Steam Release and Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.2 Patch!

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Wolf
Administrator

Steam Release and Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.2 Patch!

Post by Wolf »

Hello everyone!

We are finally releasing Blitzkrieg Mod on steam today!
It was a long road after we posted it to greenlight, but we made it! Thanks to all supporters and we hope that you will enjoy better Blitzkrieg Mod experience on Steam.

We are releasing version 5.1.2, which should be available on steam now! For lastest version update, always use steam from now on.

Changelog (compared to 5.0.0):

General:
- STEAM RELEASE
- Improved faction flags in the game lobby (including units in reward menu)
- for 37mm, 50mm and 57mm guns delay before first shot reduced to half
- Revised performance of various AA units vs planes
- Medic teams buildable in Triage centers/Medic bunkers + AB dropable medic team now heal soldiers around automatically once they don't move (no longer needed to activate the ability manually)

US:
- Fixed Tank Commander off-map arty ability requiring wrong unlock in unlock tree
- .50cal twin on M15A1 should perform better vs planes (no longer bounce off of planes)
- Fixed suppression values for .50cal twin on M15A1 and also performance vs infantry in certain cover types revised
- Removed unit limit on M15A1
- Added "Hold position" ability to Ranger Captain
- Jumbo tanks will no longer take continuous damage near Tiger Ace tanks
- Tweaked efficiency of M18 HE shot
- Tweaked M1 Garands for Rangers and Riflemen
- Riflemen now with veterancy levels get cooldown reduction instead of accuracy bonus
- Riflegrenades are now available to all doctrines
- Riflegrenades now require WSC building instead of Motorpool
- When you purchase Rifle grenade upgrade you cannot purchase BARs or Grease guns any longer and vice versa
- Cost of Riflemen increased to 255MP
- Cost of Rangers increased to 390MP

CW:
- Tweaked efficiency of HE shot on Achilles, Firefly, 17 pounder

WM:
- Storms Demosquad no longer retreats in crawl mode
- HLL3 has tweaked crits - either deals only damage or destroys vehicle outright
- Corrected animation for the default gun crew on naked 20mm flak
- VT ability in Def doc no longer mentions need for StuH42
- Fixed the "blank" units in FHQ

PE:
- Henschels should no longer attack structures and AT guns on their flight path
- Ambush ability on Jagdpanther no longer dissapears when it is not possible to activate it
- Tweaked efficiency of MarderIII HE shot
- Infantry can no longer upgrade neutral buildings to "Reinforcement points"
- Upgrading "Defensive operations" will now allow FHQs to heal nearby soldiers
- Corrected penetration chance of Beute Sherman 76(W) vs Super Pershing

EDIT by MarKr:
Updated changelog. I accidentally sent to Wolf older changelog where some of the changes were missing.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Steam Release and Blitzkrieg Mod 5.1.2 Patch!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

HELL YES! ^___^

That was a LONG way to go.. but hey, it's now just the beginning! 8-)

Store PAGE link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/68159 ... krieg_Mod/

I think Wolf will be also linking it everywhere else at some point soon...

Rate, review and let's play! ;)

autraymond

Post by autraymond »

thanks to all involved people for your hard work!

finally it's on steam. :D
"There are 2 kind of people who play CoH, those who only play Axis and those who don't give a f***!" - Kwok 2021

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Great job guys, thanks a lot!! ;)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Just a short trailer video from my side to celebrate this amusing event! ^ ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iirXyoshf-Y
Video Thumbnail
Video Thumbnail

========================================

Also, here are some previously uploaded videos related to the same event of which I would also like to share here:

- Bk Mod Greenlight trailer, by me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqdhV44c8EQ

- The current Steam STORE page video trailer, by Panzerblitz1 (haven't seen him post anything here since a long while btw...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NBCMChVPnw

- Another Greenlight video trailer, by Leonida[525]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxe-ttLV1M

Enjoy watching! ;)

Viper

Post by Viper »

great mod

but some people complain about mixed language files. and crashing or errors installing. american campaign not working too. and few other bugs.

all this need to be fixed or corrected quickly.

thanks for the hard work

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

weird I uninstalled old BK mod which worked fine and reinstalled the mod through steam, but now I get ultra low fps, which is unplayable. I used to be able to run game fine before even at high settings, but this time with everything off or low settings it is horrible.

my hardware hasn't changed, so I am baffled

any ideas?

PS found solution thx to atomicali :)

atomicali wrote:Ok been playing around with Nvidia control panel and Turning vertical Sync off seems to fix the problem.
Rather than make this a global setting I have done it under Manage 3d settings > Program settings.
Added CoH then set Vertical Sync to off for just this game. Applied the changes and so far so good.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Tiger1996 wrote:Just a short trailer video from my side to celebrate this amusing event! ^ ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iirXyoshf-Y
SnapShot.jpg

========================================

Also, here are some previously uploaded videos related to the same event of which I would also like to share here:

- Bk Mod Greenlight trailer, by me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqdhV44c8EQ

- The current Steam STORE page video trailer, by Panzerblitz1 (haven't seen him post anything here since a long while btw...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NBCMChVPnw

- Another Greenlight video trailer, by Leonida[525]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxe-ttLV1M

Enjoy watching! ;)

I like it and angovile, keep the work on! :DDDDDDD

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

So the Blitzkrieg has been unleashed on Steam ! I just wrote a review - http://steamcommunity.com/id/res1s7/recommended/681590 - Would be nice if performance issue could be solved for AI players (I guess this also applies to Coop is some slots are AI) by adding more win conditions that keep the popcap low (as described in this thread).

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

Wolf wrote:For lastest version update, always use steam from now on.

I understand the convenience of Steam updates, however some of us run Blitzkrieg on the "legacy" version (primarily for it's LAN support).

Michael_Z_Freeman wrote:Would be nice if performance issue could be solved for AI players (I guess this also applies to Coop is some slots are AI) by adding more win conditions that keep the popcap low

More low popcap options would be great. Keeps things from getting ridiculous and laggy late game, plus it requires players to make tougher choices on units.

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

@Snazz:
Wait a second there... Legacy Edition isn't technically comptible with BK in the 1st place. Does that even work right now? I mean, I haven't personally tried because I switched to the Steam Version as soon as it came out, but I expect the Legacy Edition to not run BK or at least have a ton of bug/issues...

As fas as the lower pop cap goes, I'm not sure you can go much lower than 150 without making it very difficult to have proper armies. Most larger maps support much more than that by default for a reason. I can see the challenge in lower pop cap which might appeal to some people but mostly I think it's just harder to play for everyone.

The performace issues with AI-heavy settings are unfortunately not really something we can solve; CoH was made in an Era where 2 cores were standard, but clock frequencies were pushed higher and higher. Having a high clocking dual core is much better for playing CoH than a modern 8 core, as CoH only uses 2 threads. If you can OC to 4,5 or 5 GHz on 2 cores and force the game to run on those you will see improvements, but other than that or simply running extremely pricey hardware I don't see an easy way out...

(personally, I have no issues with performance even with 7 AI players on "The Rhine" after 2 hours of gameplay in 999 pop mode, but I run a ridiculous rig...)
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Snazz

Post by Snazz »

Kr0noZ wrote:I expect the Legacy Edition to not run BK or at least have a ton of bug/issues...

I also assumed it wasn't compatible but thankfully it runs fine, perfect for LANs :)

Kr0noZ wrote:As fas as the lower pop cap goes, I'm not sure you can go much lower than 150 without making it very difficult to have proper armies.)

It's not necessarily a matter of <150 pop but more low-popcap options, particularly for Victory Point mode.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Snazz, viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2413
Hopefully it still works after update. But lemme know if it doesn’t. I won’t be back to fix it for a week or so
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Michael_Z_Freeman

Post by Michael_Z_Freeman »

Kr0noZ wrote:The performance issues with AI-heavy settings are unfortunately not really something we can solve

Hi. Are you're saying AI can somehow be forced onto another thread/cpu core ? Much like can be done with Battelfield 2 with lots of bots - run dedicated server on one core for AI and client on another core? Otherwise offering a limited popcap for those that get AI performance problems/have low end hardware, is the solution. I do the same for COH2 using an addon through steamworks that can force 150 popcap on any map. I don't know if that's possible with COH1 using an addon (don't think so). But it's whatever the BK devs decide, otherwise I'll keep on using kwoks solution 8-).

Folkoer

Post by Folkoer »

Is it possible to have the steam blitzkrieg mod and the original coh installed at the same time?
Curious because I want to play the original again for nostalgic reasons :p.

Vega1707
Global Moderator

Post by Vega1707 »

yeah sure they work independent from each other :) You just have to choose the game you want to play from your library ;)

keokeo68

Post by keokeo68 »

nice