M3 Halftrack-Missing Occupants

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
drivebyhobo

M3 Halftrack-Missing Occupants

Post by drivebyhobo »

The M3's occupants aren't visible.

MarKr wrote: We removed the reward unit of M2A1 from US because it had a visual bug where loaded infantry was not visible when loaded on the Halftrack and could not fire

I remember the M2 having visible occupants but that they didn't shoot. I thought that was intended as differentiation.

Also on the topic of transports, I want to bring up that it seems broken that the CCKW 50 cal upgrade can be upgraded at British teammate's truck at the start of the game but requires a tank depot otherwise. It's not a useful upgrade in the slightest but the requirements seem very inconsistent.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: M3 Halftrack-Missing Occupants

Post by MarKr »

This is weird...M2 was removed because the loaded infantry was invisible (while you say they were visible for you) and infantry loaded in M3 was always visible for me...really weird.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:This is weird...M2 was removed because the loaded infantry was invisible (while you say they were visible for you) and infantry loaded in M3 was always visible for me...really weird.

It happened the same for me with the M3, did you guys really tested the last version? lol

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We did, but during testing you focus on stuff that was actually touched or changed and M3 has not been touched for ages so there was no reason to focus on it.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:We did, but during testing you focus on stuff that was actually touched or changed and M3 has not been touched for ages so there was no reason to focus on it.

Did u know that the USA M10 still getting a weird bug where u can use his special hability without being in camo.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

infantry inside this half-track for some reason are invisible, I can confirm... Which is definitely weird. As it actually always worked fine in the past before this patch release!

Nonetheless, one thing that really bothers me:
mofetagalactica wrote:It happened the same for me with the M3, did you guys really tested the last version? lol

They did. But just locally with only certain individuals instead of a public beta unfortunately... And this is very inconvenient if you ask me.. specifically when keeping in mind that this Steam release is primarily encouraged by the community in the first place! Let's not forget that it was in fact the community who donated the 100 Dollars of the Steam registration fees for Bk Mod.
So I hope the same mistake is not repeated ever again next times.. because actually, the community as a whole has the absolute rights to carefully test this Steam release before it's publicly announced.
And all those people in charge should carry this responsibility while keeping such facts in mind... I'm speaking frankly here.

kwok
Team Member

Re: M3 Halftrack-Missing Occupantsrd

Post by kwok »

The devs make no profit in the steam release not will they receive any; they are not indebted to those who wanted steam release. Those who donated will get what they paid for: a steam release. Not a perfect steam release where the mod is in the image of what was desired. Errors are expected on release, that is the nature of software development. It's a phase called "normalization".

As far as I know, the smaller halftrack for Americans have never worked i past patches which is why I never use it. And believe me I've tried every reward unit (while others just use their formulas). If you have any replays that show otherwise, please prove me wrong.

EDIT: sorry misread. I thought the bug was on the smaller not bigger. I'm use to the bigger being called m5 from coh2. I have no idea about the M3 cuz I've been away for a while. But my first paragraph I do not take back.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

The devs make no profit in the steam release not will they receive any; they are not indebted to those who wanted steam release. Those who donated will get what they paid for: a steam release. Not a perfect steam release where the mod is in the image of what was desired. Errors are expected on release, that is the nature of software development. It's a phase called "normalization".

They are not indebted, and errors can definitely happen... Nonetheless, they are surely responsible at this point. And if there is a beta; Then it should be doubtlessly open for all the community, not just because the community has the absolute rights to participate since they are those who primarily encouraged as well as financially supported the Steam release.. but also because having a closed beta is never a good idea specifically with such big patches, and I surely would have said the same even if I was invited into the closed beta group btw. Because when more people are allowed to test, then the chances of discovering bugs would be significantly higher too! Which also makes it easier for the devs at the end...
I think my point is clear and also valid enough.

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

Tiger1996 wrote:Nonetheless, they are surely responsible at this point. And if there is a beta; Then it should be doubtlessly open for all the community

They had an open beta version available before, it ended up splitting the community across the main release, several outdated betas and the most recent (at the time) beta. Made it very tough to get lobbies going.

Tiger1996 wrote:big patches,

Which is why its a good thing that BK will probably move to a rolling release model on steam. Other mods on steam like Europe at War are updated more frequently with smaller updates.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

If testing was open then it wouldn't be testing there'd be no difference between a test and release. I don't see how that is any more valid.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Would have you really payed attention on testing a unit that has not been touched and that has always worked?

Nieles
Global Moderator

Post by Nieles »

Guys, do not go flaming on each other. We do test everything, but like markr said; Everything that has been touched.
SO yes sometimes a smaal glitch or bug slips trough our testing.

SHit happens, bug reported now get on with playing instead of whining about our work!
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.

Krieger Blitzer

Bottom line is; I would like to say that the Steam release has to be flawless and decent enough to represent a 10 years old mod.. otherwise, I will not hesitate to vote it down while also calling everyone who trusts me to vote it down as well... As much as I am devoted to this game; as much as I would personally never accept a stubborn product after all this time waiting, specifically when I know that it could have been done better. Players in this community didn't support the Steam registration of this mod with also a lot of money just to get a corrupted Steam release at the end.
Also btw, it didn't even take any long until the devs were quickly able to collect the required money of the Steam registration fees through multiple donations. They were literally able to have it all in less than a week. Meaning that there are people out there who are passionate enough and always ready to provide the necessary support too. You can't let them down... As frankly as that!
A flawless final release with several beta versions before it, is always better than a fully bugged one.

Nieles
Global Moderator

Post by Nieles »

However i agree with what you say, this is not the topic to do this.
You are free to open another topic and discuss it.

As far as the bug goes, we are looking into it and are discussing it internally.
so we can close this ;)
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.