M10 of doom destruction!

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Krieger Blitzer

M10 of doom destruction!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Video is unlisted, not for the public... Only for those who stick around the forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVwbp8cCOkA

What happened simply is, I deployed a King Tiger this evening... Which is the most expensive unit in the entire game.. but shortly afterwards I discovered that it was just a Marder1 somehow :D
in fact; this happens often enough to the KT, even to the point that it might be actually game breaking. I am not sure though if the problem is with the M10 hit and run tactics ability or the KT's armor values or what exactly.

Warhawks97

Re: M10 of doom destruction!

Post by Warhawks97 »

Is that shitty Ability. Its weird as fuck. And that "Star wars tractor Beam" that somehow makes the enemie vehicle stuck where it is.
the Normal gun stats wouldnt allow that. Ive been always asking to remove that kind of abiltiy(ies). This is probably just another reason not to use that ability. It could have saved my ass maybe from time to time but i just hate it to use. Same goes for certain units like the stupa (and even scott to some extend).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

You used my phraseee :'c , by the way i think it was a related bug with the KT i tried making the same againts panther a lot of times and it dosnt work.
There is also a bug with the SP where u can pretty much fully destroy it with a click to kill hability from axis.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yup, your phrase fits perfectly :P
I think absolutely no super heavy tank should die in 1 hit by anything, from both sides... However, it's worth to keep into consideration that this ability didn't kill the King Tiger in one hit, but scored 2 penetrations at maximum range while also out-ranging the King Tiger and making it pretty much unable to move! Therefore I am really wondering why this ability is called "hit and run tactics" as I think it's performing more like "snipe and freeze tactics" the other way around.

But to be honest, I don't know any Axis ability which kills the SP in one hit. Not even the SturmTiger, a full HP Super Pershing will ALWAYS survive with 10% HP, but that's fine as I agree that it shouldn't die in 1 hit. Also, the accurate long range shot of Tiger1 and King Tiger tanks require high levels of veterancy and are after all regular shots that deals no extra damage whatsoever and may still bounce off, except the JagdPanther veteran shot ability which has extra damage but it costs 100 ammo and veterancy level 3, not to mention that the JagdPanther itself, as well as the KT and the Tiger1 are all expensive tanks themselves unlike the M10 which is as cheap as half-tracks. Nonetheless, I think there is still 1 ability that can kill the Super Pershing in 1 hit.. it's the 100 ammo rocket ability of Pak38 (50mm) yet, not always.. as it may still bounce, miss or deal less damage than usual.

But at the end, I surely agree that absolutely nothing in general should be able to destroy such super heavy tanks in 1 hit.
Super Pershing for example should never die in 1 hit; neither should both the King Tiger or the JagdTiger as well, but we all know how both of them die in 1 hit by Airborne airstrikes though!