Historical Add-on For Blitzkrieg mod

Here you can talk about other mods for COH.
Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Historical Add-on For Blitzkrieg mod

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Oh come on ;) nevermind.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I sometime think you are perhaps a bit blinded by the role you want I play.
My first reaction about Afrika, was to say nothing at all, and let it at stage it was, or I presumed it was. But it would have been a here an hostile/pervert reaction (I admit, that first I didn't though I could have a problem on my computer). I still ask myself why I did something that can be only a benefit for afrika mod. You seems loose that still unfinished implied a finished game in my mind means obligation to change the rate. Nobody seems to ask why I tried to understand the problem and why I asked question about it.

Like you say nevermind, I still hope have the answer to this problem.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I will not go that way talking about the role you need to play, i don't care, im trying to be neutral here, like i said i also tested it of course with Jff1, among hundred of players, and it work perfectly, so if your single case a.i. problem means that it must be the general statement point of view for all, then yes nevermind, can't say much about that, in the video you clearly see all a.i. abilities being used, a.i. air strikes, a.i. repair vehicles fixing tanks near the enemy HQ (i never saw that anywhere yet), you also have off map call in units, units created by dozens working together, take a good look of the amount of units in game, there is no lag either, telling me you can see both side is just another poor excuse, sorry, you can see clearly what is the other side is doing, and creating, but it seems that your case must rule, and what you're doing is unfair, i know some hard work has been made to achieve that amount of a.i. level of gameplay, so yes, nevermind, its not working for you, then too bad, im not defending anything here, i just know that this mod is 100% finished & 100% working, and the mod on your pc got a broken a.i.... maybe do a clean up, i know you are modding and "maybe" just "maybe" some of your game/mod/maps original files are corrupted or even missing, i just found weird that its working well for others, but not with you, don't you think so?

The general purpose of a coh mod is to have some good fun with your mates or alone, nothing more, its not a very big deal anyway, its just a game ;)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@Jalis
So, I just made the test you asked me to do via PM. I selected a 3vs3 map and I put 2 CW hard A.i and 2 Axis hard A.i and I stayed as Axis but did nothing and just watched them fighting each other... Everything went perfectly fine, they kept fighting for about an hour. Axis were crushed early game, but gradually they were able to turn the tide to their own favor as they had victory at the end!
Then, I restarted again but I went to the Allied side on the other hand just as a spectator as well, and once again with 2 hard CPU for both sides.. and this time CW were the winners! There were absolutely no problems whatsoever. Though, I can't share you the replay files of those games.. because I did this on the new revised Afrika maps which jff1 has handed to me, and you don't have them. Since they are not officially released yet.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Like said If prb come from me I will modify rating and comment. Your replay file interest me Tiger. If it come from me I would be curious to know the reason. Point if you fail to install a mod correctly you usually cant launch it. Possibly it quickly crash.
I dont say my case must rule. Fact I could have jump to conclusion too hastly is not excluded, even I would not like to be wrong.

Panzerblitz. what I m doing is not unfair. my review may be unfair if there is mistake. However I was searching in this forum for the truth before to be insulted, and will continue after.

edit sorry for rec ask i missed the last part of your post tiger1996. I will find an alternative.

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

Jalis wrote: Last time I was looking for Afrika I wasn't able to find it in the top 1000, on a web site who is already an has been.

Yes sure. (Today current rank)
Attachments
25423.png
25423.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 17662 times
25423.png
25423.png (2.86 KiB) Viewed 17677 times

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yup, that's the current rank today! And it's definitely not the first time to be in the top 100 btw :)

Honestly for me... Bk Mod feels so boring without this add-on, so lucky that we have such a thing for BK! ;)

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

thanks to me. With the number of time I connected This mods and downloaded it these days.
Be honest and show all. It is due to a sporadic excessive frequentation these day leading to an exceptional rise of +405 in a single day (and probably about the same thing the day before). A well know trick to artificially raise popularity is also to make frequently tiny updates in order to attract players for hit the mod again and download.

back to the subject. I currently made extensive test and it seems to give results. Roughly I made afrika a true standalone, modifying the module file by the way (path modification mostly). Tempory rating and comment applied.
Attachments
rise.jpg

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

After many fruitless attempts, I watched at Panzerblitz link, the coop games from our croatians friends.

You know what ? It is the kind of AI behaivours I have, when AI is not at its worst.

Except I tend to deal a bit more with 17 pdr playing as german, Unit I saw in the video are the same I have in my games.

a bit off topic, we have with this video a carricature of what can be a solo or multicoop game. An infamous bridge map, and players camping behind bridge with 88 and arty. The Sunday slaughter. It can be fun, I admit, but from time to time.

Here we can see, only brits in action, sporadically, and sadly from players point of view. However We can anyway notice, that despite brits are royal artillery inheritor at Afrika, Players about never suffer heavy shelling (Sometime smoke, thanks John Bull, you are too kind). When it happens it is from priests (limited to one/player). Problem is, too often, priests lockdown shortly after map entrance, so on big maps they are often out of range. Brits (4 experts) had built no 25 pdr howitzers. Remember here brits are supposed to be a kind bk royal arty inheritors. (there is a high demand for howitzer in AI file, but AI dont care)
Like for me, there is no m10 and some other things, but it is a bit less important. Roughly there is alot of thing AI dont do.

I will try to be short. jump to minute 63 (01.03.00). After one hour of camping players decide to attack. If I look at what they send, I think it is not the first time they play Afrika, and they know what will happen. The first assault will be destructive, but players force will be crushed at the end.
During the assault you can also notice the usual c15TA transport (in pair most time). Useless units but it is coded like that, at least this AI part is ok.

We can see only 2, perhaps 3 brits engineers (for 4 AI), demand is coded + 1000. Roughly I would say 8 engineers would be on the maps, but it seems not to be like that.

Only three or four HQ trucks survived the first assault ; 1 rank 2, and 2 rank 3

Off topic 01.08.30 to 01.08.53 you can admire the dance of the morrons by a armoured hq truck. It try to setup in an unsuitable area. Of course it cant, we dont know how long, perhaps from the start. In the process it produced nothing of course. It is why I say Brits AI in game is the most unreliable, never play with or against. But for that, Afrika is not responsible, and I know no solution to that except ; avoid brits.

Come back to the subject.

the second players attack will take place 15 minutes later. before that, planes scout former brits base and we can see ; no activity. The 3 surviving simply build units who run to attack players. AI simply dont replace nor repair.

Wake up ; AI have no more basic hq truck here, it is suppose to call and with the new basic hq trucks build rank 2 and 3 hq trucks to replace lost ones.
But it dont at all. And dont say it is intented like that please.

{pbg = SBP.CW.HQ, demand_type = DEMAND_Squad, demand_pref = 5000, demand_decrease = 5000, limit = 1, unit_types = {VEHICLE_HQ}},
{pbg = SBP.CW.ARMOUR_HQ, demand_type = DEMAND_Squad, demand_pref = 5000, demand_decrease = 5000, limit = 1, unit_types = {VEHICLE_HQ}},
{pbg = SBP.CW.INFANTRY_HQ, demand_type = DEMAND_Squad, demand_pref = 5000, demand_decrease = 5000, limit = 1, unit_types = {VEHICLE_HQ}},

It is from Afrika AI. I am not making anything up.

We clearly see AI fail, players launch the last attack after 15 minutes of peace, they kill the last 3 or 4 hq trucks and claims victory.

Roughly it is exactly what I have, on the best days, and sorry I dont call that a fully functional game.

On this video we can see only the emerged part of the iceberg sadly, but it is enough to understand their is a problem. From my experience german AI is broken too.

From a player point of view a broken AI is, in appearence not so different from an average usual one. I think our Croatian Players probaly believe it is normal, and intented, Of course it make things more easy. It seems they dont look for excessive challenge, and I dont blame them. Important is they have fun.

Now Pnazerblitz, a veteran player ; he watched the video and noticed nothing, but we will forgive him, he become old :lol: .
More seriously if he noticed nothing strange, when he very well know the game, how do you want the average player can do better ? Add to that I know the solo / multicoop community is a silent one. it is not like the pvp one who harrass dev every day for the smallest details. Ok it is because pvp boys are perfectionist. ;) I m close to think it is possible most people didnt noticed there is something wrong. PVP first will not be able to notice anything of course.

You can pretend we are now 3, me and the two guy on the video, who idiot and unable to install a mod, but I m not sure it would be a constructive answer.

anyway whatever AI work or not, I will never blame the guy who worked on AI. It is the hardest and more touchy part of the modding work for what I know. I can possibly blame quality insurance. Of course if no one report to the AI dev there is a problem it is legit he considere all is ok.

PS ; edited to correct some misspelling.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

1) cant inastall a mod. I think laugh, or perhaps anger prevented you to read correctly. I never said I was unable to install the mod. I said, After noticing strange behaviour, I desintalled and reinstalled it several time. Really up up unistall COH and start the procedure coh - bk - bk update- the mod. It is simply an over cautious test procedure.
2) fact I have different nick on moddb and bk is and never had been a secret nor itented to be hide. Claim I can also write under other hidden nick like depacem, is simply the kind of calomny which ashamed more his author than the victim.
From a high quality point of view, denying a problem existed to claim the product is flawless, instead to solved it, is probably an easy way, but appear a contradiction of what is required.
Actual rating from me is a this time 9 only in order to let it like it was on july 25th, like it seems you accept and allows only flattery.
I achieved to make to mod runs like intented for solo game, by modifying and correcting several files. Problems were of various nature AI non AI and structural.
Probably the mod deserved a 10 from pvp point of views. It seems to be pvp players point of view, and I have not the experience to rate this part. A part of solo/multicoop players seems to like to game like its, probably because it makes things easiers for them. The two guys on the video seems to be in this category. Last there is guys like me, others who warned you at moddb, or some comments like on Vinnysob video who detected a lack of optimisation for their playstyle (I say it as diplomatically as possible).
I made at least two mistakes ; first one was I forgot to remove my comment and rating at time I had doubt and asked help at bk forum to understand and why not propose a solution in what was wrong in the game. It is probably symptomatic, I unconsciously though moddb was a dead zone nobody care. It is not without reason BK want to move from moddb to steam.
I point I made my first comment on moddb that possibly could be not welcome. At Bk I asked to the community, help, to understand what happenned. It is the first and unvoidable stage to solve the problem.
From a logic and rational point of view, answer to comment would have be posted where the comment was made ; at moddb, and technical comment to solve the problem, or evidence there is no problem, would have been posted at bk forum. I presume answer was wrote at Bk, because, again inconsciously it was know moddb is an almost graveyard where an answer would have been unoticed.

Second mistake I though The mod was intented or suitable for solo and multicoop, when really it is purley, like bk, dedicated to pvp. It explains why I was hard (but fair from my point of view at this time).
Just because mod is for pvp, it makes comment for me inconsistent, since if the mod have been seriously and heavy tested it is for pvp, not for solo.To avoid potential fans disapointement perhasp it can be said in the presentation.
I myself explained it like about like that. The mod is dedicated to pvp and may not be completly optimized for solo and multicoop games.

/joke on I noticed the scatological picture, but I have still no clue who can be the second flies we can see testing the mod with me /joke off

The end

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

the creator of the Historical add-on said that v2.3.1-c is not compatible with bkmodv5 so we will have to wait until he release the historical add-on with the steam platform

ExE

Post by ExE »

So nice to get this update :D

Keep up the good work justforfun ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ExE95/

Praise be to the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Nieles
Global Moderator

Post by Nieles »

THis is like said before: a MUST for BK!
"Often you're too afraid!"

One guy gets beaten by a better player in PVP and comes and creates threads about a specific unit being OP.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Thanks justforfun1, keep up the great work :)

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

Hello guys, i need some new translations for the new comer in Afrika, the Kübelwagen :)

I need German and Polish translations, if you can help to finish that, thx.
jff1

EDIT: DONE.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

justforfun1 wrote:Hi :D New Histo addon V2.4.0. Bk V5 compatible! Enjoy!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-ad ... 3-d-day-44

Hell yeah, I was waiting for this my friend JFF1 xD you have my deeper thanks from Cuba. This add-on makes Blitzkrieg more beautiful, just for your knowledge. My friends here in Havana are very happy with BKmodv5, but they will be more when I give then this new version of Historical add on. Once again, Thanks

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I would have likely avoid an other E-drama, however I prefer to post it myself, before some say I use an alt elsewhere to write a rewiew incognito.

Review for Afrika only, most from PVE point of view.

I made a complaisant review some month ago, but new release solved no problems at all.

AI still have major flaws, making the mod unrealiable. Point it will not prevent you to play a game to the end. Simply AI suffer BK original weakness + Afrika mod weakness that usually lead to a fairly easy game. AI tend to hang up itself and ignore lot of opportunities it had.
In itself it perhaps dont worth 1/10
However reading license.txt and read.me I suspect some legal irregularities. I saw for exemple no credit for the fi 156, that is strange when the only 3d model for this plane I ever saw at coh, was a pirated one. Also we all know the PZ II is not from tiger205 because he simply ripped it from MoW. As well I saw no credit to sega when it is obvious most portraits come from COH2. Is it possible it is use without permission ? Also some icons look like too much others games pictures such as War thunder for I dont have doubts.

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

1) PVE point of view = Trash that into the bin because the mod is made for PVP, its just the zillion times im telling you that for quite a long time now, but you need to post a fubar review you like so much, its your thing, the pro balls breaker seems to fit you perfectly after all, i saw that same story with bk as well, its not new... whats next? Ladi di case? Murder? Or accident? Dig my friend, dig.
2) Find yourself a better occupation or start playing desert Afrika 43 maps before posting your "precious" reviews regarding the A.I.
3) Ui's of this mod has been designed and created by me with WT inspiration for sure, i think its clear enough no? or you just woke up today seeing that for the first time...it has been like that for 4 years now.
4) Sega & Relic are credited in the front moddb page, using COH2 ui's aren't forbidden by them as well, if it stays in the free/sharing modding community program, you need to consult, or you are maybe already consulting and you feel obliged to have your weekly crisis here, on Bk or Afrika from time to time.
5) Find yourself a better occupation.
6) Find yourself a better occupation and stop playing that game, because its driving you completely nuts.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

For information I played on afrika maps. It is AI that have major flaw, not maps. AI is the same whatever maps you play.
You can simply warn player the mod is intended for for pvp and works badly for solo and multicoop game, in order to avoid they loose time playing it this way.

6) Find yourself a better occupation and stop playing that game.

It is a long time I dont play any more. I can test things form time to time however.

4) Find yourself a better occupation.

I fear you have no authority to manage my time.

Just two more things ; From an historical point of view afrika 1943 Is a bullshit, however author weakness in history matter no more surprise me. Roughly one of the main reason Rommel was defeated was lack of supply and reinforcement. For nazis it was on a secondary front far less important than the eastern one. However in the mod it is the inverse. It is german faction who own reinforcement and supply skill such as fuel push ect ...

second is the word author / creator. Like you created really a few, I thing coordinator would be more accurate. Really you cant manage a mod, and you just was a coordinator for a team who worked for you. Funnily your job on the team was just to be the colorist, but even here, you were unable to assume the job, that lead you to pirate lot of portrait and icon in other games, then claims it is your work.

Finally, coordinator is too much. Pirate or copy / paster would be more appropriated.

It would have been different, with much more work.

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

A team who worked for me? hahaha, but dude, i ALONE did this mod, ALONE for now more than 4 years you understand?, You are totally out of your mind, my team work as you said represent 1% of the total amount of the work done, something you will never achieved, even in your own better dreams, and you know it, thats why you are trying to put that mod down, jealousy...jealousy... i never copy or use any of other games datas, and work my ass off on photoshop (yes photoshop, that thing you wish to master for your own mod) to create those icons, and like i said, if you don't like my mod, just STOP PLAYING IT! nobody ask anything from you, nobody, i will not get insulted on my work being treated as bullshit, copycat, pirate, etc... by a little angry, frustrated and mean little person like you no more, i made this mod for the Bk community, not for you who love to report and create fuzz about pretty much anything he touches, like you did to bk in the past iirc, but why are you still here Jalis? why??? if you hate so much the modding world, i do hope Blitzkrieg mod team will do something to stop this crazyness, this is harassment! and it needs to be stopped!

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I m jealous of nothing, since you created nothing, so I have not to be jealous either. Last I reported nothing. If I had reported, your mod would had be removed for Moddbd for piracy and illegal stuff use. So what are you speaking about ?

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

:geek: Im pretty sure you are all wet now.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Jalis, what is your point here? I just looked at most of the conversation here and it goes like this:
jalis: AI sucks
jff: addon is PvP so I don't care that AI sucks
jalis: hmmm....but AI sucks
jff: I said I don't care because addon is PvP
jalis: ok...I noticed that there is some model used, did you credited the author? and btw the AI is really bad
jff: authors of models are credited, I have approval from each of them to use their work. and the addon is PvP so improving AI is not priority
jalis: I am PvE player so AI is important for me and it sucks. Also your history knowledge sucks because (something in the addon)

It just seems that you keep pushing for better AI - jff said many times that AI is not his priority and will not be so obviously AI will NOT get better with any update in the future - simply because author of the addon does not want to put his resources in it. Why do you keep bringing it up again and again? Also I think it has been established quite clearly that you don't like the addon...fine, so why do you play/review it and have constantly the urge to point at the things you don't like? People who like the addon will use it and I doubt that your pointing at historical innaccuracies will change that. Why do you keep talking trash at the addon and its author? Do you hope to change his mind or something? Also what makes you competent to assess how much of work jff did in his addon and how much did people on his team? Were you on the team to have an insight in the matter?

So really what's your point here?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

You know Markr, my point is often reasonable/predictable. I say something true and an other people say it is false. I give evidence it is true, but the other guy never acknowledge he was wrong, so I claim again I was true.

It was claim at start I was wrong and AI worked perfectly. Afaik it was never acknowledged afrika had serious trouble with AI.
fact is it have serious problem. Point also it is not author dont want to put ressource in AI, but he cant because he have knowledge only in the graphic part of the game.

--- Author of models ... please you know like me it is false. Panzerblitz also. The Fi 156 was in blitzkrieg 4.0 and had been removed in the following patch because it had been know this model was really pirated, and we all know the pz II story, so stop with that.

Competent ; it is simple, I m enough competent to make a mod from A to Z. So I m enough competent to estimate the work done. In this particular case I point more lack of work than work done. Portraits is a good exemple, it is the kind of work I did, except for me, I made original portrait, I didn't copy pasted it from an other game. It is a matter of days no more to create an original gallery of portrait for all coh/bk units. I gave an example last year iirc.