.

tiger i know it is a bug,but as many people say 'it is the only way to face axis inf'' lol,i dont agree,just do not like the fact reg5 still have 6fg42. fg42 is a support weapon like mg42,johnson,.30 not a main weapon like k98 or m1 garand.