Super pershing call-in

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
mofetagalactica

Super pershing call-in

Post by mofetagalactica »

Hello,sooo... i have been playing quite a few games lately againts a lot of peopple that used the SP and as PE or Axis i really never had any problem to kill this monstruosity of tank that the SP is, since axis has such a huge arsenal in his pocket to deal againts such tank and once you get to kill it its a huuuuuuge backdraw for the oponent, so i was thinking what about making some changes to this SP-call in hability and make it 1 with the AS pershing call-in.
So pretty much the SP will still be only able to be called once but once it gets destroyed next time you use it only ACE pershings will be arriving to the field. I always think it was dumb to just loss your call-in hability once it gets destroyed after u expended so much time and effort for the cp's.
Let me know what do you think guys.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Super pershing call-in

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hmm, I'm OK with the suggestion.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

mofetagalactica wrote:Hello,sooo... i have been playing quite a few games lately againts a lot of peopple that used the SP and as PE or Axis i really never had any problem to kill this monstruosity of tank that the SP is, since axis has such a huge arsenal in his pocket to deal againts such tank and once you get to kill it its a huuuuuuge backdraw for the oponent, so i was thinking what about making some changes to this SP-call in hability and make it 1 with the AS pershing call-in.
So pretty much the SP will still be only able to be called once but once it gets destroyed next time you use it only ACE pershings will be arriving to the field. I always think it was dumb to just loss your call-in hability once it gets destroyed after u expended so much time and effort for the cp's.
Let me know what do you think guys.

great idea! I totally agree :P

Vega1707
Global Moderator

Post by Vega1707 »

yeah I would like that, too :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Then the difference between SP and Pershing ace option will be so marginal. Why not just remove the one-time option all together?

Though I’m with Warhawks in removing the SP entirely. As a unit it doesn’t fit the themes of the USA faction.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

I think the SP does not cause any balance issues though, and therefore I think it can just stay since it's a cool unit too...
Despite that I am also not against removing it! However, this might then require huge adjustments to several doctrines.. and that's not really something worthy in my humble opinion, given the current state of the development and the age of the mod.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Imo, SP call in just once reason, is only historical. Just because it was a rare vehicle, a prototype, and fielded at the very end WW2.

From a balance point of view it is more or less a KT alter ego.

Tormoz

Post by Tormoz »

I like it.

I am Zadoff, forgot old acc.

Commissar

Post by Commissar »

Good fresh idea. I am for it.

Volksgrenadiers

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

Why not but from history side that tank was used only 1 in ww2 not even so if it should be in game its like 50/50 but i would rathe change US M7Priest for British Sexton II...

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

From history side Germans paratroopers were normal infantry after crete in 1941. That means no paradroop reinforcement. FG 42 was unusable as full auto weapon and was used as single shot weapon.

From history side, allies air superiorty was so overhelming that chance for a german ground attack plane to reach its target and succeed in its mission was about 5 per cent. Do you propose to remove planes for PE Luftwaffe ?

You are right, this tank should not be in the game, but it is already part of the mod.

Usually history side is mentioned if it fit someone argumentation, but downgraded to irrevelant status if it hurt the same particular lobby.

I rarely saw fair discusion around history at bk mod..

Krieger Blitzer

Just to clarify, according to Mofeta's suggestion... SP will be still available to use only once.. however, when it's killed, the player will have access to Pershing ACE. Which is a very good idea so far! As I personally hate when Armor doctrine players just give up or surrender once the SP is destroyed.
So, this suggestion will give the Armor doc players some hope to continue with Jacksons and Pershing ACE after the SP is no longer available...

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Id just remove SP/ACE reward ability.

Just make it as Mofeta says, there is basically no point of having that REWARD abiility.

If its possible, ACE should become available after opening SP.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

That's something definitive I guess, I think you don't even have to point it out! I mean it's clear enough for everyone.
As there is no way to allow the Pershing ACE to be available after the SP except by first removing the reward SP item form the customize menu... :)

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I meant if its possible from technical point of view.

So basically, if you unlock SP - all after build Persnings are ACE's.

But current situation makes it for few ways only, its either removing SP (which id go), or removing its 1time call abitility (unit call in is expensive enough to do so).
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Krieger Blitzer

I think it's possible from a technical point of view to remove the reward item, then simply to allow the Pershing ACE call-in after the "only once available" SP is destroyed... Though, I still might be wrong.. but maybe MarKr has more to say regarding this.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Topic defib :? :lol:

About the implementation of said idea; it might be possible to have two separate call-in abilities, one for the SP and one for the Ace. Just make them share both their cooldown and unit cap and you're set.
This would allow the player even greater freedom to adapt the battlefield than with a reward unit. You could unlock the SP, then notice that the enemy has a lot of AT and opt to call in a reusable Ace instead. Keep your joker for when it's really needed, y'know?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I dont want to lose my persing ace and first waste 2000mp on a useless tank first. I would appricate it if I could disable the SP in the reward menu.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Tor

Post by Tor »

Diablo wrote:Topic defib :? :lol:

About the implementation of said idea; it might be possible to have two separate call-in abilities, one for the SP and one for the Ace. Just make them share both their cooldown and unit cap and you're set.
This would allow the player even greater freedom to adapt the battlefield than with a reward unit. You could unlock the SP, then notice that the enemy has a lot of AT and opt to call in a reusable Ace instead. Keep your joker for when it's really needed, y'know?

You are the best.