Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Changelog Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Wolf
Administrator

Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.8.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Wolf »

- LAUNCHER Will no longer delete everything in your Blitzkrieg folder after new patch installation
- LAUNCHER Will now show warnings when not being run from CoH root directory instead of immediate exit
- LAUNCHER Will no longer create unnecessary directories in Blitzkrieg folder
- LAUNCHER Will now determine installed version from Blitzkrieg module file
- LAUNCHER Added cleanup Blitzkrieg folder button
- US Increased airborne m1 carbine damage output
- US Rebalanced Jeep
- US Increased Johnson slot_size to 2, unit will no longer be able to have 6 Johnsons
- US Increased strafe and AP strafe ability cost from 115 to 125 munnition
- US 101st, 82nd and HQ squad have now "Sub-menu" and can still use basic grenades even after "Flame grenades" unlock
- US 101st cost reduced from 450MP to 415MP
- US 101st added "Suppression Fire" ability if equiped with at least 2 BARs
- US 82nd added a "Throw Smoke Grenade" ability (cost: 20 munitions)
- US 82nd increased item slots from 2 to 4
- US HQ squad has increased command aura range (from 40 to 60)
- US HQ squad has now the ability to retreat to AHQ
- US Para Engineers can now buy a Minesweeper upgrade
- US Removed "hold space" from AHQ - can no longer garrison squads
- US Fixed Calliope model didn't show sandbags after upgrade
- US Fixed 60mm mortar offmap damage
- CW Infantry section now can buy upgrades properly
- CW Fixed dingo not showing weapon and non working sound
- CW Added VT ability to CW arty doctrine dingo
- CW Arty recon infantry, dingo and recce now have shared VT timer
- CW Decreased vehicle VT ability range
- CW Increased infantry VT ability range
- CW Mortar emplacement did not show its health properly after recrew
- WH Added fuel upkeep to Marder I and III (same as PE)
- WH Fixed fragmentation sleeve grenade could have been thrown without cover
- PE Fallschirmjaegers will get veterancy levels a bit faster
- PE Gebirgsjaegers will get veterancy levels a bit faster
- PE Rebalanced schwimmwagen
- PE FW190 "ghost" recon fly fixed
- PE FW190 crash model bug fixed
- PE Decreased Panther D fuel cost from 120 to 110
- ALL Tank commanders should not die with tanks anymore
- ALL 37mm guns can now fire with 1 man crew left, with decreased accuracy and increased reload time
- ALL Additional weapons into the "new drop" pool
- ALL Arty weapons should destroy tracks/engine a bit less often

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.7.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Why do you change the jeep effectiveness? the sidecare is ripping off units in game...
The Bren carrier when updated with Boy at rifles & bren's got a sound probem as well, the bren sound is off.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

PE scout cars could be easily countered specifically on high res games as u can build AT squads right at the start!

Wake

Post by Wake »

What's wrong with the jeep? It is fine right now. It easily suppresses early axis infantry and kills them soon after. Just like the bike, schwimm, and scout car do. Remember the jeep costs more than a bike and lacks all the repair and special abilities of the schwimm.

All the axis have to do to counter the jeep is build an AT gun. All allied players have to do this already. Most axis players are just too cocky and not used having to build AT so early in the game.

OR, the axis could also just put their infantry in cover. But that never occurs to most axis players either. They expect their german infantry to be just fine without cover.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The Bren carrier when updated with Boy at rifles & bren's got a sound probem as well, the bren sound is off.

The Bren is changed - you can upgrade BOYS or Vickers (real Vickers not another Bren gun) but the pintle Bren was removed because of the problem you speak about.

What's wrong with the jeep? It is fine right now.

For some reason it kills Schwimms too fast..or at least faster than it should...

Wake

Post by Wake »

Alright, sure, make the schwimm better vs jeep, but don't take away it's current anti-infantry capabilities.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Ok, ive played all three units now. The schwimm is weak against jeep, ok, but the effectivness against inf is still far better. The resistant against rifle fire isnt bad. At least i had no probs with enemie riflefire with schwimm. They smash all inf except those have green cover but thats ok. Non of these small unarmored recconassaince vehicles should stay concentrated rifle fire for a long time. Before increasing HP of any of them rather keep it as it is or reduce them even. Only the 1 vs 1 of schwimm and jeep could be slightly better balanced. Then it would be fine..... not more HP to any of these.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

MarKr wrote:

The Bren is changed - you can upgrade BOYS or Vickers (real Vickers not another Bren gun) but the pintle Bren was removed because of the problem you speak about.

What's wrong with the jeep? It is fine right now.

For some reason it kills Schwimms too fast..or at least faster than it should...

Cool fix for the Bren unit.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

question about the carabine buff.... how would it look like? coz it should not become superior to Garand on distant/long/medium range.... it can be better at close range as garand but the carabine simply wasnt a great weapon.... idk how you imagine to buff it to improve squads effectivness.... i am afraid a bit that carabine becomes better as the normal garand rifle.

Wake

Post by Wake »

What about just making the airborne more accurate or shooting faster? They were America's most elite infantry after all. They were arguably better than the rangers, and in the mod they cost a lot more than the rangers do.

Krieger Blitzer

AB units were the most elite infantry of Americans during the ww2?? Hmm, Really???!!! I doubt... Rangers definitely were. But somehow the AB squads of 101st in Bk mod with Johnsons are now currently capable already of eating all Axis elite inf btw!
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 28 Feb 2015, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Tiger1996 wrote:AB units were the most Elite infantry of Americans during the ww2?? Really???!!! I doubt... Rangers definitely were. But somehow the AB 101st with Johnsons are now already capable of eating all Axis Elite inf btw!

They were more or less equal. Maybe the rangers were a little bit better. But the fact is, in the game, Rangers cost 360 MP while 101st cost 450 MP. The rangers are actually much better in combat until the airborne get their 6 LMG's and vet upgrade. But is the simple fact that the airborne can parachute worth the additional 90 MP for a worse unit compared to rangers?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

question about the carabine buff.... how would it look like? coz it should not become superior to Garand on distant/long/medium range.... it can be better at close range as garand but the carabine simply wasnt a great weapon.... idk how you imagine to buff it to improve squads effectivness.... i am afraid a bit that carabine becomes better as the normal garand rifle.

I am sure somebody will pull out the "realism" argument on me for this but anyway - Even if it were a crappy weapon does it really matter if the game makes it perform better than it did in reality? Who will stop during an intense fight, let the game go on, zoom in on the 101st unit and start ranting "OMG such an unreal BS! An M1 Carabine could never hit a target at this range so precisely!" I mean, if it makes the squad perform better and makes it usable without that "6x Johnson upgrade for 270 munition" it's agood thing, right? Also isn't the soldier who fires the gun also an important factor? Wouldn't an elite trained 101st member perform better with M1 Carabine than a rookie rifleman with M1 Garand?

I'm not absolutely sure but I think the Carabine got some buf to accuracy and quite a good buff to damage (still has less damage on average than Garand thoug)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:

I am sure somebody will pull out the "realism" argument on me for this but anyway - Even if it were a crappy weapon does it really matter if the game makes it perform better than it did in reality? Who will stop during an intense fight, let the game go on, zoom in on the 101st unit and start ranting "OMG such an unreal BS! An M1 Carabine could never hit a target at this range so precisely!" I mean, if it makes the squad perform better and makes it usable without that "6x Johnson upgrade for 270 munition" it's agood thing, right? Also isn't the soldier who fires the gun also an important factor? Wouldn't an elite trained 101st member perform better with M1 Carabine than a rookie rifleman with M1 Garand?

I'm not absolutely sure but I think the Carabine got some buf to accuracy and quite a good buff to damage (still has less damage on average than Garand thoug)

ok. But just saying that it would be strange when 6 AB ranger with a weapon made for close combat performs better as an elite ranger squad with M1 Garand at long/distant range. I know that M1 has very low bullet damage which needs a buff but just saying to be carefull.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Increase pls weapon slots for 82s, its the only elite inf squad which have only 2 weapons what is very weird, you cant even pick up mp44 if already have 2 zooks.

Krieger Blitzer

Can u remove ground fire ability from all the AT inf squads as well???

Wake

Post by Wake »

Tiger1996 wrote:Can u remove ground fire ability from all the AT inf squads as well???

No, people use this to knock down walls and such. One example is on Lyon, there is a point completely surrounded by walls and a gate. The only way to get inside is by crushing the walls with a tank or blowing up the gate with a rocket from an AT squad. Either that or demolitions.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I had games with US/WE/PE now....

The jeep takes maybe a bit too many bullets but everything else is ok. Thing is i never used the bike often on WE side as PE builds the vehicles in teamfights usually. But i also had no probs with jeeps. They had many of them and my volks which took cover behind a fence got suppressed but survived fairly long. I had a quick game with US now but thats because enemie just never build any pak and rushed with their inf frontally to my jeep and got surprised by new suppression of jeep. Up to now i couldnt see any 1 vs 1 of jeep vs schwimm or bike so idk how the result would be but the damage schwimm and jeep dealed each other in a short confrontration was almost equal (jeep dealed a bit more damage but schwimm shred inf still much better).

From my point of view its pretty fair. US needs paks when playing vs PE, WE when facing US. Jeep is better as the bike but WE has better pak with the HE mode. So the offensive capabilties are quite fair. Only some HP nerf for jeep or adjusted TT´s against schwimmwagen and it would be OK.

And what happend with scott? + 10 range and suddenly it outranges Tanks with AP rounds?! Is the scott now the equivalent to stuh and the outrange unit for allied or what? Instead getting rid of such outrange units we got another one....... just why? I mean scott has the chance to immobilize any kind of tank and now scott outranges tanks which means that players can put shot after shot on german tanks (even the heaviest) without getting into their gun range and shooting untill the tank is immobilized....

Really.... stuh, stupa and now even scott.....Is that really neccessary?

Krieger Blitzer

@Wake; Hmm, oh ya! That's alright then...

So.. let me help with listing what we do now have to look into as it's probably about only 2 main things;
-All TCs being killed inside their own tanks, while not surviving anymore...
-General random weapons dropping maybe.

-And finally Vehicles Reverse Button to be added if possible? :D
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 02 Mar 2015, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Warhawks97 wrote:I had games with US/WE/PE now....
From my point of view its pretty fair. US needs paks when playing vs PE, WE when facing US. Jeep is better as the bike but WE has better pak with the HE mode. So the offensive capabilties are quite fair. Only some HP nerf for jeep or adjusted TT´s against schwimmwagen and it would be OK.

When you face CW you also need pak because bren carier now immune to bullets + vickers, very dangerous machine.

Warhawks97 wrote:And what happend with scott? + 10 range and suddenly it outranges Tanks with AP rounds?! Is the scott now the equivalent to stuh and the outrange unit for allied or what? Instead getting rid of such outrange units we got another one....... just why? I mean scott has the chance to immobilize any kind of tank and now scott outranges tanks which means that players can put shot after shot on german tanks (even the heaviest) without getting into their gun range and shooting untill the tank is immobilized....

I like new scott :), allows to keep Grens far away from your inf and much more fun than slow and cheap M4 with HE which stops all infantry.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Yeah, the scott getting a speed boost was a great move. So was the range increase. Now it has a very clear defined hit-n-run or kiting role compared to just being a worse HE sherman. I also think that the scott does a lot more damage with its explosions than the sherman. And it wasn't even that inaccurate. I used it in a game and I would say 80% of my shots hit and did massive damage to infantry squads, usually killing 4 or 5 men with a single shell.

Hell, the scott has such a large blast radius that even if the shot does "miss", sometimes it lands so close that it still ends up killing people.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

ok.... but the range.... why again a unit that is mobile and which outranges tanks by having same range as paks..... with stubby canon.... just why. Flexibility/speed buff is ok, accuracy is ok but i dont see the reason for the increased ranged. If this is in order to stay save from enemie schrecks etc then why not simply decreasing ranges of schrecks and zooks by 5 or 7.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Accuraсy multiples range advantage to zero, just a recent game of mine that you watched, scott hited there maybe 2 times from 10...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Accuraсy multiples range advantage to zero, just a recent game of mine that you watched, scott hited there maybe 2 times from 10...

and i said that not the unit itself and alone is OP as it fails.... Its just this: Build lots of def arround the super range unit and only super range unit attacks. Scotts, stuhs and stupa should be supportive to other units and shouldnt start an offensive act but rather coming in as support to other tanks and inf. The stupa with the armor may can start an assault. But thing is that everything will be build up arround and scotts and the scotts not arround other tanks. Means the tank support (scott) or inf support/tank support (stuh, stupa) are suddenly the only units being used for offensive acts with the range while the other part of the army is just there to provide best possible protection to those few super range units. So regardless of accuracy and how many shots will hit, these units give like endless free shots from a save distance and sooner or later the enemie must either attack to kill them (rushing then into paks etc) or using arty (arty complains). Its not just the units preformence itself but rather how it "breaks" in my opinion some "game rules" (with that i do mean stuff like 100% accuracy stuff which wolf said isnt correct. This range thing is in my opinion the same as we actually have ranges for vehicles and tanks and pak ranges but those 3 units simply ignore it and throwing of the game and the way it is played). Its the way how it forces players to do something against these units which gonna bomb his units all day long and no defense can stop them except 88 maybe (arty must pay for it at least). The scott currently has the range of paks if i observed right but still it can be nasty later in games where the number of paks is being reduced automatically due to arty usually.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Anyway, i like new role of Scott as support howitzer, and i think it must stay like that, balanced good, because long days ago all prefered scott to M4, while ago all preferd M4 to Scott, now they simply have different roles and thats cool.