Mobile medic halftracks

Ask questions specifically to improving your game and get only answers.
maousaki

Mobile medic halftracks

Post by maousaki »

Hi guys. I would like to ask what mobile medic halftracks are able to pick dead soldiers and produce a new squad. Is it only the halftrack from infantry company from americans? If you undeploy it and move it does it keeps the collected soldiers or does it zeros them?

sgtToni95

Re: Mobile medic halftracks

Post by sgtToni95 »

I asked this too some time ago, i guess the topic just went lost.

Ambulance in inf doc is the only mobile triage center, WH has normal triage center and medic bunker to recreate squads, other US docs only have static triage center, as well as all CW dotrines (their ambulance heals and allows to reinforce nearby units, but does not collect wounded bodies). PE on the other hand does not have anything able to create "zombie" inf squads, but its medic halftrack can reinforce and transport units, and you can upgrade base to heal all infantry standing inside HQ territory.

Even if it does not have the red bar upon it showing you the number of bodies collected, it does mantain it when it returns to mobile mode to settle somewhere else.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Just to point out some other borderline related ideas in case some people didn't know:

WM is the only faction without a mobile heal station, but you can create a medic from the triage building that can be put into a halftrack and basically act as a medic HT (without the ability to pick up bodies).
WM also has bunkers that can be upgraded to pick up dead bodies to make zombie squads.

Some nuances of zombie squads to consider: zombies count towards upkeep. So while everyone says how OP it is that CW can get "free elite zombies", the cost for those squads can actually hurt a strategy in the long run especially for a highly manpower dependent faction like CW.
One of the greatest tips I've gotten playing BK that for some reason I never thought of even though it's so obvious is that you don't need to reinforce your units. I use to habitually just hit R on squads when sometimes I realize if my particular unit isn't pulling its weight anymore... there's no reason to reinforce it and put resources in a sub-optimal unit. A lot of people probably already know this, but I didn't so I thought I'd spread that thought just in case.
I should make a post about resource counting... it's definitely a skill not everyone does consciously but makes a tremendous difference in strategy.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

Agree, depending on the location you can create too many squads without knowing it and hit pop cap at the worst time. Though I have won a game because I rushed the company sized volks into the fight and overwhelmed.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

speeddemon02 wrote:Agree, depending on the location you can create too many squads without knowing it and hit pop cap at the worst time. Though I have won a game because I rushed the company sized volks into the fight and overwhelmed.

Did you go in screaming "FOR ZE FATHERLAAAAND"?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

LOL, no I had sent them off to die and do some damage. The extent of the damage was not apparent until they got into the base. It was funny.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Technically BK doc for WM has stoss mobile halftrack which heals (does not collect woundeds) nearby units without needing to put a medic inside it. But, as medic bunkers available only for DEF, it's doctrine related.