Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.3 Patch

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Wolf
Administrator

Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.3 Patch

Post by Wolf »

Hello everyone!

We are updating Blitzkrieg to version 5.1.3 today!

Changelog:

General:
- Game launcher should now indicate if you don't have CoH executable in same folder as Blitzkrieg Mod
- Dropped the cost of buildable medic teams to 150MP (from 200MP)
- Dropped the reinforcement cost of buildable medic teams to 20MP (from 50MP)
- Reverted changes in damage of Axis 28mm, 37mm and 50mm AT guns vs CW HQ trucks (damage increased in 4.9.9)

US:
- Tweaked accuracy of fragmentation rifle grenades (to be more accurate vs soldiers in buildings and less accurate vs soldiers in green/yellow cover; stats set to similar values as CW frag rifle grenades)
- Further tweaked stats of Riflemen Garands
- MK3 grenades of Combat Engineers no longer deal excessive damage to JPIV L48s, Hetzers and Marder IIIs

CW:
- Increased build time of 17 pounder emplacement to 45 seconds (from 30)
- With "faster construction" unlock (RE doc) the build time for 17 pounder emplacements is 30 seconds (from 15)
- Changed Staghound armor type to same as Greyhound (from stuart type)
- Added rec.penetration modifier x0.9 to Staghound
- Changed Comet armor type to same as Cromwell (and added rec.penetration x0.9 modifier)
- Increased Comet maximum speed to 6 (from 5)
- Lowered Comet's population cost to 14 (from 16)
- Lowered Comet HP to 700 (from 800)
- Lowered Comet price to 470MP 60F (from 650MP 100F)

WM:
- Tiger Ace should no longer cause damage to anything by just getting close to it

Hope you like the changes and enjoy !

mofetagalactica

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.3 Patch

Post by mofetagalactica »

Thanks wolf, but please fix the bug regarding m3 halftrack (USA) bug not showing troops.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Damn! ^^ That's a few, but also some very interesting changes specifically regarding the Comet and 17pdr emplacements.. can't wait to see how this would work out :D Thx for the patch ;)
=======================================
Edit:

After some testing... Now I have to say, LOVE the new changes to the Comet, just... I LOVE it. Now in my humble opinion, it's finally a real Comet for such a good price! No longer a Pershing...

Just 1 thing though; I think there is no need to keep it limited to only 3 units at a time anymore, on the other hand.. this kind of limit might be more suitable for the Achilles I guess!

maousaki

Post by maousaki »

What does "Further tweaked stats of Riflemen Garands" mean. I am not asking for numbers, only the general idea.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Tiger1996 wrote:Damn! ^^ That's a few, but also some very interesting changes specifically regarding the Comet and 17pdr emplacements.. can't wait to see how this would work out :D Thx for the patch ;)
=======================================
Edit:

After some testing... Now I have to say, LOVE the new changes to the Comet, just... I LOVE it. Now in my humble opinion, it's finally a real Comet for such a good price! No longer a Pershing...

Just 1 thing though; I think there is no need to keep it limited to only 3 units at a time anymore, on the other hand.. this kind of limit might be more suitable for the Achilles I guess!

Sorry but... where comet better than achilles?
Why we need this comet if we have achilles?

Krieger Blitzer

That's actually a very good question.. at the moment Achilles are doing much better than anything else actually... They are also better than Firefly.
And even before these adjustments to the Comet, the Achilles have always been much more worthy.
Generally the Achilles are supposed to be M10 Wolverines but with 17pdr guns. However, currently in the game they pretty much act like Jacksons but also with HE rounds (both the M10 and Jacksons don't have that) as well as hit and run tactics ability (Jacksons don't have that either) in addition to flank speed too! And for sure better armor than Hellcat, because Hellcat is just a vehicle and not actually a tank.. so in fact, right before this patch comes out... I already posted a topic where I illustrated how the Achilles don't have any drawbacks now.
Achilles are also earlier available, and for all the CW doctrines!

So, to answer your question... I am afraid Achilles were already much better, and now just even more.. that's probably the only flaw here.
That's why I immediately suggested to remove the limit from Comets and in return limit Achilles on the other hand.. but that's probably not enough.
I would say Achilles should lose one of its special abilities, either lose flank speed, HE rounds, or the silly hit and run ability...

Tor

Post by Tor »

6CP for comet? it's another good question.

Krieger Blitzer

Hmm, not really on this one... I think 6 command points are actually still fine, I mean; the 76 Jumbo for example costs 7 CPs (same as Panther.G) and if you compare the Comet with the 76 Jumbo, the Comet still has better gun.. flank speed, and rapid shots ability + better HE rounds. And you can have 3 at a time currently, and in the future I can expect the limit to be removed too! Either ways, the Jumbo is only one available at a time on the other hand. Not to mention that after all the Comet is a late war tank anyway, so.. having it available earlier would be quite odd...

Therefore I think it's fine at 6 command points given the fact how it's very cheap now and also easy to spam, and it's still a dangerous tank by the way, at least for this price! Nonetheless, I think the only thing here that should be probably done.. as I previously said, is that the limit should no longer apply on Comets, but in return for Achilles... Then the Achilles should probably also lose one of its unique abilities as I stated.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

maousaki wrote:What does "Further tweaked stats of Riflemen Garands" mean. I am not asking for numbers, only the general idea.
The previous change on Riflemen Garands was meant to make them shoot faster and a bit better in combat - many people said that they feel no difference about them. These "further tweaks" were made to add more emphasis on thier "fire superiority" combat style. So they should shoot noticeably faster a be a bit better than they were before the price increase - in order for the price change to be justified.

Tor wrote:Sorry but... where comet better than achilles?
Why we need this comet if we have achilles?

Comet has more effective HE shot, more HP but mainly better armor - can sometimes bounce off 75mm L48 shots + this armor type is by most AT guns and tank cannons 20% harder to hit. So main advantage is the extra protection.
But as we said - it is experimental and some tweaks might come based on feedback ;)

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Churchill armour for comet wasnt so much a none sense, at least frontally. However I m not sure all consequence of this nerf have been anticipated.

Basic exemple ; pak 38 vs comet before the change ; chance of penetration were about null. After change, chance for penetration are from 120 to 70 per cent. I m not so interrested about arguing about that, it is your business. I just point asking for allied nerf tend to work more than axis nerf. All these years if a problem occured with an under powered or unadapted allied units, the usual answer was to decrease the unit cost instead to solve the problem. At least it is my feeling.

Point that dont make me a allied fan, so far. For exemple it is a long time now, Jackson have M10 and Sherman armour on the TT. Perhaps it will also happen at bk ... but after the next priority ; nerf the achilles.

Krieger Blitzer

What happened to the Comet, is really not a "nerf" anyhow! I played a couple of PvP games as RE doctrine today.. and I must repeat confirming how I am actually admiring the new changes to the Comet. These were more like "adjustments" rather than anything else.. it wasn't a Comet back then, but more like a semi expensive tank that acts like a Pershing of some sort, but now.. it can be finally called a "Comet" and no longer a Pershing which is somehow disguised in a Comet dress. So finally the Comet now is just behaving just as it should...
No more OP armor (but still also not very weak by the way) and at the same time very cost effective!

I had one 4vs4 game earlier today when the situation was almost equal for both teams, except that our opponents even had control over the majority of high fuel points. Yet, thanks to CW trucks boosting the points we had... I was able to deploy 3 Comets, a 95mm Churchill, 2 Crusaders, 2 rifle sections, 1 Sapper as well as command Cromwell ALL at the same time on the battlefield. And my fuel income was still +19 which means I was actually still able to replace my losses rather easily. RE doctrine with these new Comets just feel much more fun to play! I had 3 Comets on the front line followed by 2 Crusaders and a command Cromwell at the center.. this looked REALLY COOL. More like a tank battalion! It's true that some of my Comets died much easier compared to older times, nonetheless.. they were also easily affordable as I replaced them quickly, that's probably not just because their price is cheap now, but also because their upkeep cost seem to be very relaxing, so I suffered no fuel.. which is very promising.

You could never do the same as RE doctrine in the past... And actually I had resources to bring 2 more Comets, but they are limited now so I couldn't!
Sadly however, after 40 minutes... I disconnected due to crap internet.. however, I believe if we have continued... Comets would have STILL been the most valuable unit on the field.

Shortly, I love the new Comets.. love to play against them, and also love to play them myself ;)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i appreciate the change as well. Its also more realistic. The comet had slightly better armor than the cromwell. The 102 mm was vertical and also Cast armor. Basically, its armor had been worse than those of shermans.

It was a good move so far i would say.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Whats the difference between achilles and comet now? +5 fuel? LOL
If they behave the same and are harder to get because of CP's well, i guess its just better to pick raf and arty.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Are you seriously telling me that the only reason for you to ever pick RE was the Comet? If yes, then fine, I guess, but I would say that RE has more to offer than just a single tank.

Anyway, I already said what the differences are between Achilles and Comet:
MarKr wrote:Comet has more effective HE shot, more HP but mainly better armor - can sometimes bounce off 75mm L48 shots + this armor type is by most AT guns and tank cannons 20% harder to hit. So main advantage is the extra protection.
Though further changes are possible.

mofetagalactica wrote:If they behave the same and are harder to get because of CP's well, i guess its just better to pick raf and arty.

Well, if you want to center your gameplay around fire support or infantry respectively, then ofcourse.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Are you seriously telling me that the only reason for you to ever pick RE was the Comet? If yes, then fine, I guess, but I would say that RE has more to offer than just a single tank.

Thats quite common among players and has always been like that.... BK doc= Tiger (ace), Terror= Panther G and walking stuka (Or knights cross and nebler spam before), Armor= Pershing or even SP, RAF= airstrikes, AB = 101st spam, inf doc= 107 mortar/off map arty, Def doc = Stupa (when it was the most OP unit), then 88 and then arty, RA= Priest (ignoring how effective officers can be in early game with off map strike), SE= Pure arty (ignoring early mine using, disabling points etc), Luftwaffe= Luftwaffe inf only.

Tell me when this limitations of view havent been the case in a huge part of the player community.

mofetagalactica

Well now the only reason i would pick RE will be churchills? lol, like... if peopple really get churchills , they mostly get the 95mm Howitzer wich they can already get with arty doc (cromwell 95mm) , oh by the way Churchill AVRE that one that has a gigant mortar shells? its shit too.

With allies its normal to pick a doc just for a few special units in it, so its nothing weird. Axis in the otherhand every doc is really well-rounded.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

sure, each doctrine has some specific units which are not available elsewhere and players use them but the way you present it, it sounds like "remove this single one unit and the doctrine becomes completely useless garbage" - does BK doc become useless without Tiger Ace? What about Stormtroopers? Do they have no value in the doctrine? If you remove Panther G from Terror doc, does the doc become utterly useless? RAF also uses Commandos instead of normal Tommies etc. And similarly to this, some people complained about RE and its emplacement spam - so I guess it has some value in the doctrine too.
So this "Comet cannot bounce off shit like it could before so the entire doctrine sucks balls" point of view seems weird to me. Even more so when you consider that the Comet is not really useless. It requires a different approach now, true, but all in all the tank is still very good - if you build two of them, you will pay a bit more than you previously payed for single Comet but you will be able to flank and kill any Axis tank. You are likely to lose one of the Comets but the other one will kill the opponent and the cost of one Comet compared to one Tiger, Panther, KT (or whatever late-game Axis unit) is higher than cost of single Comet now. So in terms of resources the opponent lost more.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

mofetagalactica wrote:Well now the only reason i would pick RE will be churchills? lol, like... if peopple really get churchills , they mostly get the 95mm Howitzer wich they can already get with arty doc (cromwell 95mm) , oh by the way Churchill AVRE that one that has a gigant mortar shells? its shit too.

With allies its normal to pick a doc just for a few special units in it, so its nothing weird. Axis in the otherhand every doc is really well-rounded.

Thats true. Still i think RE is more well rounded as most US docs.

Thing is, ive never used extremly durable units (except Stormtroopers) or only very few (1-2panther a game. but i choosed panther mainly for the mobility and firewpower) or didnt rely on that or was the reason ive build a unit. I mostly focused on combinations like (sounds stupid now) bikes+ sdkfz 234 which could overcome AT gun defenses which even Tank IV´s and Panther couldnt break. I simply relied on things like the fact that my mopped wont get hit by heavy AT guns while revealing those quickly while the following vehicles shreds them. I am not saying that comet is a motorbike. Just often other strong points besides raw power and armor strenght do matter more and can achieve victories where even your heaviest armored tank wouldnt do much.

Its one thing to have units endless cheap without any strenght. Thats for example the case for Shermans. But the comet isnt "endless cheap". It became "cheaper". It still maintains its firepower, speed and is still hard to hit. Very unlike silly shermans. If the comet would also lose one of these three other strong points as well and becoming even cheaper, then we would have a serious issue and mistake. I mean it has still three strong fields in which it can excell. I can tell you of many others having non of these attributes.

Krieger Blitzer

- "What is the difference between Comet and Firefly or Achilles?"

A question frequently asked now... So, I would like to clarify my point of view once again.

--- Firefly costs more, but earlier available and is more about long range combined with higher rate of fire.. thanks to "static position" ability.
Comet on the other hand has MUCH better speed thanks to the flank speed ability...

So, the first part of the question is quite easy to answer! I believe it's a very reasonable response too.

--- However; the 2nd part of the question is honestly quite hard to respond to, cuz I am afraid "at the moment" Achilles are more worthy for sure!
It's because Achilles are not only earlier available, but can also ambush.. has flank speed too, in addition to hit and run tactics (long range) + HE rounds + unlimited. On the other hand the Comet is limited for some reason and doesn't have anything similar to the "hit and run tactics" ability...
Not to mention the price for both tanks, is almost the same! Achilles are also available to ALL CW doctrines.

>>> Nonetheless, I think this is easy to solve:
If the Achilles for example would lose HE rounds (Hetzers also don't have that, so...) and become limited to 3 while removing the limit from Comet, then at this point there will be some "clear observable differences" between Comet and Achilles once again.

So, just remove the limit from Comet, and apply it to Achilles, then remove HE from Achilles.. and the question would finally have a valid response!

Although the "hit and run tactics" ability is silly, yet... I think it's fine after all, because the ability in fact isn't too deadly unless APCR rounds are also loaded during the ability, which costs much ammo anyway.
=============================================
Also, by the way... We didn't forget about the maps ^^ but Playmobill was just too busy the past few weeks with coding stuff for other games.. however, he should be able to get some free time again for the remaining Bk maps soon :)

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

MarKr wrote:if you build two of them, you will pay a bit more than you previously payed for single Comet but you will be able to flank and kill any Axis tank. You are likely to lose one of the Comets but the other one will kill the opponent and the cost of one Comet compared to one Tiger, Panther, KT (or whatever late-game Axis unit) is higher than cost of single Comet now. So in terms of resources the opponent lost more.

One good Comet is better than two mediocre Comets.

Relying on more aggressive flanking is just not a panacea. Successful flanking attacks require you to have timing, situational awareness and quick micromanagement skills. Having to rely on several tanks multiplies the chance that something will go wrong when you're trying to sync up the flank attack.

It can be really dumb things that go wrong like the vehicle pathfinder ruining your flank attack because the tank decided to get stuck on a bush or a picket fence thus losing your opportunity.

Let's also not forget on some maps, flanking is a complete non starter because of how easily and quickly they can be locked down.

Tiger1996 wrote:I had 3 Comets on the front line followed by 2 Crusaders and a command Cromwell at the center.. this looked REALLY COOL. More like a tank battalion

I'm sure it looked cool. But do you really believe that you had no loss in effectiveness from the micromanagement overhead of coordinating 6 tanks at a single point? How many infantry losses did you take because your attention was preoccupied with managing those tanks?

Tiger1996 wrote:It's true that some of my Comets died much easier compared to older times, nonetheless

Guess not.

Krieger Blitzer

drivebyhobo wrote:I'm sure it looked cool. But do you really believe that you had no loss in effectiveness from the micromanagement overhead of coordinating 6 tanks at a single point? How many infantry losses did you take because your attention was preoccupied with managing those tanks?

For any good player who is skilled enough and suffers no micromanagement confusion when he is required to handle ALL his units on the battlefield at the same time.. then 2 average Comets for almost the same price of 1 solid Comet, would always be better for sure.

I would personally always prefer having 3 comets for 180 fuel than having only 1 Tiger for 170 fuel... It's true that all the Comets can now easily die, but if I am skilled enough I'd be able to easily smash his Tiger tank too. While losing only 1 Comet or maybe just 2 or something, or perhaps even losing none of them at all. However, if I am not skilled enough, I might also lose all the 3 of them without scoring any achievements of course.. but that's exactly where the competition kicks in! Which also leads to more "fun" game-play overall.

And before the changes, the Comet wasn't just "good" but actually too unreal.. now it's more like a "real" Comet that behaves just as supposed...

mofetagalactica

So, what about making usa 76' at's and shermans deadly for tigers and panthers and give them more armor ? Since hey if a comet can suddently become a comet, why a sherman couldn't become a sherman? :o

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Because Comet is in a single doctrine while 76mm guns are on AT teams (in every US doc), emplacement, Hellcats (in every US doc), 76(W) Sherman (every US doc + RE doc + SE doc) and also Jumbo in Armor doc. Then the nitpicks (I know it is hard to believe but there REALLY are people who are willing to nitpick every little change and try to turn it into a reason for changin everything else even remotely connected; but of course I'm not pointing my finger on anyone) would ask why the 76mm gun suddenly has better performance vs Tigers while still being relatively crappy vs PIVs and demand a change there too, which, if it happens, will require rebalancing the Sherman prices across the entire mod, with the increased efficiency the prices would go up and people will cry that Shermans are too expensive and cannot take a slap without exploding which will further call for Sherman durability adjustments which will further call for prices revisions, at the same time PIVs will become less effective vs medium tanks and also more susseptible to Allied medium tanks so a price change would be needed there too because their current higher price would no longer be justified. Along with all this people will cry also about high price of Tigers which suddenly become easily destructible with a crappy unit which is available in 4 Allied doctrines in unlimited numbers, then some other nitpicks will come and say that if the Sherman 76mm gun is changed to penetrate Tigers according to reality, then Tigers should get their real advantage too - better attack range. So we will increase basic attack range of Tigers in order to be somewhat useable too. Then people will start crying why Tigers have better attack range when units with better guns that also had attack range advantage over allied guns (75mm L70 (panther guns), 88mm L43 (KT guns)) remained the same - again they are right, so increase the range of all of these units too (at this point we are already talking about chaging stuff in about 80 files). Now KTs/Nashorns and all these strong guns can snipe your tanks from a range where your Shermans cannot even see them, great. Now add to it that despite our repeated recommendations many players still play on small maps so these units will be able to shoot from base all the way to enemy base...I could go on, but I guess you get the idea.

mofetagalactica

MarKr wrote:Because Comet is in a single doctrine while 76mm guns are on AT teams (in every US doc), emplacement, Hellcats (in every US doc), 76(W) Sherman (every US doc + RE doc + SE doc) and also Jumbo in Armor doc. Then the nitpicks (I know it is hard to believe but there REALLY are people who are willing to nitpick every little change and try to turn it into a reason for changin everything else even remotely connected; but of course I'm not pointing my finger on anyone) would ask why the 76mm gun suddenly has better performance vs Tigers while still being relatively crappy vs PIVs and demand a change there too, which, if it happens, will require rebalancing the Sherman prices across the entire mod, with the increased efficiency the prices would go up and people will cry that Shermans are too expensive and cannot take a slap without exploding which will further call for Sherman durability adjustments which will further call for prices revisions, at the same time PIVs will become less effective vs medium tanks and also more susseptible to Allied medium tanks so a price change would be needed there too because their current higher price would no longer be justified. Along with all this people will cry also about high price of Tigers which suddenly become easily destructible with a crappy unit which is available in 4 Allied doctrines in unlimited numbers, then some other nitpicks will come and say that if the Sherman 76mm gun is changed to penetrate Tigers according to reality, then Tigers should get their real advantage too - better attack range. So we will increase basic attack range of Tigers in order to be somewhat useable too. Then people will start crying why Tigers have better attack range when units with better guns that also had attack range advantage over allied guns (75mm L70 (panther guns), 88mm L43 (KT guns)) remained the same - again they are right, so increase the range of all of these units too (at this point we are already talking about chaging stuff in about 80 files). Now KTs/Nashorns and all these strong guns can snipe your tanks from a range where your Shermans cannot even see them, great. Now add to it that despite our repeated recommendations many players still play on small maps so these units will be able to shoot from base all the way to enemy base...I could go on, but I guess you get the idea.

my commentary was sarcastic lollll, nice poem.

Even if changes stay like they are it dosn't matter game just getting more campy and campy everyday, and even more since british has lost another sparhead unit.
Last edited by mofetagalactica on 13 Dec 2017, 22:29, edited 2 times in total.

Krieger Blitzer

That's actually a perfect answer by MarKr right there, +1 from my side!