Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.6.0 Changelog Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.8.6.0 Changelog Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

A WH Def doc player has the choice to choose between to have an assault tank like the Stupa or to have a support tank like the Grille instead... So it's just fine and no problems are with it in my opinion.. I disagree moving the Stupa to Blitz doc since they are not in need of it there anyhow!

@Wolf:-
Good to know that u are now convinced and that u have finally decided this about the poor Terror Pz4s, that's the correct decision though!!

I guess I must mention about that I totally agree with ur thoughts of delaying also the Croc Churchill with 1 more CP as it currently needs only 8 direct CPs actually!
But I do just have a better idea considering this however it's ur decision since then;
-Tiger Ace to become Vet2 but only once with one less CP.
-Churchill Ace to become Vet0 with one more CP delay as we just said, PAce exactly as it is delayed now but to become Vet0 as well while both should remain to be available infinitely with the same already existed long recharging time for sure...

Also in a result to what is above, the Blitz tactics shouldn't then require any less CPs but the single time Ace Tiger should instead!
And maybe the Calliope should require one less CP instead of the Armor doc heavy mines too! (This point is not relating to what is above but it seems to be a good idea suggested by Sukin) What do u think?! :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:A WH Def doc player has the choice to choose between to have an assault tank like the Stupa or to have a support tank like the Grille instead... So it's just fine and no problems are with it in my opinion.. I disagree moving the Stupa to Blitz doc since they are not in need of it there anyhow!

@Wolf:-
Good to know that u are now convinced and that u have finally decided this about the poor Terror Pz4s, that's the correct decision though!!

I guess I must mention about that I totally agree with ur thoughts of delaying also the Croc Churchill with 1 more CP as it currently needs only 8 direct CPs actually!
But I do just have a better idea considering this however it's ur decision since then;
-Tiger Ace to become Vet2 but only once with one less CP.
-Churchill Ace to become Vet0 with one more CP delay as we just said, PAce exactly as it is delayed now but to become Vet0 as well while both should remain to be available infinitely with the same already existed long recharging time for sure...

Also in a result to what is above, the Blitz tactics shouldn't then require any less CPs but the single time Ace Tiger should instead!
And maybe the Calliope should require one less CP instead of the Armor doc heavy mines too! (This point is not relating to what is above but it seems to be a good idea suggested by Sukin) What do u think?! :)

What has stupa to do in Bk doc? doing assaults in an assault doc oO. I could place the same question to def doc. It has also no need of stupa. Also rewards usually replace a similiar unit. Means an HT with 75 mm and HT with 37 mm, a Pak vehicle a normal Pak and so on. But an assault tank that replaces an arty unit is kinda weird. Its an assault and inf support tank such as stuh and was also the successor of the stuh. And if you check the current def doc tree its also strange: TH´s, arty unit/assault tank, heavy Tank/Heavy Tankbuster.

About CP swaps. I am ok with that though the one 1 CP added to SP could be taken away from something more usefull than the mines but well, its not that important.

About the recent poll about pak crews i wanna ask the same about mortars. The 2 men CW mortar and the 5 men PE 120 mm mortar can retreat with 1 men left and reinforce (the mortar is also reinforced in case of PE. Means if one men is alive it can be reinforced 5 times: 4 crew member and 1 mortar). All others die with 1 men left. Maybe some changes here as well ? (all die when only 1 men left or all can still retreat or keep shooting but not moving).

Also in general about weapons of weapon crews: they often take a lot of damage and seem have an nice ammoung of HP (Paks, HMG,s mortars). What if all could be destroyed a bit faster and if this happens the crew can retreat and reinforce? In case of PE 120 mm the mortar has low hp and is being destroyed very fast but the crew can then retreat and reinforce new crew members and a mortar.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

For brave testers: --- there will be another version

If you would like to go back until everybody moves onto it, just download previous patch and install it.

If no significant bug is found, patch will be declared as final.

Windows SmartFilter will probably cry that its not very downloaded file, potentionally dangerous etc. the usual stuff.

Dargoon

Post by Dargoon »

Just wanted to shout out a big thank you to Wolf and the other devs for continuing to work on this awesome mod; your time and effort are greatly appreciated. Even if I mostly comp stomp with friends instead of real pvp (I know the game is not what so ever balanced around that) I still love every update. You guys Rock.

crimax

Post by crimax »

So, US got its buff.

I like the work on SE doc tech tree. It is easy anyway, to understand what will be the most used path ...

We will see what happen .... axis fanboys stopped to complain for a while ... will they return ? :)
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Dargoon wrote:Just wanted to shout out a big thank you to Wolf and the other devs for continuing to work on this awesome mod; your time and effort are greatly appreciated. Even if I mostly comp stomp with friends instead of real pvp (I know the game is not what so ever balanced around that) I still love every update. You guys Rock.

Thanks

For testers who downloaded the 4.8.6.0 version, there will be a new one, because some forgotten files, I will probably still call it 4.8.6.0 because it was downloaded only by few people, you will have to redownload it, when its ready.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Alright! ;)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Okay, another testing version: Mediafire

I think it will be okay this time, I will also make new Full and Mappack installers, no more Complete, as >2GB. Please try atleast one pvp game and we will make it official. Focus on recon plane x AA and Bren / Jeep / Schwimm.

Known issues:
WH Marders have no fuel upkeep, will be solved in 4.8.7.0

Patch 4.8.7.0 will probably be in next 2-3 weeks, because we want to solve weapon drop issues and AA rather sooner than later.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Okay, another testing version: Mediafire

I think it will be okay this time, I will also make new Full and Mappack installers, no more Complete, as >2GB. Please try atleast one pvp game and we will make it official. Focus on recon plane x AA and Bren / Jeep / Schwimm.

Known issues:
WH Marders have no fuel upkeep, will be solved in 4.8.7.0

Patch 4.8.7.0 will probably be in next 2-3 weeks, because we want to solve weapon drop issues and AA rather sooner than later.

As we talkabout marder. The Marder I on PE side has ammo upgrades right by default while def has to upgrade. Also Marder I is not affected by TH massproduction but idk if this is intended as it is not only a Tankhunter. But thats not a new thing or related to the new patch.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As we talkabout marder. The Marder I on PE side has ammo upgrades right by default while def has to upgrade.

Yes,I noticed that too but only after the new patch had been released. I already know what causes it and will be fixed in the next patch too.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
As we talkabout marder. The Marder I on PE side has ammo upgrades right by default while def has to upgrade.

Yes,I noticed that too but only after the new patch had been released. I already know what causes it and will be fixed in the next patch too.

;) i will tell you stuff like that right when i see it next time. I knew that since several month. The BK doc 37 mm HT has also HE ammo by default but each activation cost 75 ammo. The MK IV churchill pays 25 ammo for HE upgrade and then also 75 ammo just for activation (stubby tank IV and sherman pay 50 ammo). Since this gun makes only sense against inf with HE mode its damn much to pay 100 ammo in total. Also its a 57 mm gun right? Is it the same as 57 mm pak? If so did the gun got any buff in previous patches along with the 57 mm paks?

Also maybe check pen stats of 75 mm kwk 37. It seems to have different armor pen values. The def doc HT with kwk 37 seem to pen tanks easier as the stubby 75 mm Tank IV but maybe i just had luck/bad luck with each unit in last test game.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

So everything okay otherwise?

Additionally, if you are new player or just want to help - you can download Full installation and Mappack, both should hopefuly work, but only I tested it.