Artillery Not firing

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
speeddemon02

Artillery Not firing

Post by speeddemon02 »

Several times for all doctrines I have my artillery just sit there and refuse to fire. I end up having to destroy it and remake it somewhere else in hopes that it will work.

Wake

Re: Artillery Not firing

Post by Wake »

This is a bug that has been in for years. The artillery has to be on flat ground. So if your howitzer or nebelwerfer is on a hill, sometimes it won't shoot.

Xylis

Post by Xylis »

speeddemon02 wrote:Several times for all doctrines I have my artillery just sit there and refuse to fire. I end up having to destroy it and remake it somewhere else in hopes that it will work.

Hi, in regards to the firing bug, you don't have to destroy or delete your artillery and remake it. What you can instead do is press the Halt command (should be a big red hand). This cancels the barrage, and you get your munitions back. It should be ready to fire again. Sometimes the fire location bugs out the unit so try to aim in a slightly different area. With regards to nebelwerfer or similar movable artillery, you may have to move the unit slightly and re-fire.
This is not a Blitzkrieg only bug - it happens in vCoH as well. Hopefully this will save you from wasting your MP and fuel on new artillery!

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

Wake wrote:This is a bug that has been in for years. The artillery has to be on flat ground. So if your howitzer or nebelwerfer is on a hill, sometimes it won't shoot.

same for mortar halftracks. it's a frustrating bug, but hills in this game have always been poorly implemented, like AT shooting in the ground etc... been hoping for a fix but have long given up on that. some RTS games like Cossacks did hills very well, in which you actually had a range increase on top of a hill.